Page: ...
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
I dont think theres anything left to say PK.. you said it all !!!One from me though.. a HUGE thankyou to all that travelled the distance and braved the cold. At least it didnt rain !!Newborn.. thanks so much for the excellent tunes.. great spinny stuff that.. (and I dont think Im even gonna attempt spinning beaming poi's that quickly.. GOD that was fast!!)PK my man... couldnt agree with you more on the circle of fire bit.. I was up until about 4 in the morning having one of the best sessions of my life.. spinning, meditating and dancing.. fuelled by images of us all with fire; all at once in the park.Roll on PIP3... cant wait..!!ps: Yeah PK... where *do* you get all those crazy smiley things... 'Ms' Kato wants to know.. wink------------------Kato[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 21 January 2002).]

Kato

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
WOW That was awesome Thanks! I havent put my poi down since.So meny new moves so little time smileIm still buzzing! what a vibe the fire sircle was unreal such a mass of wonderfull energy you cant hellp but be inspired!I can't wate to meet up with you all agen it was well worth the trip!Take care Dizz xx

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey phl nice to see you joined us on the homeofpoi grin i be that international smuggler you talk to in yahoo. i can hook you up with equipment when you get here there is a shop in sheffield thats sells fire and non fire props.kato go here for all the smiles u will ever need http//mysmilieys.com wow i am overwellmed with the responce from you all, i am so glad that things went to plan and the weather wasnt that bad!I do have an idea about the next venueits called the PONDEROSA its at the back of the arts tower at sheffield uni, still kinda cantral, very sheltered as its in a drop down from the road, there is a death slide and a big boulder to climb too..could be fun its easy to find its a few hundred yards up crooksmoor road on the right just before the church on the right hand side, on the left hand side of the road is another park with a lake that you can see from the road side maybe we can all go on for a beer afterwards, would a sunday be good or best left for a saturday? i should have a good turn out from the juggleing club too i will be getting peoples email address's this week so i will expect some more ppl not just spinning poi, we will certainly get zenned out for sure..i am curently working on a website called poi in the park with photo galleries and movies and lots of info so keep your eye out for a post with the link very soon. just gotta nab my gurls creditcard to get it registered, fingers crossed!..well let me know what you all thinkPK
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
now make my monkey dance....if you look closely he is spinning poi or am i just halucenating?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah, the Ponderosa is even better. I used to live near there. Strange spirits flit in and out of the trees there. I have photos to prove it.Excellent venue.I think sticking with saturdays is good. More practical for me at least (and it means I can go to Probe in the evening).------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Ponderosa sounds cool. PK, will you guide the masses to this location cuz its a little off the beaten track isnt it.. compared to Devonshire Green anyway..??Oooohh.. I think Im getting 'warm fuzzies' just thinking about it..!!ps: Cant wait to see these spirits of yours Cantus.. Perhaps some deep Zenny spinning will arouse some curiosity from the underworld..? wink------------------Kato

Kato

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
sorry didnt make it people.... at work for a straight 28 hours from 8-30 sat morning...i am defo going to be there this month though... unless the fu*#ing production line stops again!sorry newborn for the lack of lift and short notice (yep, about 7pm on Sunday by the time I told you...) will be a bit more organised next timeb smile

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
23rd of Feb!I will be there and look forward to fill in the gaps with more faces and names.Woohoo!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
did i hear that kato ran out of socks to make new poi with and has now ventured a new product, thong poi? or is that just a roumour flying around?PK
Non-Https Image Link

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Actually pal... you heared wrong. I find a tennis ball fits into a 32A bra perfectly..!!
Non-Https Image Link
You can get TWO balls swinging around at any one time... clever, eh..??ps: the padded ones are best.. dont hurt so much when they smack you. 44DD's... hmmm.. I guess you could use great big........sorry wink Straying off the topic.. naughty me grin------------------Kato

Kato

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
since when did you start compairing sizes of bra cups? or is that Ms Kato coming out!I'm gonna have to stop this now...good job u know i is kiddin around like
Non-Https Image Link
any way too many serious threads happening latly..so i'm just having some fun..hope headcharge is a good one tonight for you kato, i will see you soon.PK
Non-Https Image Link

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well i got it uploaded grinhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield/PK

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
Where do u get all these funky lil charater smily things @ the end of yer post?????------------------www.fire4hire.co.uk - in constructionwww.ampcast.com/djmdma

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
[He sells his body to pay for them.. hee hee hee hee hee grin grin grin ]Oops, there I go AGAIN.. straying off like that.. Oh, I dont know. SOMEBODY STOP ME !! grin

Kato

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I reckon he stole them all off Cantus - thats why he ran away! grinTEMPEST

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Cantus who?

Meh

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
You know, that one with the funny looking.. hey dude, you still wanna swap some moves?Glad to see you haven't run off.TEMPEST

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I didn't really go far. I was always around only people kept looking in the wrong places. You could've found me if you wanted to.

Meh

Katiomember
5 posts

Posted:
oooo.. so is it all happening this saturday? yay! dont know where the pondarosa is n most my mates going ouyt fri nite so i dont know how big a crowd i can bring this time, but i'll c what i can do!! yay! cant wait! Cya guys there! Kate x x x

Kate xxx

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Wooohoooooo! grinReally looking forward to spinning with you all. I believe Mr Kato, that I have a small item you will be very interested in, but you'll just have to wait and see. grinC you s grin grinn!TEMPEST

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
So you're coming to play too then Liam? Excellent. Long time no spin.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Still on then is it? Only I can't help noticing the weather is somewhat less than desirable.Maybe that's just in Cheshire though. ------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well guys fer the few that managed to beat the weather and make it , cheers.. Kato, cantus, orange, dave , zoe, panman... me! lol(****** weather)see you next month PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
What about me man? I got there in the end!What about that night at Zogg - anyone fancy it?Cheers to Kato for letting us pile into your pad. Not even any breakages! grinGood time had by all even though it was below freezing. Fantastic to see so many like minded spinners and poi styleeees butI have made it my mission to get the sheffield poi massive doing STAFF! grin Where are you Jo? I hope you're practicing dude - call me if you wanna spin.Thanks everybody, I'll be there for the next one and much brighter than before.Liam Tempest

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
and you tempest, even though you turned up after we had got home! hahawas a fun day...PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be at Zogg. I think there should be quite a few of my friends there. It's also Headcharge vs Cypher next month (around the 8th I think).Sterling Moss headlining - 3 deck wizardry not aging race car driver - Should be a blinding night and only £7 entry. Check Headcharge website for details.------------------C@ntusI'm on to your game evil alien overlords.....[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 25 February 2002).]

Meh

global dancamember
7 posts

Posted:
vain-ego pk< Ihavnt stopped by in a good while. on march 23, im going to be in Miami swingig poi at the wintermusicconference. woohooo. I had thought about coming out for red n black on the 30th but I think Miami is going to break me. I will probably not be in england til June 22 for the SUMMER SOUND SYSTEM. Have a great day. Il check back more often on you peeps.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
kewl mate, i hope to be at the sumer sound system my self, ,ight ask the boss if he can rope off me an area so i can take some fire poi with me?.. dont know yet though! its a way off from now.

global dancamember
7 posts

Posted:
Definately, going to SSS. We will be spinning somewhere that is dark. So follow the green, blue, red and orange high tensity glow stix. loll See ya there!!!stevo

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Is there a date set for the next poi in the park?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yup!fuck it!saturday 23/3/02Endcliffe Park,Ecclesall Road,Hunters Bar,Sheffield,Maps and directions will be availiable on the website by the weekend folks,Just need time to sit and do them and get the mail out done too...Tempest hope you are coming down again this month mate, will be good to get a decent spin with you and dawny grin and see the new shit!!PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffieldhappy spinning folks and dont forget my bday pressies hehe

Page: ...