Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Leggy Blonde (in case you haven't become aware of this already) i've supplied Mr Tempest with your addy. So you can disregard his request.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Thought i'd better bump this before it dropped from the page.

PK when is the next PiP?

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
right O,
erm busy as hell right now so i gotta sort this out...need to do a pip this month...
but need support for this one, the weather is shite right now aint it... park is used as one big rugby pitch too and looks like a boating lake and with out freezeing to death outside too we can get some where indoors but that dont let us do fire... i am thinking sports hall or soming but i cant come up with money to cover all cost of hire, so it would have to be a chip in job depending on how much it would be for a fer hours...well thats just an idea if we could get good numbers...failing that one waterlogged park in the cold and rain no where to sit and if you guys wanna see me then its gonna have to be a sunday if thats a prob with anyone cos i is fully booked up from now till New years day accept sundays after i atleast get 4 hours kip.
gonna run round and find out prices for halls n stuff..wil keep you posted....cantus spread the word man.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Does this mean we don't geet to spin in the park in the snow come Christmas time? I will not be able to make it on a Sunday ever as I work every Sunday

Just a thought, you could try pubs with function rooms, there is a chance you could get the room for free as the pub will make money on drinks sales, and if there is a garden/yard then fire is possible.

Are we nearly there yet?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Like in the Lescar you mean?

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
was in talks last night whilst boozing and we thought of weston park cos its dry there and with soid ground underfoot and somewhere sheltered to mong out.failing that lescar is a good option too

sunday the 30th nov weston park opposite the kiddies hospital, 3pm onwards. sorry thistle!

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Wow how come Weston Park is dry? Is there a huge magical umbrella sheltering the whole park from the elements that I didn't know about?

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Good idea about the Lescar though. No room to twirl but who needs poi when there's that much alcohol to be drunk - yay lets all go and get pissed instead!

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
there sould be a fair bit of room in the lescar if all the tables and chairs are taken out of the back room. and there's the covered bits out the back as well.

and like you said, if there really isn't enough room to spin, there's always the booze

wherever you go, there you are.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
www.pissedinthepark.co.uk

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
What is the lescar??? The pub thing is a great idea, but where in Sheff is there a chilled out land lord? I'm still to meet one! WMC here we come! LOL, Hey PK do you check your e-mail?

Davena

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
The Lescar is a brilliant pub just off Hunters Bar roundabout. Get in touch with Spiral or the other one for directions.

Meh

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
manic weekend ahead!!!
so...headcharge on the 29th
...losco state opera at the boardwalk 30th
...spining in western park on sunday

western park is really close to where sy, andy, and i live so if it gets to wet we could always come back to here for tea/coffee or theres a jacksons close by too for those that wan't to drink wonky juice!

by the way...my dads band are playing at the boardwalk on the 30th £4.50/£3.50, progressive folk/rock and they are actually pretty damn good so it would be great to see some of you there!

take care all see you soon

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've met your dad. He called me Liam. And you spent the day pretending that you don't smoke. Oh the fun we had . . .

Is it not called Weston park?

Meh

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
yes it is

wherever you go, there you are.

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
The other one, would that be PK? I'm meetin him on Wednesday, so i'll see where the Lescar is. I thought that Headcharge was last friday... but I didn't get a text so its probably this Friday. LOL. So Poi in the Park is this Sunday? Mmmm Is it after 6pm? I can't really do Sundays, in the same boat as Thistle... Nevermind... There's always Christmas Bank Holidays (26th Dec)...

"D"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
updated site: poiinthepark

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
You have been a busy bee haven't you?

buzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. looks splendid PK, well done

Can we have a beach party themed Poi in the Park on Sunday in the hope that the sun will come out and play too. Everyone come in your spanglyest bikini, especially you Spiral, I'm sure you've got plenty of very fetching bikini's in your collection
I'll bring a paddling pool and parasol.
See you sunday

Great Boomember
12 posts

Posted:
Very nice site Mr PK.Not being a local Sheffielder i had to search high,low an everywhere in-between to find out where Weston Park is.Got a map eventually.Where abouts in the park will you happy people be,as i may pop along sometime an say hello.
Bye for now

All men are born madSome stay that way

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
opposite the childrens hospital by sheffield university octogon centre there is the park gates outside the museum and mappin art gallery. you wont be able to miss us!... beware of randomly strange looking men, its the gaybo park! good job we all carry long chains and big sticks.. lol should be a kewl afternoon.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Fire Vampyre D - no I meant Mind Gap. But at the time we'd had a bit of a falling out and i was sulking. But all is fine now.

PK - new site looks wicked. Notice you've still got footage of that C@ntus kid spinning poi. That'll need updating soon i think. Cos I'm fairly sure he bounces a lot more now even if he's not any better at spinning.

And don't you dare mention COL4

[ 29. November 2002, 13:13: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
PEEEEEEKAAAAAY!!

OH MISTER PK...WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU???
Helloooo?

Tried ringing you a million and one times, is your phone off the hook?

I also sent some carrier pigeons, later found them dead on the road so I put them through your letterbox they don't talk any more but you could make a tasty pie or something?

Would pop round but the Japanese man keeps scaring me.
Give us a bell when you get a chance. Not sure if I'm going to brave the weather on sunday especially with my paddling pool and everything. Also Pete's working in Nottingham on Sat night so I don't know how alive I'll be. But then again I know you're probably working too so I'll try and be as hardcore as you!

send hugs to Nat too

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
So Who's Definately Going to PIP On Sunday???

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hmmm,

Could possibly be there, shall check out the coach situation, weather, josh...flat mates... etc....

Kate

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
So what usually happens at Poi in the Park when it absolutley pisses it down? Do you abandon, go to the flyover for shelter, or go to the coffee shop and drink copious amounts of hot chocolate???

I really want to go tomorrow, but if its raining and miserable will anyone else be there???

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
looks like its a no from me this month.
sorry guys. (skulks off to be miserable)

Liam

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is there a flyover?

Last time we were at weston park it snowed and we eventually called it off. Orange went to London as I recall.

Which is a fair distance to travel just to get out of the snow. But he's always enthusiastic about everything

Meh

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
There sure is a flyover, its near coffee revolution, which is kinda near the Octagon which in turn is near to Weston Park.. I think...

I'm in two minds about going, I really want to go, but I can't be bothered with getting piss wet through. I'll go though....

Who else is going???

Davena

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i'm there regardless that i did headcharge friday night, got 4 hours kip... been to london to work yesterday cant be bothered to go to bed i'm way to far gone to sleep and well up for the park today.. and if the previous posts were read about the venue.... it has shelter so we dont get piss wet through!... fly over is a good idea providing we dont get thrown off by the uni security, but as far as i am awear that is a pubic throughfare so they can go toss!.
right back to the world of snakes.. need to rescue this en before the radiator swallows her whole.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well its now midday, and the suns out so i'm playing.

Page: ......