Page: ...
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! grin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Any idea of a date for the April one? Only I have a friend that wants to come and she needs to know so she can book time off work.....

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ey'up cantus..yeah just counted the days to chrimbo.. ermm pip5. It sounds to me like the callendar pointed at saturday 20/4/02 for some reason..so yeah thats the date for april's meet! as where i dont know cos i cant be arsed to figure that out, but some where in sheffield rather than "london".lol PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well as the next one is mere days away (23/03/02) and as PK has disapeared, it falls upon me to bump this thread.I shall take this oportunity to mention that the previous evening (22nd) is Planet Zogg vs Riff Raff @ the Arches - Check the Dionysus website for further details.

Meh

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
hope to see you lot for a bit before my london bound bus takes me adventure bound-save me a place in the sun...do you hear me Ra?orange energy swirlsooh and lets talk about transport down to the british huggling conventionn - 1 week smile------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
hope to see you lot for a bit before my london bound bus takes me adventure bound-save me a place in the sun...do you hear me Ra?orange energy swirlsooh and lets talk about transport down to the british huggling conventionn - 1 week smile------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

global dancamember
7 posts

Posted:
just wanted to pop in and say ello. Im off to miami to spin at Ultra which is the kick off of the WinterMusicConference. Cant wait looking forward to meeting some new people and spinning to some bangin beats. Its just good therapy!!!!!!!!

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Hey Global,If you were spinning at Ultra then I'm sure we met, I was wearing a white visor and I have blonde spiked hair, perhaps if you have a description of who you are we could talk about some of the great times we had.PLURDOC------------------Let us Light up the Night

Let us Light up the Night

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Fuck me guys!! not literally but you know what i mean.Damn just been arsed to put my poi down for once since saturday afternoon. What a weekend it turned out to be, not only was saturday nice weather and a turn out of over 45 spinners/ jugglers alike. But Mr Tempest staying over at my house and staying up till some stupid hour trying to bust out some new shit! then getting up 8 hours later to have Mr Kato and "jo derry" round for another monster session in the yard. I did promise Jo that there will be no video footage of him doing some club swinging just cos he thought it was crap... lol oh well. There will be footage up on the poi in the park website by the end of the week as I havn't started editing yet. Erm anyone know who was taking Pics? I would be interested to see what they took as there was so much aerotech stuff spinning every where! and just cos I couldnt be arsed to take my camera aswell.. just thinking of getting that "unicycle" home... lol looks at my shins" oweee... I need my mom!!! any way...after yet another session well rather short out door teapots meeting up at weston park, I find myself rather smoked out and tired and rambleing now.. so i'm gonna shoot fer a cat nap! "cats make good pillows" Orange manĀ¬! one love aint seen ya fer a while.. dont think I will be making the conv this week but LONDON look out me n tempest are hitting you guys next tuesday I think! but......laters guys.. cheers fer one mad weekend!!PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffieldOh and the movies on there you need windows media player 7 availiable from www.microsoft.com
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
There was a guy called Mark taking photos. I know some of his friends. I'll see if i can find out some contact details for you.

Meh

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Cheers guys, I really enjoyed the weekend.I always come back fromgroup meets really inspired by all the different styles. Felt really smug watching some glo videos on my train journey home.Jo you snake meister, i'm in Brighouse on Sat- Sun. I wanna work on some staff stuff if you got time, plus it's my Bro's birthday so we are getting the fire out anyhoo. grinHey PK, mucho hospitality, even crunchy nut cornflakes ! grin Expect a phone call. Oh yeah, really really really sorry about the lightbulb(s), cough, erm...Hope your fingers are holding up Mr Kato, I would love to get some footage of your poi some time.Thanks to everyone else that showed me moves and let me abuse their toys and parrafin - I'm there for the next one and I should have some juggling clubs for those that can.Cracking juggling Dave, almost made me wanna learn, almost. grinByeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.Liam Tempest

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey Cantus,Yet again we were in the same place for a few hours and we still didn't spin really. Are you up for anything towards the weekend? Did you get that drink from your admirer?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
not a problem matey!just got some more footage up on the website for all to view, some nice stuff of Kato..Cantus did you even spin?Dave's juggling was also filmed.. way nice lil hand spinny thingThose notts chicks man!! ermmm... need i say more.. i think kato would agree with me there.. i think we are a right pair of dirty muckers! or are we typical english blokes, i dont know!Tempest man i got some nice aerotech footage too that i will upload asap to the site..I will give ya a call over the weekend about london on tuesday, i cant wait to go to the viaduct, must take some shite with me to get some form of footage for the site..if i can!peace guys...PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was spinning for ages pk. Usually looking thoroughly bored by the whole thing. Not actually bored. Just hadn't slept after Zogg and had been teaching staff all morning too. So my brain was numb.I taught Liam (spiral) some staff moves and got him thoroughly hooked. Tried to teach the ex some moves but she was having none of it.Did you see her spinning BTW? She has got f*cking amazing with a staff in such a short time.Tempest, yeah I got the drink (and a big bag of v. potent home grown for free) off of her. She's not really a fan though. We just both got dumped at the same time and did a bit og mutual sulking together.....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh and Pk you were kinda mesmerised by them chicks so it's understandable you didn't notice me. You did help me light on e of stafs at one point. but nay mind....

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yeah i saw ya spin a lil.. missed it on the cam though.. mesmerised!! nderstatment hahayeah the Ex was pretty good man.. nice teaching therelooked like you and kato had a long night at zogg.Hey is that chick coming to the april one? the one that needed a date for the meet?should be another good one!fingers crossedin a bitPKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if the girl I mentioned is coming or not. She emailed me out of the blue to ask about PIP. I answered the question and haven't heard from her since. I dont hear from her for ages at a time anyhoo so i'm not panicking.I will, hopefully though, be bringing another young lady though. I asked her last night if she would like to come and she answered in the affirmative grin So fingers crossed...[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 31 March 2002).]

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I had a very long night last friday. I went to Zogg. Then an after party at the Rom. Then PIP. Then Probe. Then a private party at the Arches (where I got threatened by some ill mannered gimp, but Uncle Darren sorted it out for me grin). Then i had to get home, which took me 5 hours.All in all i was awake for 47hrs straight (virtually drug free - 1 pill and a dab of speed on friday. After that it was alcohol and grim determination).

Meh

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Hi sorry I'm late. It was great to get together with you guys for a spin (even though I didn't do much spinning as too busy being sociable). Cantus I really enjoyed watching you spin with the red and green staffs. looks kind of cool the two colours together. Tempest, loved your new toys. Kato cheers for my new poi got em home and killed my lighbulb with them!

The only bad thing about the meet was that some folks needed a little advice on their fire safety. ALWAYS remember to spin or shake off all excess parafin before you light up. Especially when there is a big crowd, as there was at PIP, accidents happen very easily in these situations.

On arrival back to Nottinham I crashed my car and wrote it off. Luckily all were fine. Will hopefully see you all again in april.
Onelove Thistlefirepixie

Are we nearly there yet?

Katiomember
5 posts

Posted:
Me was just sittin, thinkin about how pretty 2day is, and i had a bit of an idea. Seeing as the weather's nice and the days are getting a bit longer it'd b nice to spend some afternoons 'making poi, in the park'. If every1 just brought down sum stuff to make poi with and there was a bit of music and blankets to sit on (you always need blankets to sit on when spending an afternoon in the park)then it could be really nice. Let me know what you think, i'm not all that great at organising so if ne1 else wanted to take over at this point. Please do!
Katio (K8) x x x

Kate xxx

Katiomember
5 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, and does ne1 know if there's ne thing on at the arches 2nite?

Kate xxx

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
dunno whats on tonight at the arches, as i'm being anti-social and working on the poi in the park website.

Blankets in the park, haha
that was me and kato last wednesday.. we took is persian rug to spin on haha... and got a lil tan

Thistle i'm sorry to hear about you car, just glad that you guys are all ok.

4 of The london crew are hopefully coming to this months PIP, wow those guys are as hardcore as me and tempest if they make it. Rock on..

PK
https://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
PIP5! Anything planned Mr. PK? I'm planning travelling over t'Yorkshire either next weekend or the one after, and I really wanna see them poi's.

FireMorphster
:0)~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's on the 20th of April. We already covered that.

maybe you were facing the wrong way at the time or something. Not your fault I'm sure.....

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
firemorphster = marlboro cantus!!
hehe

few londoners traveling up for pip5.
Thistle said she is coming again this month, i think cos she knows where it is now.
Tempest is bringing the aerotech stuff,with other products too like the "passe passe" juggling clubs. The meteors are ready and work realy well, I've allready tested them with Ben from London... man he can spin! Erm fink thats all for now.
Hope more Teapot members turn up this month.
Hey cantus what happened to the archers spinners that came to pip2? can you get werd to them? there was some nice spinners there.

PK
https://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I'll be there with my big Bro, some more poi, meteor, staffs and some juggling clubs if that guy who wanted em mails me?

So can we get a lafge fire circle going before everyone splits up?
See you all soon.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yes I knew it is Marlboro, pk. He's the only Lancastrian I know. Comes from St Annes. Gave me a t-shirt once....

Which Arches people? You mean Chief, Whippet, Ryan etc? You're better off asking Pete or Orange if they can get in touch with them.

I'm trying to think who else was there.

Meh

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hello!

Just in case you haven't noticed, we are arranging a PiP in Clapham Common, London for Saturday, 18th May.

So...if someone hasn't already, I would like to invite all the PiP Sheffield people along. It should be great fun.

Also, if you have any suggestions, or helpful tips on how to run one of these things...please let us know!

Thank you...and hope to see you all there...
X
C

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Marlboro quit qmoking ???

YAY PIP in LONDON YAY

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Nope, still smoking too I gave up for 3 weeks!! but I'm working on it!!!

Cantus - Hope you liked ya t-shirt. I remember handing some out, but I don't remember much about my visits to the Arches.
Non-Https Image Link

Hopefully I'll see you all this weekend.

Non-Https Image Link

[ 17 April 2002, 08:24: Message edited by: FireMorphster ]

Page: ...