Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm with the boys on this on, go one Mark live life on the edge!!

[ 23. January 2003, 22:53: Message edited by: BamBam ]

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
yeah - come on Mark I got to go home after PIP and I'll be leaving just before you get there if you come up after work.

PK - that sounds much more like a spiral than a fraggle. I don't think spiral'd fit in a fraggle-burrow! lol......

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
**NEWS FLASH** There have been reports of a very strange virus like illness that will only effects guys called MarkP - this strange virus presents absolutly no symptoms.. but makes all guys called MarkP unable to go to work on saturday the 1st of Febuary. Strange forces then work on the poor unfortunate virus victim that transports them to Sheffield to stand in a park full of Fraggles, Fairies, Pixies, Pink Ladies and other assorted folk with chains'o'flames having a really 'spiffing' time..

Go on Mark - be good to see you again..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Hello all,

Stix m8 am soz ive not been in touch am going to be unable to venture north with ya, am going to be flying big ass kites in the west country, cheerz for the offer of a lift though, i would have fitted you criteria perfectly, am top at reading maps, rolling and lurve listening to fine tunes, nuver time soon it will av to be.

Tiz a shame as i would have liked to see everyone as it looks like a big gathering going on.

Cantus you do not have to thank me as knowing that the toy is in use is thanks enough (and that its stayed together ok

Hope you all have a wicked time anyhows!

Bestest

Strugz.

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Tiz a shame indeedy bruv .. I've missed you! Get your ass up on thursdays again!
Or I'll get my ass to S'hampt.. either way SPOONS!

Big ass kites?? oo oo - can I come one day???

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,

I am going to have to have a good think about this one, really dont like pulling sickies - last one was in my last job for Steart Common free party, which was definately the biggest free party in the uk last year.

Leaves me with a dilema though, I do have some holiday that I can try and take but that leaves me with no option of sickie if they refuse.

Going to make my best effort to make it up though.

Mark P

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
come to think of it?

are you 6'5ish,
erm - yes
little hippy looking furr on top?
yes
live next to the frog?
over the road from it
wave a big stick around like a troll?
yes
take money of small children who want to cross the stepping stones?
only when I'm not eating billy goats
yells randomly at normal people?
yes
have minimal interest in full time education or employment?
sort of
like to take copious amounts of illegal substances?
its been said
throws good parties?
Hope so
Lives with a bunch of nutters?
errm yes

Do I get the job?

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
on my way to sunny sheffield amigos, with lovely noo glowey staff in tow

brain replacement...anyone?

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
hmmm, I'm going to escape sheffield for a while, to prepare for the storm that is coming

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Oh and mark P, what if we phone up your work and say we've kidnapped you at burning staff point?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
:rolls in the room laughing my ass off:

spiral it sounds like you have made all criteria's of said job specification, management descretion is final and after a board meeting lastnight we would love to offer you a position within as no other applications were recieved before the due date.

please reply to poiinthepark on 1st feb 2003 with a double chocolate cheescake for me and tempest to scoff.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
I'll be there - as long as its cool with Drome Pixie's flat mate...

YAY! woo woo more fraggles, almost a family reunion

woo woo spinning fun fun fun...

I have heard a nasty twirling bug is going around, and apparently it will hit alot of people who are at work on the 1st January, only hits you for one day, you can go back to work on Monday

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I see you didn't get a calendar this year Kate

Meh

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
So is everyone meeting at the benches near the hunters bar roundabout? like we did at Pip 1? And probably many after that... which I unfortunatley did not attend..

So I'm going to bring some crisps aswell 'cos cake by its self with no savoury appitizers is just not good... You need something to make the cake even more appealing don't you? Or is me being wierd? (I'm bringing fairy cakes!!!)

Thistle are you still coming? And Nat?

"D"

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
Gatcrasher. Schmatecrasher, that place cost me a fortune for one night not so long ago and it was poo. Should be done under trades descriptions. Ooooh look at the "crasher kids" arent they cool? Yeh so cool their personality has frozen. The music was monotonous. And they get the trophy for the most downright ATROCIOUS bogs ive ever seen. The stuff of nightmares i assure you. About 5 quid for a drink. Absolutely rammed in. Dont see the attraction meself. No offence to the person who mentioned it in the thread just needed to get that off my chest I think. Am I being intolerant again?

"Im just ringing my Psychiatrsist" David Walsh the original mushroom guru.

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
Im crap arent I, I know nothing about computers, That last post would be called a "broken" thread I suppose. If you can be bothered see page 1 of this thread to find out what Im ranting on about. If not, Im sane, honest ny mum told me so. I.S.M.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ohohohohohohohohoho I WANNA COME!!!!!

hey, maybe i can......

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Cheers guys I am going to talk as nicely as possible to my boss tomorrow and hopefully get holiday - yeah

Failing that I could always take the jerrycan of paraffin and threaten to torch the place but I also like the idea of being taken hostage at Burning Staff point

Mark P

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I thought you were coming Nix? Must've just assumed as every other spinner from across the country is, that you were too....

Well you know that assuming makes ...erm something about a donkey.....ummm n stuff.

Anyhoo,

That Mineiro kid seems to be coming. And some Tempests, a Glass, Mr P "I'm not actually a staff spinner (I'm just irritatingly good at it)" K and a Josh as well..... Too many peers

So you should come too methinks.

So i can truly be too intimidated to spin at all.

[ 26. January 2003, 07:39: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
cheer up mr Fraggle. We can sit and watch while the Pro's show us how it's done And there might even be a cuddle in it for you if you behave yourself

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I always behave myself.

Yay I'm getting a cuddle

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
we all know gatecrasher is total utter shite, there is no poi scene there well no scene for any thing other than wankers that look like god knows what.
i've worked for them for over 3 years mate dont worry the company is run by a bunch of wankers, who just so happened to have a nice law suit thrown at them by ME hehe, fuckin ass holes he comes lots of money my way yay!.
i wouldnt recomend crasher as a cub night and they havnt won any awards for 2 years now... just goes to show, erm i wonder if the refurbishment happens at the end of february? its been put of for oh what 11 months now haha tight bastards.
oh well i could slag them and the club and work mates off all day but i wont.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I thought you just have PK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well anyone who's been out in shefield has horror stories of crasher and/or the people that frequent it.

PK just has it worse cos he used to work there.

Meh

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey people!

Just a quickie - is there going to be any music this time? I don't really know how it works but music would be GOOD

My friend can bring records if there's going to be decks, or I could just be in my own imaginary world of lushness again... i dunno. Decks, ummmmmmmm... and drums and didges would be cool too! Oh, and the moon on a stick - is that too much to ask, being a first timer n all?

*spanks and grins*
chalice

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
what do you mean 'seems to be coming'? after a surreal weekend of flying to brighton to stilt for 3 ours and being paid to drink it would seem i am ready for the relaxing(hah!) atmosphere of a multitude of mad people... oh and the ticket is booked... but i will be on the phone to that thomas boy and make sure he is on the way.....
tchau
R

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
but in fairness i must point out i have been negllecting my staffs of late.....sorry

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Origionally posted by c@ntus: Mr P "I'm not actually a staff spinner (I'm just irritatingly good at it)" K [QB]
what are you implementing mr fragle? my staffage has yet to be seen, but your probably going to be suprised at my newfounded skillage of a stick.

quote:
Originally posted by Mineiro:
[QB] but in fairness i must point out i have been negllecting my staffs of late.....sorry

rob neglecting sticks>? as this is not kens fault i am now told to blame steve.

Nix? is coming and has floorspace at the mad house of bramwith road.

is any one going to be playing on sunday too? seems an awful shame not to play on both days if most are gonna crash over saturday night? we allways play on both days if people crash.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah sure flowingchalice bring decks. we'll plug them into a nearby tree!!!

was that too sarcastic? If not this one will be:

Or we can run an extension cable from Spiral and Mind Gap's house.

OK I've finished now. Please try not to slap me to hard when you see me.....

Mineiro - I'm still not convinced that you neglecting staffs will do anything to dampen your ability. I want to see some full on Shibaki style staff lossage before i'll believe you.

PK - I'm not implying anything and I won't be entirely surprised by your staffing - mainly due to the company you've been keeping in recent months.....

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
looks at situation from cantus's point of view
"erm he's knocking around with him n him, fuck i'm off to play with my fraggle ninja's again, i'm gonna put them all to shame".

we have a good old music box, kato said batteries or donations for batteries are very welcomed as he is skint.

Page: ......