Page: ...
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If I'm in Sheffield then I might come and play.

Meh

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
PK my good man.. how nice to have you on board the HOP bandwagon !!The poi-in-the-park idea is fantastic. I can bring a fairly large portable music making contraption so we could have a good spin for however long it takes and then all ooze over to mine (a 1.67 minute walk) for drinks, munchies and whatever else materialises (Hmmm...??). I've got the house to myself so theres no problem with people staying over (if thier legs are in no fit state to carry them home!) Howzat sound??ps: I will only be on the web today and Monday so please feel free to call my mobile or send me a text (for those that have my number); and for those that dont, please e-mail me today or Monday.Alternatively, if anyone who is going to Headcharge tonight wants to come along, make yourself known to me and Ill give you more info then..Like I said, theres the option of drinks, munchies and stuff at mine(+ room to spin with uv & music) and room for cabbaged out space monkeys to kip!Any takers... please feel free.. ------------------Kato[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 21 December 2001).][This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 21 December 2001).]

Kato

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
all being well for this coming sunday the 30th, @ endcliffe park sheffield (huntersbar roundabout meeting place)..will be there for around 2pm in the afternoon i will bring my camcorder and my camera along for some snaps etc..and i think kato is suplying us with some tunes should be good, it was quite shite busking in town today so i just hope the weather gets a lil better for the weekend, for all those that i know are turning up i will see you all there for those who want to come, come along any way....tara fer nowDr Vain-eGo pysco'delic fire technician

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Count me in.Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I am in. Even though I'm not from sheffield. Kato, where are my directions?Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm not coming. Sorry kids.

Meh

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Last call for Poi in the Park.. 2pm by the Queen Victoria statue / Hunters Bar roundabout end of Endcliffe Park on Sunday 30th...THISTLE... if you see this in time, please send me another text so I can give you directions... or, if anyone knows Thistle's number, ask her to get in touch with me ASAP.Like I said, dont let the weather put you off.. if it looks like its gonna be poo, theres still the offer of the party at mine with music, munchies, UV and a place for waifs and strays to crash...This message was posted at 11:33 GMT on Friday 28th------------------Kato[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 29 December 2001).][This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 29 December 2001).]

Kato

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I sent her a txt for you Kato. She may have contacted you independantly already without my knowledge though. So if you start getting confusing messages off her about lost numbers you can blame me. grin wink

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yay i have a puter again...damn technological tempremntal wimin i tell ya allways give u grief!

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Taanx Cantus... I have been in touch with the Thistle now.. everything is set for Sunday...Cant wait to see all those that are coming.. I know some are coming from far and wide so it should be a good one !!There will be cameras and camcorders there on sunday so there may be some additions to the mugshot gallery soon !! (But none of me cuz I HATE havin my picture taken... unless Im caught doing a perfect 9 beat BTB weave... forwards.. ...ahemm)------------------Kato

Kato

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Taanx Cantus... I have been in touch with the Thistle now.. everything is set for Sunday...Cant wait to see all those that are coming.. I know some are coming from far and wide so it should be a good one !!There will be cameras and camcorders there on sunday so there may be some additions to the mugshot gallery soon !! (But none of me cuz I HATE havin my picture taken... unless Im caught doing a perfect 9 beat BTB weave... forwards.. ...ahemm)------------------Kato

Kato

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
grin grin grin we for all those that made it today a big thank you to you all for coming and venturing out in to the cold and snow for a great afternoons spinning, kato sorry i couldnt make it to yours afterwards i had to get back home cos my brother had been here for the weekend and was waiting for me to get back. but it was a truely good fun to meet all you guys some very nice spinners there and so good to get together! grin so the big question to you all as i think we all will probably agree! who is up for a regular meet? maybe once a month? let me know what you all think..lemme know the best times to suit all! right i gotta shoot..thanks againpk grin grin

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Well... what can I say..??That was absolutely fantastic..!!! Big huge thanks to all that made it; despite the cold !! I think we may have stumbled across something there PK..??!!To top the night off, and just when I thought I was the last man standing (or spinning..), who should turn up at my door...?? ORANGE !!! Thanks mate.. you really put the icing on the cake for me!!I know a shed load of pictures were taken and I have already seen a whole bunch... HUGE thanks to all those who brought thier lenses.. and MEGA thanks to Paul (techno-wizzard come poi addict !) for giving us an instant slide and video show of the whole thing back at mine..!! Hopefully we'll see some cracking shots up in the gallery soon.. So much for an early night.. I couldnt put my toys down until about 3am !! (Too hyped after watching Marlboro's COL 2 video - cheers matey !!)To avoid rambling on and on and on and on and on and..... I'll cut it there with one last great big massive huge mega-enormous gigantic..THANK YOU !!!! ps: PK my good man... recon we should do this again ?? YOU BETCHA PAL !!!------------------Kato

Kato

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
gonna try and organise a regular meet once a month or fortnightly for us all in a central location and get the sheffield's own flying teapots circus skills club involved too cos there are a lot more spinners jugglers etc out there that i know of...but towards the end of jan i hope to have more details finalised for the next meet unless we all want to meet before..or give me a call for those that have my number.. i'm up for a spin any time you want..right happy new year folks...its just gone midnight and i am home alone on NYE drink raw JD..hope to see you all very soon in the new year..pkwww.vain-ego.com/into-the-flames grin grin

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Cheers for a quality day you guys! PK for organising, and Chris for the warmth, and everyone else for pitching up in ther snow.I had a sheff-tastic time!! I'll be at the Arches on 25Jan, so maybe see a few of you there.Thanx againM:-)~------------------"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold."

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
Theres about 3-4 poi ppl down here in Leicester i think it would be a good idea to get together with some of the peeps from Sheffield. Though i dont have a clue where sheffield is i know it is in England somewhere!!Leicester is a central location and there are a few good places to poi as we have quite alot of parks and stuff?!?!?So if any of u lot wanna get together just email me!!!------------------www.fire4hire.co.uk - in constructionwww.ampcast.com/djmdma

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

Katiomember
5 posts

Posted:
I very sadly missed the last sheffield poi meeting as i was in London but i only live up the road from the endcliffe park so i'd love to go if another were to be organised. Dont like doing poi at Headcharge as every1s sooooo much better than me.. maybe some1 could teach me a few tricks?!Kate

Kate xxx

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i have had interest from leicester for our gatherings sadly it was after the one we just did.sheffield isnt far will take 45mins approx from leicester in a car, just up the M1. sheffield has a very large juggleing/poi etc base there are so many ppl up here in to it, so i think regular meets are very in order quite a few of us run websites too and its allways a good time for getting to meet new faces and get more pics for galleries. we had ppl come up from nottingham, leeds, chesterfield for last months meet so the more the merrier grin my website will be up hopefuly by the end of this week or next with a very large collection of pics and the odd movie so check it out send me your pics etc i will post them up! www.vain-ego.com/into-the-flames pkvain-ego email: pk@vain-ego.com grin grin grin grin

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
next poi in the park!will comence at 2pm @ devonshire green, sheffield city centre on the 27th january 2002you may ask me why this location!its central for ppl to find, there is a shop, bar, pubs a skatepark (if u skate too)big grassy area with no trees to burn down! seats for the weak ones to crash hehe.this one will be fun if we can beat last months turn out.drop me an email if you need locations!pk@vain-ego.comi look forward to spinning some fire with you all.and i finally got that 6 beat weave and 4 beat corkscrew down 3 days ago grin well chuffed! pk

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Not everyone is better than you at headcharge Katio. Although I don't believe I've seen you I can quite assuredly say that you're better than me at poi.Not sure if I can make your gathering again PK. As you appear to have put it on a Sunday - again. And, whilst I am in Sheffield that weekend (birthday Headcharge and all that), unless some miracle occurs I will either have gone home or be thoroughly exhausted by Sunday.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
hiya all smile9pm 2pm errr i was close !!! and after i came back from london especially to meet up !!! damn my long/short/lost memoryta to the good host that you are kato smilenice high ceilings you have too!!if i was a girl........hehemust start putting that down for relationship requirements smilegonna try to make the next one to meet met/unmetb4 alike...i`m also in talks for a place to practice - but it may be an afternoon thing when we could have it - so it won`t suit all -unfortunately...happy new year allooh and i bet last night was the first time we didn`t poi!!!whilst out! strange eh kato------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
You're right Orange... thats VERY strange..????? I think it must have been the alignment of the planets or something..?? PK... do you think having the next poi in the park on the same weekend as Headcharge is a good idea..?? It will mean two long journeys in one weekend for a lot of folk.. not to mention work on Monday morning for most.I thought we mentioned something back along about having it on a weekend in-between Headcharge and Zogg.. and on a Saturday too. That way people would'nt be burnt out (if you'll pardon the pun) and skint from the night before. There is also a lot more on offer on a Saturday night for afters if people still want to go out and party.. (like Probe at the Lescar for example.. plenty good trancy/mini-Zogg type stuff))Devonshire Green is a good idea though.. plenty of innocent bystanders/spectators to impress... Forgive me if I sound negative cuz Im not being.. I just think the Sunday after Headcharge isnt such a wise idea.. If the populous feel different then I will bow down in humble rectitude and say no more..thoughts please everyone...ps: I had thought of Saturday the 19th..???------------------Kato[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 07 January 2002).]

Kato

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I am in complete agreement with Mr Kato. I'll be completely hanging out for some tlc/sleep by Sunday afternoon(all offers of TLC gratefully received wink) .Onelove TFP smile[This message has been edited by Thistle (edited 08 January 2002).]

Are we nearly there yet?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ok then, i figured that soming might be happening that weekend! erm saturday the 19th should be a good en for most ppl i'd agree grin pk

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
change of planspoi in the park 2saturday 19th january 2002devonshire green, sheffield city centre2pm if you require directions email me atpk@vain-ego.comhope to see you all there! grindo you have a vain-ego spinning poi?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If i get any money for my birthday (it costs me £18.40 return on the train to get to sheffield) then I might turn up.It looks like there is no Zogg this month (in fact there isn't because I got an email from Dionysus this morning) so I think I'm staying in this weekend.So what's on the weekend of the 19th? I don't do poi y'know. I hope this won't be a problem.

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what an unsightly hour to be posting messages cantus ...lol naw man we are all welcoming staff spinners poi twirlers...any thing even if u can use a fire diabolo it all good...this should be a big en...i emailed every one from the hop site in leicester,nottingham,sheffield,leeds, and manchester and i have had responces back allready.cantus where will you be traveling from? i can let you know if any one is coming from where ever you are!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I tend to be on in the middle of the night pk because my girl lives in California (which is 8 hours behind) and this is the only chance we get to talk.I live in Northwich in Cheshire. Not sure if anyone is coming from my direction.

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I'd love to come but sadly live far too far away. Hope you all have a wicked time though grin I shall be sitting at home wishing i was elsewhere.......

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'd just like to say cheers for the day, and if anyone wants to see the pictures go to:https://www.geocities.com/sheffield_poicant wait for the next one! grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

Page: ...