Forums > Social Chat > t-shirt design competition?

Login/Join to Participate

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
hey, as a way to boost the number of t-shirt designs submitted could it become a competion? like the top three win a home of poi gift certificate or a copy of the new fire video. this is just an idea to play around with. also would it be possible to set back the due date for the designs a little? i have a couple of designs that i am still working on that i will try to send in soon. oh ya, what color are the t-shirts likely to be? any how it will be great to see what the final votes on the t-shirts are!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Well, I guess this would be for me since I am heading this thing up. If it okay with everyone I can move the deadline back, sure. How about an extra month...end of September? I have received a couple of emails about this actually. After that I would really like to get the votes. This is already a competition. If you read the details on the T-shirt page you will see that the votes being taken will end with the top, maybe 5 ??designs being turned into t-shirts available for everyone. The sale proceeds of the t-shirts are to go to defray the costs of an international poi convention/gathering we are going to have in NZ in two years. This will help to book a venue, get appropriate insurance and possibly we could get airlines and hotels to offer discount rates to participants. Hmmmmm. This sounds like the making of another thread. Anyway. Please keep in mind that designs are not to be representative of Home of Poi or any other spinning/performance organization, nor of just poi or fire, but to embrace the spirit of spinning as you see it.I also need to say I have enjoyed everyone's submissions and I know that voting will not be easy.So, what do you say...submissions until September 30, Voting until October 30 and then tallies in by the beginning of November?Also there is the option of other mechandise such as hats, mugs and such....would you all be interested the designs on these as well or just tshirts?So far, all merchandise has a white background. Color is more costly and only available in bulk from where we are planning to have these made.Thank you again! ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Our illustrious leader and guru Malcolm has generously donated $150 USD in gift certificates ($30 each person) and a t-shirt with their own design on it for those whose designs are chosen in the final vote. Thank you Malcolm, you are the best!....and I humbly bow to you!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Hey Pele, How are you doin'?Could we do the naked mug thing????? I think it would sell a treat....(confused readers consult the body armour thread, believe me it's a good read) shockedI am really trying get a design together......Annie grin

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
oh ya, one more question, what are the color limitations of the designs? like how many colors can we use (1, 2, full color, etc...?)and is it ok to send you a scanned copy of the image or do you want the original mailied in? also is there a prefered dimension maximum for the image or can you change the size of the image to fit the t-shirt? gee i got a lot of questions. anyhow i look forward to seeing other fire swinging artist's creations! -melissa