Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
easy firemorph long time matey,
we kick off around 4pm gets dark by then allready.
cass get in the kitchen tonight i think you need to to get al those crepes finished in time the 4 hours in london didnt seem long enough and looks like we got a big crowd.
i sugest we al bring a lil soming for a picnic, lol...
well less that 48 hours to go.
Nancy is looking forward to meeting every one too.
we cant wait yay!!!

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:

Its been a while everyone, I was only present at the first two poi in the parks... What are ya'll up to? So how are you PK, Thistle?

Davena

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
you should come play with us all davena only like 36 hours or less to go till we all go mad.
saturday 2nd endcliffe park 4pm big meet loads of ppl and me. by the way i mailed you too.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
HOPT time like were posting a day ahead again folks....damn bugged me out again.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Right, i'm gonna do my dam-dist to get myself to endcliffe park tomorrow, but can i get there directly by train or am i gonna have to walk miles from the station???? (I'm coming from Cheshire)
A map would be good!!!!!!
PK??? Help!!!!

Please help me, i'm 'DIE IN' to meet you all, ARRRRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!
Thankyou!!
LOL
Trippy

(phone me 07773 2328356, please???)

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Good News, there is a bus that leaves from the road just above the station and goes past the park, but i'm afraid you'll have to extract the bus number and road name from one of the locals \Doh

Any locals about?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
This might help Trippy, it's from the previous page:

C@ntus
Member # 466

posted 17 October 2002 13:23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catch any of the 80s from outside virgin and they take you up to the roundabout.

Poi in the Park is held by the little cafe bit near the children's play area.

--------------------
C@ntus

See you there s'pose

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
*jumps up and down in excitement*

Yes Cass princess Snoopoi will be coming too.

Hi Davena I am good thanks, Looking forward to seeing you again.

Can't wait for Saturday.

Are we nearly there yet?

Mr Peteymember
43 posts

Posted:
will come out to play - Rar!

Just to clarify, if you get on one of the 80+ buses from Virgin it's the Second roundabout you get off at (Hunter's Bar) not the first (safeway)

Will be bringing my tripod for the girlie (sorry, I didn't get your name!) who wanted to play with it.

Pete.

Great Boomember
12 posts

Posted:
Well hello everyone!Yes,I am new to this board,and it looks like i found it just in the nick of time.Hope you wont mind one more coming along to this little shindig of yours(or is it a bit rude to invite myself,especially as we've only just met an all?)Anyway,have fun and remember,Matches Are Dangerous!
So watch it........

All men are born madSome stay that way

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
every one is welcome thats why we do this

Great Boomember
12 posts

Posted:
Nice one.What sort of times are we looking at for starting/finishing etc,as i have other comitments during the evening.Hope to say hello to everyone if i make it,but if not heres an Official Hello to everyone on the message board.

HELLO!

Hope you heard that at the back.........

RockJock

All men are born madSome stay that way

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
I'm sorry you guys that I couldn't/ can't make it... I hope the Rains held out in Sheff, I'm drowing only 12 miles away!!! So Whens the next one>>> DEFINATELY GOING!!!!!!! Or meet up and go to Headcharge is it 29th November???

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
So, how wented it? I presume you had rain.

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
It was great weather. For ducks. But them Northerners are a hardy bunch, and will spin in a bog while it's pissing down. Suppose you have to when there's that many incredible spinners about! Me, I've got an umbrella I can spin

old hand
733 posts

Posted:
So did it go ahead then????, I wandered around the park until about 6:30, and saw no one.
I was well disapointed, I did try to phone The Mind Gap but i'm guessin he was in bed. Lucky for some!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
i'm really sorry roman. we hadn't quite come down properly from friday night so me and spiral went home to eat at about 5 when everyone else walked off to spin somewhere drier.
and i'm afraid i didn't hear the phone go off.

wherever you go, there you are.

old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Aye,don't worry about it mate, i had possibly one of the most interesting days of my life!!!!!
For that alone it was worth the trip upto Sheffield.

I only got to meet one other twirler all day, sadly, and that was on the bus on the way to the park, so if that was you on the bus that asked me "Are those your fire staffs" HELLO!!!! At least you met me!!!!!

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Weather was actually AMAZING on sunday all day.

I want to thank you all with all my soul.
I had the time of my life.
PK,Nat, you really deserve the "best host in the world" award. Thank you both foir the warmth and kindness and tenderness and fun and kitchen floor as well

TempestS, both of you have made my heart melt. You are first class twirlers and really fantastic people. Hope to meet you again soon for more fun

Dom, Drew... love ya to bits

may I seize the opportunity to say that Dom and liam are NOT THAT TALL after all (pictures to prove this very soon )

Sorry I got to see Spiral, Fire Morph and the Mind Gap only too briefly

Dave, if you post here, your meteors are friggin AWESOME !!!!!!

Noona and pete ; TOO SHORT

Orange, my brother, be yourself and keep shining, I love you

Lolli, hamuda sheli, ani ohevet otach

Jo, I will be working on your famous amazing tricks. thanks for the kindness and patience and the lil aikido practice you are a sweet heart

Thistle and snoopoi, was o good seeing you if only you could have stayed, sunday was so beautiful
chat with you via Pm anyway !

Missing you all allready but my hear is full of happiness and great memories and a few scary pics as well

I love you and again THANK YOU for everything

Shine on
Cassandra

[ 06 November 2002, 11:31: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
sorry i missed you all ... was trudgeing round the park about 5.30ish determined and excited but could see no one ... so went off to a warm dry pub got drunk, went to a party in walkly and got to spin fire ...only briefly though coz i didn't dare do it for long.

party was fantastico, pity i didn't get to see any of you -> to everyone!
see you next time

[ 06 November 2002, 07:06: Message edited by: onedizzybird ]

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
ve'gam ani cass

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, managed to recover from the lack of sleep finally. I think it must of been all those bloody buttmonkeys scuttling around.

Had a well inspiring time in Sheffield- exactly what I needed to get back on track again. Cass, it was groovy to finally meet you after a couple of cancelled occassions, your spinning was very slinky indeed and your scrummy crepes definately did not dissapoint - think I had about twelvty or was it threleven? Can you send em in the post?

As for PK and the lovely Nancy, muchos generosity yet again. Where would we have been without your caffine and all round hostiness, probably getting soaked in the rain. Jusrt make sure that the cd you promised me dose not take as long as the last one. lol

Sunday was a cracking day, my first social spin in weeks and great to see so many accomplished spinners in such a small space. Rob, your staff work was fantastic but what do you mean you don't like 3 beats. Got a cracking shot of you doing a neck wrap/lolli scoff - haven't seen that one before anywhere!

Dom and Lolli - I just don't think that I could of got to sleep without your bed time stories, picturing you (Dom) as a princess made me drop straight off.

Glass, thanks for the snippets of footage here and there, got plenty to work on for weeks now, think i'll leave the contact ball for a while though.

Love and :hug:s to all Sheffield spinners, really looking forward to the next!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hi to all the spinners who were at Sheffield this weekend. Its Aiden by the way using Liams connection.

I had a fantastic weekend and enjoyed meeting lots of new faces and quality spinners. Ive definately been re-inspired by you all.

Big thanks to PK and Nancy for providing a roof and hospitality, ive decided to give the Arabian gun spinning a miss and still feel ill thinking about the Baton video.

go to all and i look forward to meeting again, hopefully in the near future. If anyone is wondering, the Aerotech staff survived its swim in the murky water and will perform again.

Nancy, dont worry about the coat its been restored to original condition, hope the pants survived to see another buttslide!

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
So when's the next Twirling Night/ Weekender!!! I've just got to meet up with everyone again, find out what you've all been up to!!!! As I mentioned earlier how's a bout a big night out at Headcharge? Do they do fire performing in there does anybody know??? Plus I've got to meet Nancy, and I've not seen Spikey Rich, PK or Thistle in 10 Months or so>>>>> Agghhhhh!!!! My work is like Prison... LOL

Davena

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'ld drop on by to say what has already been said at least ten times....

Great meeting you all

Nice to see such a variety of styles - very inspiring. I've never seen such good contact stuff. And that 7 beat weave is just oh-so-pretty Glass. I expect it to be 9 next time we meet.

Wonderful to finally meet you Cas. Enjoy your travels and make sure you visit us again. In Summer though. And bring more crepes.

thanks for making it such a good weekend everyone and bla bla bla bla bla

Seeya
Jo

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

jo, aiden and liam, Great to meet you, you're all top dudes dude
Thanks to everyone for the inspiration and the bloody good weekend.
We gotta do it again some time.

I got some spinning to work on.

Big hugs

Drew

[ 07 November 2002, 12:14: Message edited by: glass ]

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
ditto to drew

you guys are truly fantastic

t'was amazing to meet you

hugs and fluff
lolli x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is Noona really "too short"? Luckily she comes with the optional stilt attachments then.

Meh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Lol... cantus you will find that i come with stilts attachment too now

got to see all the pics on a bigger screen, they are lovely. Will bring Dom a CD in london so he can do the uploading stuff I am unable to do and we can all watch them and grin

much love
have to run

shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Dom, you got an email addres I can mail some lanky Cass pics to?

Page: ......