Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
ooOOoooooOhhh NooooOOOooo!

What rubbish luck spiral. What a bad luck weekend all round though...

Finished work at the NEC on Sunday morning at 6. Driving back to Sheff to catch the party when the van blew up on the motorway. *~#*BANG CRASH AAAARGHHHH!!** Had no choice but to eat all the paper we had left ( ) and make the most of the 12 hours we had to wait before a friend could rescue us. when....two policemen complete with Chips style glasses turn up and try to completely **** us over. Chips was trying his utmost to get me to admit that I had a criminal record (which I don't) and if it wasn't for the angel disguised as a rescue pick up man we would've had to pay £250 to be towed about 100 metres off the motorway and had the van (which was full of grands-worth of costumey shit) impounded! In the end we made it home, had 6 hours sleep then flew to Northern Ireland for another test of how many hours we could kill our bodies running about on stilts and staying awake. Managed six hours sleep in four days and now I'm going to fill a box full of polystyrene shapes, get in it and set my alarm clock for June 2007.

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
And I shall cut eye holes in my hibernation box and keep them peeled for any staff thieves that may happen to stumble into my GIANT STAFF THIEF CHOPPY CHOPPY DEVICE which I shall rig up outside my box.

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
poor laura and pete...hope you've had a good rest now ...well i think i must of had everyones luck because i had a great weekend going to both the parties on sat night getting drunk on the sunday finishing with lunch on monday...so i think i had better send some everyone elses way

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
....radiateing luck !!!!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
damn jo have you lost the plot????

hey guys... well rach no ideas when i get back to visit, hope in the summer we can arrange a big'en your way and get every one together again.
news so far.... the site is going to be back online this week, managed to find funds to cover the next twelve months server costs and will be getting a phone installed at home i hope this week so i can update shit for you.
been real busy, went to the BJC the other week and oh god did i get sunburnt.. oh i learnt new moves too anyway for those that have seen videos posted on HoP so far i know our latest has been uploaded by jez curtesy of glass getting a copy from me at the BJC, we have another pre COL4 video made and ready to upload as soon as i get a phone line and 101 get my site un-suspended.

so i just caught up on the posts as i hadnt read or followed for some time since my absense, seems things are going well and new faces apearing... kewl... oh glad maddog stuff is sorted, shame i wont be able to make it... same week as glasto and we have been booked for that.

tempest you aint moving to shef... edinburgh dude... telling ya.

well beltane is this week and i cant be arsed with that so... i'm staying home.

if anyone is around in brighton next thursday we will be there next to the pier with our set and show for the streets of brighton festival... boy i get to fly for the first time yay

erm EJC any one???? denmark.. see you there if any one is gonna save up and come with.

bluecat/mineiro is a pain in the arse to live with.... just kidding wish he wouldnt hump my leg or try to... irritating

so: in conclusing life is fantastic and the sun is shining and i have by myside my poi and 5 juggling balls and i am gonna go spin so airwraps and hyperloops<<< see i've been learning stuff oh buy col4 and vote for us... gonna get weird i tell ya.

so be kewl guys, i will be back online more often as soon as BT's sorry asses decide to come fit my line.

pk

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
bitch

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

*silke*SILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
what is exaxtly happening on brixton, what kind of festival is it?
im going to the EJC ill c u there.
Very nice show in the BJC

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
airwraps and hyperloops....ooo they sound exciteing!!!

anyone interested in dinnington let me know as i said before unfortuneately this will be unpaid however...we get to avoid the entrance fee which will be £5 and the camping which is another few quid. its all beginning to sound rather exciteing with something for everyone incl...bands, fireworks, dance music from breaks, funky stuff, house through to techno and plenty of other entertainment. so let me know so i can organize stuff please. next pip...31st may headcharge weekend!

hugs to all xxxxxxxxxx

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
silke were in brighton.
we have a full cast and crew for an even better show as the bjc was only half + random HoP people involved at the end.
its the strets of brighton festival and its on from thursday till sunday i thing and will have loads of circus stuff and shows going on as its a showcase type event. should be well worth a visit.

Mavmember
3 posts

Posted:
Lo all long time no speak

Im in for Dinnington should have some transport by then.

Whens the next spin in the park? After headcharge. Lab4

See you at Zogg

Jay.

Mr Peteymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hey! what are we doing on the second page??

That's better!

I think I've toyed with air wraps occsionally, but I'm not really sure as I've never seen them done or read a description. I just messed around and thougt "Air Wrap" seemed like the right name for what I was doing.....

I've no idea what a Hyperloop might be though.....

Pete.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
have you seen Glass' contact vid? He does some hyperloops in that.

If you get in touch with he, Pk, Tempest or Mineiro I'm sure one of them can explain (possibly with the aid of moving picatures) far better than I.

Meh

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Does anyone fancy chucking themself off a 165ft crane attached to a zip wire tomorrow? (Saturday)

Should be fun, it's at Rother Valley and it's for Weston Park Cancer Appeal. It costs 20 quid and the organisers assured me it will be really scary so thats good.

I'm going to be getting the 12.30 (ish) bus from the bus station, let me know by e-mail or PM if you wanna come.

love Laura

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
if you goto poi moves and check on the video thread by me and mineiro, we have just uploaded new videos, check out how to.avi rob doews an airwrap or several including hyperloops

basic description of an air wrap is :take a weave but instead of keeping the poi in plains, you break the plains and bring the poi faceing each other at a 45 degree andgle, you poi will wrap up (dont move your hands or poi at this stage) the poi will un wrap on their own accord, if you move them you will end up with tangled strings. this move is one of those basic ****ups that will turn into some thing.

any other moves like aair wraps are currently being ducussed in poi moves feel free to join in!.

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
What's all this about breaking the planes? you can airwrap with the strings almost parallel. Only airwrap/hyperloop that you have to take the poi out of the planes is corkscrew hyperloop bottom to top, and thats only cos they meet at a funny angle anyway and you have to kind of flick them up over your hands...

But anyway... Who's coming to zogg?

--Ben

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
thats sort of true ben - when you get good, the break in planes is harder to notice but its still there.
and its a load easier to teach and explain if you make the angle between strings more obvious.

by their very nature, airwraps and hyperloops *have* to break planes, otherwise, how would you control where the strings cross?
if there was not a slight plane break then the poi heads would hit either your hands or the string of the other poi as you made the tangle.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Fair enough... I found if the angle the poi meet at isn't more or less parallel then i got stuck in that knot where one beat happens on the wrong side and they kind of spin madly around each other for a bit and then dangle uselessly while you try and sort out what happened...
Butterfly ones on the other hand i can't even work out how to get the strings to touch, let alone wrap...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
*bump*
drifting off to page 2 there... you guys dead?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i think so.

maybe they finally nuked sheffield after all these years.

you were lucky to get out my friend....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
I think bluecat's been killing everyone off with his poisoned cake

Mr Peteymember
43 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the airwrap info guys. I'll read it again tomorrow I think when I might be awake enough to digest it

Need sleep........

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yer tell me noona.

like i go away and theres billions of posts going on and as soon as i get connected every thing stops.

is the taliban in sheffield blowing shit up or sumfin?

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
just thought i would post before we drifted off again onto page 2!

is anybody out there?????

reminder....next poi in the park 31st May - headcharge weekend 5pm onwards encliffe, not sure if i will be there myself because of exams but hopefully will be.

and if anyone not going to glastonbury is up for the all day / night festival in dinnington please let me know!!!

for the dance tent organized by Teckno Bug includes ...
Mobile Dogwash
Dill Zogg
John Tuxman
Fil Bray
Leon Walker...(may have seen him at pip)
Wowie Zowie
John Wainwright........
and more...
there will also be spoken words from...
The Buddist Punk and other acts bought to us by the 4wd collective.

lots of other things going on and oh yeah...any of us that want to spin and get in for free!

hope to be hearing from peeps soon!

rachel x

Mr Peteymember
43 posts

Posted:
*wriggles toes* still here, Dizzy!

Made glowstick Poi and went to Wendyhouse in Leeds on saterday. Got kicked off the stage by a rude doorwoman - fair enough, but no need to be so rude about it!

So went and span in the back of the Mutate cyber/dance room with a couple of other poi refugees . Nice enough, but the celling was a little low for my liking. For future reference a v.good night if you like the goth/cyber scene, but not terribly Poi friendly I'm afraid.

On the plus side I was able to test my leg out and my year+ dancing ban is now going into probation! WooT! Sooooooooo looking forward to dancing like an arse again - Headcharge COME OOOOON!!!!!

Found a couple of spinners who had not heard of HoP so naturally had to piont them this way

So, err yes. PIP a must. Will be there.

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
phew...glad someone is still there i was getting a bit worried that everyone had been gobbled up by an unknown species...
must be a great relief that your dancing ban has been lifted...looking forward to seeing you dance around like a loon!

by the way folks it looks like pk's website is up and running again www.poiinthepark.co.uk
and for more info on dinnington see www.teknobug.co.uk /dinningtonfestival (i think) if not theres a link on there and im sure you'll find it plus the flyers will be out very soon.

hugs to all ........ x

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
went back online last night thank god, i was getting sick of mailing my host to get my ftp back online considering it had been paid for for a month now.
only have a basic sit up and running so far, and its in flash with a few html links for the downloads, just so it gives people the option to save targets rather than download big ass files every time via a stream, plus streaming eats bandwidth and the linked ones so far are not on my server, i will get round to uploading them to mine very shortly if any one is interested in downloading them.
as it says on the site, i have lost all the old pages... this isnt technically true, for some of you older poiinthepark refugees, you may remember an old html site with orange borders, looks very dismal and out dated but it has all the text for the lessons pages, i am currently thinking about rerendering those files on a new design, but only when i get time.
i am currently working on the tepooka site right now and is pretty much finished, has loads of littler techy bits to it and loads of content about them you can view a preview page here having real dificulties writing the java for the gallery pages right now and i kinda dont want to do a java based gallery, for now i have simply designed them with thumbnailed images, but the larger images on pop-up are kinda small and might have to be redone i'm going nuts, plus i cant finish it, though i want to because i havnt been given all the apropriate text elements, so i have been sat on my arse twiddling thumbs for 2 days doing nothing but code java .
so for now, atleast we have a site based upon movies for poiinthepark, but not poiinthepark as it used to be, i am hoping to get it all sorted soon, damn even gotta make this dam Col4 video yet and only a week to go arghhh!
its all getting too much.
be kewl guys... look after my monster.

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
PK bizzybeeee weeeeee! nice work, looks splendid.

Is anyone going to the NySushi Big Bang 9 at the Ski Village on Sunday? There could be the possibility of a spare space for a fire twirler (which would get you a ticket (which are otherwise £25 or £30 quid ) so if anyone is interested please e-mail me asap.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
spikey rich just left here this morning on a mission to get back to spin at the big bang.

new site underway. just for you guys.

stitchmember
3 posts

Posted:
hey,
just out of interest is there anyone round the Birmingham midlands area out there???
- i know its the black hole of this damn island...
am relatively new to poi scene, and kinda want to find more people to get some more moves........

stitch.x

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
theres loads of spinners in and around brum, if you goto Community button and select meet others and run a search on Birmingham, you will find an extensive list, not many regular posters here unfortunatly but a good few registered users, Kyrobi is a good one to get in touch with, tell him PK sent ya.

Page: ......