Page: ...
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
ditto

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
So is it going ahead?

*looks very hopeful*

Please can it go ahead?

ubbangel

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

Andy HiroBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
As a complete aside, there will be a fair pile of people spinning in Whitby on the last monday of the month - fire on the beach!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok, som sorry for being slack, il get alollis number from alice, or i will go to tea pots tonight if i can figure out where the church is, and then ill tal to her then...

thank you

Step (el-nombrie)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
link to tpots website, with convenient map on the homepage-

easiest way is to approach down Upper Hanover Street, rather than the potentially dodgy route through the dark streets of Broomhall.

https://www.shef.ac.uk/uni/union/susoc/ftc/

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
that would be awsome, but i have no ideas hwree ANY of those roads are, so i have no idea how to place myslef to get there frown

Step (el-nombrie)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
If you can get hold of an a/z it'll be very easy to find, being only around 5 mins from Western Park (the usual summer meeting place that you know well) and the main university campus (with the Octagon etc).

If you know West street (main road going to city centre), you need to be at the top where the main tram stops are- facing towards the student union and HSBC bank, upper hanover is the big dual carriage way type road to your left and tpots are in the first church on your right as you walk down upper hanover.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
or you could be lazy and get a taxi...

Be Water My Friend.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
where's whitby????

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i turned up, and had a cool time, should turn up for more spinnine times in sheff

so now i am a member of teapots, and the hallam spinners and jugglers to!

smile

Step (el-nombrie)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
yeah, but did you talk to lolli?

Be Water My Friend.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
'Damn!!!'

said Mech, who'd spent the entire two hours trying to impress nubile young freshers with his juggling skills;

'I knew I'd forgotten something...'

smile

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

DarkmatterBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Please be patient people, there are a few things happening with the big PiP, and Lolli is not quite sure exactly what as of yet. She is being kept waiting for information from a number of different sources. Plus she is an incredibly busy young lady at the moment and so many people are asking her what’s happening and all she can say is that she doesn't know quite yet, but she's working on it.

She will let everyone know as soon as she knows herself. I know people need to know dates ASAP, but so do we.

On another note the University of Sheffield Flying Teapots Circus Society forum is pretty much up and running, just a few things to straightened out. it is being hosted by the lovely people at jugglingballs.co.uk and all information on both can be found on the society's homepage at https://www.shef.ac.uk/~ftc/
as soon as the forum is up and running you will be able to get to it (obviously) from the Teapots website. I will also announce its grand opening at the next Teapots meet (17th Oct).

There will be a specific board for the Sheffield Poi in the Park on the Teapots forum, primarily for local members who don't use HoP, but if people will try and channel questions through there it would be alot easyer... as of this weekend when the forum goes officially live.

Cheers

============================================
PCRules.com - Welcome to the PC age

DarkmatterBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
In addition, the Sheffield Flying Teapots Circus forum is now officially up and running ahead of schedule and can be found at https://www.shef.ac.uk/~ftc/

Cheers

============================================
PCRules.com - Welcome to the PC age

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Nice forum smile

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: onewheeldave

'Damn!!!'

said Mech, who'd spent the entire two hours trying to impress nubile young freshers with his juggling skills;

'I knew I'd forgotten something...'

smile

dave i was showing off with poi to prety young ladies, if you must know wink

and no it didnt bother me this post *git* wink

Step (el-nombrie)

carrotsintheskyBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
hey kids, it´s kirsten here. bit of a random one, but....does anyone have any fire spinning contacts in Pèru? yeah, I know, unlikely, but I´m really desperate to spin with people!!!

On another note i´ve had a fire spinning summer of wonder in the states, you should all try and come to burning man next summer, it´s amazing!

hope all´s good at teapots and the bath hotel smile

Page: ...