Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

UCOF (emergency)member
129 posts

Posted:
hey everyone....hear hear...i had a fantastic time (uh huh! you know what im talking about you special person you!)#

misstix: brownies...one word...WOW! they were flipping amazing! have you tried using raisins instead of nuts? that would just be amazing!

lolli poi: WHERE DID YOU GO HONEY!?? i saw you for literally 30 seconds!! argh! we need to meet up again!

spiral, mindgap: thanks guys..just a pain i left my drum and bass cd (the most prized in my possession) at your house! (im getting them sent down so dont worry!)

Thistle: you a such a COOL, fantastic, amazing, loving, caring, down to earth person, i feel honoured to know you!

Snoopoi: thank you.....nuff said.

Bovril monkey: cheers for putting up with me on the train...i know i can be a complete prick sometimes...but its not my fault..you will find out why some day.

smallboy: how curious...like a cat..it was to see you up...i fort you wernt coming up! oh..it was cool too!

Orange: thanks for letting me finally crash at your gaffatory! even tho i dont think i saw you at any point in the evening.

um....everyone else who i spoke to: Cheers goes out to all the guys, people, fairies, driuds, giraffes, cabbages, bottles of water and eathworms
for making it such a great night!

um....everyone else who i didnt speak to: WHY DIDNT I SPEAK TO YOU??????? argh! ..oh...i was under a blanket...good point..

now some other things to say:
I am currently missing:
1 black guinness fleece...veryt fleecy and missing it a heck of a lot as it is cold here

1 bunsen type lighter. silver with a weed leaf on the side of it...missing it as it was a special present from someone who was very special in my life...i would like it back please...no questions asked...no names...just the lighter PLEASE!!!

my address is (no i dont worry about nutters turning up...we should get along perfectly)

jonathan kneller,
240 headstone lane,
north harrow,
middlesex,
HA2 6LY

and the last thing i promise: i somehow managed to deelete all the amazing photos i took with the digital camera for the 2nd time in the day! if anyone has any photos please please please..lets see them!

*jon goes off muttering something about stupid camera makers putting 'delete all' before 'delete one' on the camera options menu*

[ 04. February 2003, 23:52: Message edited by: UCOF (emergency) ]

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
...and quite luckily managed to delete the photos of that handsome C@ntus fellow retreiving an errant poi from a tree for a damsel in distress....

so that's all good

[ 05. February 2003, 12:49: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
well well....what a wicked weekend! was great to meet some of you, the chocolate brownies were delightful mistix thank you. the party & hospitality at junction road was as always wonderful!

the spinning in the park looked absolutely fantastic! i am only sorry that i was too wrecked to meet and remember most of you...i will remember to be a bit more sober next time.

it was great to see you again cantas after such along time and to meet little fluffy napkin fairy although it was very brief, are you coming to zogg on the 14th?

pk were going to miss you in sheffield hope your going to come back for future pips!!! surely it has to keep running

anyhow its about time i slept in my own bed since i've been taking full advantage of the junction road guest house, thanks guys

right'o time for sleep see you all again!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
whilst i remember ... a phone and a bracelet were found after the party pm me spiral or mind gap if you have lost

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
...just wanted to be the 1000 post

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
whoops........just checked 910 ....brain not working ..... serious dizzybird moment ... ok i'll sleep now good night xxxxxxxxx

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
stil not recovered yet dizzy?
UCOF - have found your lighter -will send it down, and the phone has been returned to its owner

Well - it was good having you all, And I think we might make this party after pip a regular thing (housemates consent pending).

well roll on the next one

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, thanks for puttin' on yer magical 1st birfday fire bonanza type effort. Luvvly to meet some of you, catch up with others and generally create bad impressions with everyone else.

If I'd had any sleep I might have been able to string a sentence or two together, but hey at least I know what most of you look like now.....and you know what I look like in return so you can point at me and laugh etc etc.....

Will come up again soon, but probably when there is less people I already know and more warm weather.

My kidnappers have let me go, and my brain is now semi-functional

Love, light, hugz, Jam and green

Cam -

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Why didn't I meet you Smallboy? We must have been in the same place at the same time!! Serves me right for being so flakey! Tee hee hee..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
Hello everybody!! I had a really great time last weekend!!

I would like to thank everybody I spoke to for making my time in Sheffield so cool!

I would like to say sorry to all those I didn't talk to(I too was stuck under the blanket! )

A special thanx to:
Orange for letting me stay at your house,
UCOF for being my best friend at Sheffield,
Nancy for the make-up,
Spiral for the cool party,
Thistle for gettin me to Sheffield,
Glass for the poi moves,
Fairy Kath for lending me your clothes
And last but by no means least Noona for being so bouncey!!

I poi and it's people!!

SNOOPoi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ 06. February 2003, 09:48: Message edited by: SNOOPoi ]

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Noona? Me no see Noonaboona

Or at headcharge. Who's a sad fairy now? *sniff*

All the way Northwards I journeyed for no red haired lunatic hugging - tis a tradgedy.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

2,737 posts

Posted:
Stix - rumour is you were the blond girl with the glasses but I was a mess, hadn't had any sleep and after the 1st few people I met, I realised that my conversational abilities had hit an all time low and that thoughts of sleep were outweighing the small leprechaun telling me to burn things........and that means TIRED......

Errrm, I would have been the one in the blue/grey t-shirt that was constantly burning hisself through his inability to do any contact staff or use his ropes properly.

Apologies to Mr Mind gap and PK for the dribbly ramblings that made up my pathetic attempt at conversations with you both, and to Mr Spiral who I said nothing to, even though I was sprawled out taking up space in your front room.
And to Lolli who i couldn't find to say goodbye to.

Cheers to Nix? for the contact moves, catch you in 3 months when I'm not so pants at it
I'll be back sooooooon - xxxxx

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
(I'm a red head hunny...)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
so who is going to run poiinthepark in my absence????? spiral? u still up for it?
any one else????

yeah i hope i make it back for some, but as of night before last i was erm te POOKa'd for good.

been shite loads going on up north, 30+ spinners still in the meadows at 11pm when we finally got there, edinburgh uni juggling club is crazy with not many spinners but thats good.. i dont have to teach many hehe. i learnt to juggle last night ... seemed a little easy after i have seen all those patterns for so long now, it all seemed natural.
gonna goto capoera [sp?] lessons tonight with dion, i cant wait.

right i need to check out now and will post again at the weekend once i have spent some time with nat.
take care guys, glad you all enjoyed PIP, it was manic and we have a video finished and near ready to upload but its going to be a very big file. [broardband suggestion fits here].

see you all soon

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Did someone mention Valentines' Zog?

sounds good to me...

Any Valentines volunteers?

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Spoonerismmember
31 posts

Posted:
PK want some work ??? Much better pay than youve mentioned before, crap clubs probably but your no stranger to that im sure ??? Let me know, we must, must talk.

I.S.M.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Will Te Pooka let you do freelance work then PK?

Meh

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
ok. before i say anything else i reckon i'd better do like everyone else and appologize to everyone present on saturday for being too spannered to talk to anyone.

that's assuming i didn't sit down and have a long conversation with anyone and then forget all about it . if so, sorry about that too .

hope everyone had fun up here in sunny sheffield. you'll be glad to know that you've all got to come back up for planet zogg on the 14th. and we know what you look like now so there's no getting away with not showing up

anyway. before i pass out for the night, ucof we've got your guinness top and i'm sure i've seen that gas lighter with the weed leaf on it. i'll keep an eye out.

thanks to everyone who came to the party and made it go so well and thanks to everyone that played and brought records

i'm of for a bedtime spliff - anyone coming?

wherever you go, there you are.

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
Depends on ridiculousness quotient......

SPOOOOORRREEEEES!

brain replacement...anyone?

UCOF (emergency)member
129 posts

Posted:
cheers guys!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Valentines day.......... hmm, Am I allowed to bah humbug valentines day?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Spiral hunny - we can bah humbug it together!..

You men type things really confuse me..

2,737 posts

Posted:
We're not alone in this whole non-understanding thing then?

Good, the world seems a little clearer now......on the whole maybe not, but it's peachier none-the-less.....

(*Note to self:- no smokes at lunch time*)

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey guys

sorry i left it so long to thank everyone that contributed to my fantastic weekend. Spiral, was good to finally swap words finally after being in the same place on numerous occasions.

I had a great time at Headcharge with all that went, felt real good to let my hair down and go frantic with the doubles. Promise not to take up quite so much space next time.

Pk, Nancy, Rob and Nix, really enjoyed the time spent spinning and eating bacon butties with you guys. The deal is if PK really is tepooked then i get to keep Nancy for good!

Josh, Katinca, Bernie and Daish (if thats how you spell it) hope to spin with you guys again. Glad we got chance to spin together Josh, even if it was in the harsh cold.

Great to see you Cantus along with your super talented lil' miss napalm. You win he prize for being the most technical spinner who picks up moves without even knowing it and then says "i'll be able to do it if i practice'

Drew, the London crew and everybody else I havent mentioned, cheers, see you at the next one

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep looking, keep breathing, your all going to die, the SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are coming those anthrax SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you alone your the only one left breathing.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Aww, did little pk have another nightmare again?

It'll be ok dude, you just gotta stop hanging around with that dodgy rob bloke

3,638 posts

Posted:
hhmmmmmmmmm

Still want yourself a stick-bag?

3,638 posts

Posted:
I'll take that as a no then. Tum te tum...

Page: ......