Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
i think i might have been a bit too close to the camera

wherever you go, there you are.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I'm confused now guys, we've side tracked. Whens the next PIP?

Aunty, are you going on the 26th????

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
unfortunately i'm going to miss annie and rachel's birthday on saturday
Non-Https Image Link

no transport available.
but i'll be back in sheffield on sunday when everyone's hungover/coming down/asleep so at least when i get there there'll be plenty of opportunity to annoy people with my awakeness and moving-in noises.
Non-Https Image Link

in other words there's no way i'm going to miss headcharge on the 26th.
so i'll see you then.
Non-Https Image Link

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Okay, by the powers vested in me, by a certain mr PK I've been told to tell you all that the next PIP is the saturday before the next headcharge, so about the 20th, 5pm start as usual, and endcliffe park still.

Oh yeah, headcharge 26th -OS1 LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Dibs is coming to play

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
coming to pip and headcharge i hope

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
No, just headcharge. There's no way I can ask work for both weekends off. I'll lose my job and then I'll never be able to see anyone ever again, which would make me tres sad. Sorry Aunty, but it's one or the other...

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
erm...it might just be me on some strange green pills givven to me by the elephant that lives at the end of my garden under the juniper berry bush...but is or is no the next pip this comming sunday (the 12th)...im getting highly confused

-------------------
I like cheese

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You live in London Jonathan, ignore the Sheffield thread. It only confuses you.

Everyone is going to Headcharge this month (26th). But, thanks to pk's moving the goalposts yet again, we (Ros and I) can't attend PiP this month.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
There'll be plenty more PiPs for you to go to Dibs. But it's not often that you can go to Headcharge for only £5 hand round with Spiral, Mind Gap, Dizzybird, me, Ros, Walking Corpse ( ), plus Kato and Noona etc all night. And see the excellent OS1 as well, now is it?

Like I keep saying everyone is going to Headcharge this month. Stop fussing and just turn up.

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Yip yip yip. Me going. But not to PIP STILL haven't made it to endcliff park for a spin yet One day...........

And guys - this be a PIP thread not a headcharge one

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I wasn't fussing fraggle. I's already made my decision thatnk you very much. I will be there......... so long as work let me play. But it should be fine. yip yip.
Cantus, how you getting there?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
hmmmm... july 26th ??? I'll be in grece still recovering from celebrating my birthday.. BUT i shall dance around in circles just to be close to you all in thoughts on 26th in the evening

Give yourselves a biiiiig hug for me, will you ? so wish i could

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
We'll all hug lots for you cass

Dibs - we'll be getting a choo-choo

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Like the delectable Ros says, we'll be going on the train Dibs.

I never said you were fussing btw. My message was mostly aimed at James. Some people need reassuring sometimes I think...

Meh

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
me??
do you really think i won't be there?

os1member
101 posts

Posted:
hello just thought you'd like to know
2 weeks on tues 23rd july poi and music and barbecue at yorkshireman pub in town

dizzy, walking corpse ed and everyone else here says hello

Love is a gift. You can't buy it, you can't find it, someone has to give it to you. Learn to be receptive of that gift

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Choo choo from where? Yours or in the Northern vacinity of England??

*Wonders why she is asking as she'll be in Edinburgh anyway and will have to journey alone*

Need to check trains.....hmmmm......
Help me make an excuse up for work guys!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ros comes up to mine for a few days then we head to Sheffield on Friday.

We're having an uberlong weekend

*grins broadly and bounces happily*

Meh

..OBLIOIUS..member
2 posts

Posted:
SORRY FOR CHANGING YOUR SUBJECT GUYS BUT IF ANYONE IS INTRESTED THERE IS A MULTI-CULTURAL FESTIVAL NEAR PITSMOOR ON SUNDAY 7TH JULY (TOMMOROW).THERE WILL BE A POI WORKSHOP WHERE ANYONE IS WELCOME TO COME AND SPIN OR LEARN NEW MOVES.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!! BUT DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Near Pitsmoor? What's near Pitsmoor? I can't think of any venues near Pitsmoor.

Meh

os1member
101 posts

Posted:
it was as abbyfield park (i was going to go but due to the fact i never left rach & annies partie till 7.00pm sunday, i didn't)

Dibs valid excuse for time off work

Job interview (they have to let you go)
death in the family (unless you work for Toyota in which case they WILL ask for a death certificate)
your hay fever tablets say "may cause drowsiness" and you don't want to take the risk
you have been asked by MI5 to be an undercover operative for a few days while they investigate the mystery disapearence of a top london hotelier.

Love is a gift. You can't buy it, you can't find it, someone has to give it to you. Learn to be receptive of that gift

192 posts

Posted:
funny you should say that....cos im up for a sheffield bash during my summer hols...where and when is it..eg...is it anywhere near the church with the fucked steeple?? but the only deciding factor...(without trying to sound very rude) is...would it be possible to stay over at someones house on the night? cos i dont know what time it finishes (but i bet it will be late) and it a really big effort to go back to london on the trains at 12 at night... :-)

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

192 posts

Posted:
why c@ntus...do you have "Older brother of our family of what then" as your tag???? wtf????

--------
i like cheese

..OBLIOIUS..member
2 posts

Posted:
sorry about the shouting mind gap.

on another note sorry for the vague message on sat about the festival i was in a rush and forgot to type the exact venue.

thanks to all who made sunday and especially everyone who turned up after saturdays birthday parties(which were banging).

i`d give individual shouts but i`m not quite sure of all you names(i haven`t been on here much).

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
UCOF, the next one is the 20th of July. If there's nowhere for you to stay in Sheffied you can get a lift to Nottingham with Myself and SNOOPoi and crash at ours.

Are we nearly there yet?

spikeyrichBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
ignor this screen name cos it aint mine...
but hey its me PK!! any one missed me?
anyway beena lot of shit going off in the past 2/3 weeks now..
but any way i have no PC until i can affordto fix mine.shame.. well skint.
erm as for the next poi in the park, well we were talkin about this at the pub on monday night, and we cam up with the asumption of saurday 25th at devonshire green in sheffieldcity center.. well if it happens then thats kewl.. we also felt that pip 2 werked really well at dev green and that endcliffe was a lil outta the way even though its 5 mins walk from my house.. but turn outs are better then nothing due to the shitty weather last month!!! cheers guys fer those that came out for a lil slack rope, stilts and toys!!
well if ppl turn up on the 27th then thats kewl... shame of it though is i will be at headcharge the night befor and tha i am performing at global gathering on that saturday.. so i may notbe around for PIP.. aww that fucks me off.. *insert sad face here*
take care guys , i will be back asap!!!
xxpk

as you think so you are, as you imagine so you become.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Dam it!! im off helping my local scout group on the 20th..whens the one after that? Thanks for the offer thistle!!! it would be cool to see hayli again..i might take you up on that offer!!
Have you got directions please?

----------------------
I like Chees

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey PK. How goes it? Ros and I are going to be at Headcharge this month (plus various other members of my little fire family). So that should be exciting. Haven't seen you for ages. Be good to catch up etc.

Meh

Page: ......