Solusmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,I am going to NY on Sept. 14th for a week and was wondering if anyone was performing out in the Manhatten area or if there were any cool places to visit out there for fire fairy hopefulls.

From the fire we came, and to it we will return

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
What's with the sudden interest in NYC? winkFor some reason, it seems, it has fallen upon myself to represent all of Gotham City although I have just started spinning fire two months ago. Here's the deal with what's up for September:I have no idea.Ya' see, everyone is at Burning Man right now and though we've been practicing and meeting often thoughout the summer I'm not sure if we'll fall back into our regular scedule in Sept. Will the posse be "burned out" (pun intended) and not want to talk about fire for a month or two? Maybe. Will we have many new recruits and be bigger and better than ever? Possibly. Though, I'd assume with summer turning to fall, the fire scene in general will die down a bit... Unfortunately for me, September is the most hectic month of the year for me so I don't know how free I'll be. Why not email me (see Meeting Others section) and let me know your situation and we'll chat then.Also, if any of the other, bigger dogs, in the NYC circuit want to throw me a bone here... feel free.

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
hey mo!you don't have to spin with me, but i'm coming through next weekend and want to take my kiddies out and get some oohs and ahhs.where's it ok to play?

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I've not run into any problems at all in NYC. Again, I've only been spinning for this summer but have spun in a few different parks. The ONLY trouble I've even heard about is when spinners spin in abandoned lots and such as it becomes trespassing. Even then, it wasn't that big a deal.So far I've played at Union Square (there are girls that spin there nightly for change and let me join them, but I don't ask for a cut smile) the astor cube, a park south of houston, and a park in Brooklyn. I've heard of central park BUT technically it's closed after dark so it only gives the cops a case. Also, it's big and scary. Of course, you could get unlucky and meet NYPD face to face so don't sue me if you do...Email me if you want, I'd love to see your stuff... MrmoNYC@aol.com Again, the posse's away so it'd just be me and you but it might be nice to have someone on a wet towel. And careful, I do a mean 3 beat weave.

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

Gabimember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey there,I've only been spinning fire for about a week... ahh... can't stop! Please all you travelers and local folk, email me anytime you want to spin. madtofu@aol.com Hope to meet some of youAlso, I posted a thread about organizing some weekly NYC gatherings in the events,performances discussion... check it outHope to meet some of you

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
YO CHECK IT OUT YO!See the "events" section for a poi park party this Friday August 31 in NYC.(Don't respond to this here, respond to it there silly!)[This message has been edited by NYC (edited 30 August 2001).]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Can I get a shout out to "Yo!" for lookin' out. Good lookin' kid. Mad love Yo!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]