Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Hi Lolli, hope things are good with you, haven't seen you since the day with the Bubbaloo bird. You're funny! , hope i see u again soon, big hugzzz

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
So it's Saturday night the 23rd? I might be coming in Saturday if all goes well. That is, if those Scottish blokes haven't tied me to a tree or somefink.

Excited to see you all.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Trait Of One Eleven Two™:
22nd is a friday....

23rd is a saturday the day we happen to be moving to derby!

might see if it is possible for us to get over to sheffield for some fun and frolics in the park.

That'd be great- the return of the founder!

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yo! You m'er f'ckers better get yo skinny white asses out there B4 I bus' a cap in yo ass.

Word to yo moms.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
Yipee!!!........a grand old get together!!!
would me great to see everyone

NEXT PIP sat 23rd then!!!

lets see if spiral will come down too...and mr cantus & miss fluffy naplin fairy!

look forward to it!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh please do try! I rather fancy those two lovelies.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by NYC- Live in London:
So it's Saturday night the 23rd? I might be coming in Saturday if all goes well. That is, if those Scottish blokes haven't tied me to a tree or somefink.

Excited to see you all.

if you were tieds to our tree i bet you wouldnt be complaining mate! but i'm sure kenn might have some thing to say about it. then again shes married to rob so he might have some thing to say about it too.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Yo! You m'er f'ckers better get yo skinny white asses out there B4 I bus' a cap in yo ass.

Word to yo moms.

that sounds like drew to me

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Na... Drew does American Ghetto Slang like a Shakespearian actor reading 50 Cent.

"I say there! You should GO young black american woman, for it is your birthday today. Indeed, GO young black american woman, for it is your birthday. Once again, GO young black american woman, for indeed it is still your birthday. Although our concerns about the accuracy of the day of your birth are unfounded!"

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
lmao

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
quote:

Word to yo moms.

I'm not setting foot outside my front door, I'm scared!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
now you have gone and scared our resident fluffy bouncy one

kamadjiBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
Hi everybody !

We were told by a french spinner (Nomad) that you were meeting in London... but infortunatly, we miss you when you went to Brighton last week, and this weekend seems to be quite deserted because of the EJC...
But luckily we discovered this topic and fortunately you are going to Sheffield the same weekend as us ! (to find a shared house...)

so we (2 french students) want to know if we could come and see you when you'll be in Sheffield's park the 23 of august ?

and do you know where we could stay during the night ? is there something cheaper than a room in the Uni residences ?

thanks a lot and hope to see you later.

Olivier & Thomas

An invisible string is like the invisible man, but with the shape of a string...

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
hey kamadji

come and play!

not sure bout places to crash out but if you want i can bumble around and pm you guys to let you know of places

lolli x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Oi! PK!

less of the fluffy! I'm big and 'ard and I bite

ECCOmember
30 posts

Posted:
We've got a few crash spaces up in Crookes if anyone visiting PIP on the 23rd needs. It's a student house, so don't expect much!

Will be great to see everyone, although none of us really know many of you very well. I'm sure that'll change soon.

Good to hear you're returning north PK.

Matt

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by ECCO:
Good to hear you're returning north PK.

Matt

sorry cant resist..... i'll let you off its north of england atleast!
cant wait to see old faces and new.

478 posts

Posted:
people hi

ok so its all been mentioned that the 23rd could be a pip, but is it ok to officiate it yet?

as long as tis all good, can we all safely say:

next PIP: 23rd August

whenever ppl wish to be there; probably starting round 3ish?? how does that sound, is that all good with ppl?

Endcliffe vale park, by the cafe?

much cake will be coming with. .

. . .oh yeah and NYC will be there too, woohoo, so please come and meet him if u can coz he is just the dude!

sorry bout the indicession guys but i dont know what ppl want to do, if all the above is all good by everyone then wicked but if anyone wants something changed, let me know so we can accomidate round it so everyone can meet up and have fun yay!

if ppl need a place to crash send me a pm and i can sort something out

anything else, like directions, ideas or if you just want to, my number is: 07951 017 807

miss onedizzybird, let me know if its ok for me to do this post as i dont want to take pip roles away from u, also will u be there? would be lovely to see you if so

much love and hugz
lolli x x x

[ 15. August 2003, 03:00: Message edited by: lolli ]

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
all sounds good to me! look forward to seeing everyone for a spinny bounce in the park!
might be a bit late though...but will be there this time!

see you all there........

kamadjiBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
Hi everybody...

we found a place to sleep (student residence in Norfolk park) but is it in this park that you'll be spinning ? where is Endcliffe vale park ?

at what time will it start ? (coz i don't understand this "probably starting round 3ish" )

and finally, what does Pip stand for ? (i think it must be a sort of meeting with a lot of people spinning all around...but i'm not sure )

thanks a lot

ps: we are looking forward to see other spinners as in our town (Horsham, West sussex, don't laugh please ) nobody seems to spin ?

An invisible string is like the invisible man, but with the shape of a string...

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
hi kamadji!

look forward to seeing you at the next pip (poi in the park)
you can find a map on pk's (the founder) website which is https://www.poiinthepark.co.uk/sheffield.html
if you have any problems finding the place you can always give me a ring on 07968 378565 and i will try and direct you or find someone else that can! as for starting time its generally a pretty chilled day from 5pm onwards but looks like folk would like to start earlier this time so 3pm onwards...but really it doesn't matter what time you come along people are generally there spining away.

anyhow must bounce off now...
any problems give me a ring and i'll try and help you!

478 posts

Posted:
lol see this is i shouldnt be sorting this out from london

3ish was just an idea due to the fact that the london Poi in Park (pip) usually kicks off around then.

5 is all sweet to me but is up to everyone as to what time they wish to get there.

onedizzybird- yum! glad you is coming and cheers for saving me out of this one, i owe you

cant wait to come back on sunday yaay!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Why not say 5 and if people want to come earlier then they can.

At the last one I got there around 5.30 and there was no one else round till almost 6.

The important thing is for some one to try and be around at the official starting time for newbies who are looking for the event.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so the next sheff pip will be on teh 23rd and start at about 5-6pm? is that right, cos i keep saying ill come and i keep getting busy so i cant!

please shoot me work is soooooo slow today!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
ok cool...thats that sorted then, lets say 5pm as usual and theres nothing stopping anyone who would like to be there before...

if anyone would like to come earlier and get probs with finding the place or anything give me a ring or pm me.

see you all very soon...

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Was wondering if anyone would like to bring some safety stuff to the next Sheffield pip- water, bucket, towel, fire extinguisher etc.

I'll have water (I know there's a stream nearby but clean waters probably better for burns) and small bucket but there's a limit to what I can bring as I don't have transport.

If you do bring stuff please let me know about it as people have said to me that in the past they're brought safety stuff but left it in their bags.

I think it's important to have safety equipment out and readily accessible, and for everyone to know where it is- in an emergency stuff tucked away in a rucksack lost in the dark isn't going to be much use.

Also, torches would be a good idea as I know of at least two people who've lost valuable equipment recently, possibly stolen, possibly left cos it couldn't be seen in the dark.

If everyone brought just one useful item it'd be really useful, but, like I said, mention it to me on the day so we know it's there.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I can bring towels and water if thats of any help??

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by ASTRO FAERIE:
I can bring towels and water if thats of any help??
Cheers Astro Faerie, that would be useful.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
yay sunshine forecast for the weekend, lets hope so.

Anyone know of owt fun happening Saturday night, preferably free?

twirlywhirlyfiregirlie (nancy)member
78 posts

Posted:
awww sheffield
it'll be so goos to be home i cant wait its crap we wont be back for saturday but ah well! lookin forward to seeing noooooonaaaaaa again edinburgers great and beautiful but it doesnt have the arches or encliffe park...no contest weally! see you al very soon lots of love

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?

Page: ......