Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I'm just hoping I can find the good ones, without resorting to guerilla tactics to liberate aunties secret supply........ who me I'm innocent I tell you.
could you help me out on that dizzy bird?

[ 31. January 2003, 13:05: Message edited by: Spiral ]

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Right I'm going to sign off any moment now (technophobe parents don't understand about 20 minutes online costs 20p) Next stop: Sheffield! see you tommorow sheffield peeps, and the rest of you on saturday!!

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
spiral - before you go raiding the ever dwindling supply, dreaded paul's probably got some

wherever you go, there you are.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
and if the weather's not too bad i'll see if i can half-inch caroline's barbecue and take it to the park.

but don't hold your breath - i didn't get to be this lazy without a great deal of practice

wherever you go, there you are.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
does that mean we have to bring burgers and buns n shit auntie?

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
i'll try spiral but im not sure how effective i'll be ........ batters eyelids whilst looking angelic in vague hope at auntie

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
any one looking out side?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
isnt it a lovly day, i am going to play i think today.
hope its like this tommorrow :fingers crossed all:

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I hope the trains will run ok tommorow. The news is saying a lot of train lines aren't running properly... But other than that the weather is lovely! it's so nice to wake up to a white world!

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! back in sheffield, and I don't see what all of you's are being such wimps about the weather - where I've just come from there's over a foot of snow!!!! Still - I managed to make it back by train today - but from what I understand the trains round London are shyte. Nightmare train journey from nottingham to sheffield though - I was stood up all the way, and didn't even have enough room to turn around or take my bags off!
its so nice to go travelling, to paris london or rome, but its so much nicer, yes its so much nicer to be home!
sorry I know my singing is bad - see you all later

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
did you have enough room to stand up straight?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hehe - getting very excited! )

How do you guys go with your numb hands when you get really cold???

Josh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
eat your porridge in the morning, when ur hands get cold, insert in to pants, thats the warmest part of your body and a good heat store. call me dirty but at least i will have warm hands.

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
See you all in three hours, I'm bringing cake and I'm looking like a faery!

"D"

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
hope its as sunny for you up north as it is in london today- looks so beautiful out *sigh*

have plenty of spinny chatty fun

-and maybe you sheffielders might have my pressence to contend with in a couple of weeks time- sshhhhh

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
see you all again tommorrow guys pip day 3 weekender... friday, sat, and sunday? sheit!!.. gonna be fucked for monday.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
What a blinder of a weekend! It was really nice to meet most of you at last! Sorry I was a bit flakey - crashing your car can do that to you.. oh well I'm alive if a bit sore and whiplashed.. Spiral - Mind Gap - t'was an honour to meet you at last - many thanks for your hospitaly. i had a good old giggle at yours after - hope you liked the drum and bass - I know it had me boogiein'..

I'm deffinatly coming up to Sheffield agian (but by train this time) so hope to see you all again..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
That was a fantastic, if knackering weekend

Spiral and The Mind Gap - cheers for the roof over our heads when it finally got too cold to spin. As far as I know, I didn't manage to say hi to either of you, which was a shame.

There were loads of people I didn't get to speak to, either not realising who they were or I was being dragged off somewhere else. Oh well, another time.

The brownies were really nice btw MisStix, we need a yum smiley

I did my now customary expresion for ages when I was watching people spin, I really need to practise more.

I'd be tempted to make the trip up to Sheffield again, maybe when it's a bit warmer though

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
thanks all.
well for me its time out in edinburgh for a whole week. hope every one had as good a time as me and nancy, it was fantastic to have those who stayed with us here, its allways a pleasure and your allways welcome back.

sorry i dont have time to post more but nix and mineiro are gonna be kicking my ass if i aint up by 6am.

any way should be back with a compilation flick to upload with footage of poiinthepark. but i am gonna take time out and sort my head and my future out.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
hey all - glad you enjoyed the weekend, and sorry I didn't get to talk to or meet half the people I wanted to - had 3 cans of beer on saturday night -got violently sick for some reason, then passed out, so in other words - i missed the party! DOH!
but those of you I did meet, 'twas a pleasure, and those I didn't - well it just gives us an excuse for next time

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Hey!
Me and Justine had a wicked time, I'm sorry that we flaked out so early. Just the travelling and such was quite exhausting, then the thought of having to get up early the next day to travel home kinda made us worse. Thank you to Spiral and Mind Gap for letting us use your place as a place to crash! And from what we were hearing whilst trying to sleep it sounded like a wicked party!

Hope everyone liked the Mikado's and other random sweets we were offering around to anyone we could see.

It was really nice seeing everyone and stuff. We hope to make it up to Sheffield again in the not to distant future.

Alice

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh my word what a weekend. It was a non-stop rollercoaster of pleasure from start to finish. I met sooo many of you HOP'ers that I've forgotten which face went with which name

Great to meet so many friends and family

Pk: Thanks for making this PIP happen
Everyone else: Can't wait till the next one.

BamBam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hi everyone! Hope you all liked the faery cakes! With stars and Icing! And my pretend dreds yeah... mmm.. and I did find my mobile phone. 'Twas good to meet so many new faces, its just a shame my flakey mate was being anti-social and wanted to go home... I may have been there till the early hours!

Ps It was soooooo good to see you again PK, Nat and Thistle and James and Ben and..........

Davena "D" Fire_Vampyre_D

Miss Dnewbie
1 post

Posted:
So Is the Next Poi in the Park in Sheffield going to be on

Saturday 1st March 2003 @ 3-4pm Onwards????

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Those Faery cakes were lovely! Actually they were adorable!
Thank you for letting Justine and me eat some!

Oh and MisStiX those brownies were lovely too!

Alice

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Yo peeps,

hadda lovely lovely time, spiral, mind gap, I never metya, good, an excuse to return.

josh, jo, aiden, liam, drew, rob, you all fucking rock. Nat is an angel and it was good to meet the london boys again.

special mention to the dromepixie for teaching me stuff at 3am.

Kato, youll do yerself an injury.

awww, too loved up, inpressed and wistfull for words, nice one peeps.

N?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
oh yea, and nix? even if you change your login name to +)
you is still smell of wee wee. (or is that whole insult-o-matic thing over now???)

And you're heading for a fucking big hugging when I see ya in 2 weeks for the peace march

hope you'll having fun in edinburgh for the PIP after party.

it was great weekend
Drew

[ 04. February 2003, 11:02: Message edited by: glass ]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I thought it was bloody inspirational, and not just the poi/contact/doubles/etc skills either. It was really gratifying to meet soo many nice people - and all thanks to PK for organising it, and for Malcolm for giving us a forum in which to make contact.

Special thanks to PK and Nancy for letting me and the rest of our lot stay over - that heated floor was great

See some of you at the Peace march, and the rest of you, I'll see at the British?

Josh

PS. Glass - whens the next London PIP?

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I think that that hint should be exaserbated seeing as SO SO SO many people are going to be in London that weekend...

Anyhows Mr.? you are very welcome indeed, anytime...

It was nice to see as many of you as I could. I am sorry I did not have all the lables sorted out. A little fairy (coughroscough) said that twoud be a better idea to do it there. So I did.

Much lovin and huggin,
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Page: ......