Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
for the june one? surely your back on thurs/fri or something

oh dear - i'll chat to you later sweetie

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm coming back on the thursday cos it's cheaper. Whether it helps you going to PIP is another matter. Eventually PK will get round to informing us when the June one is and we can sort it out.

Meh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
sending tender and warm cyberhugs to everyone for tomorrow as well as yummy virtual crepes

have fun, sweet ones

shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
How went it?

Meh

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Well it was non-existant by the time I arrived, fashionably late at 7pm, to a completely empty park. I found everybody sheltering from the rain and galeforce winds at Kato's.

so much for our 'hardcore northern' image huh?

3,638 posts

Posted:
galeforce wind and rain? you should all live further south.......(looks out at evening sunshine)

sorry to hear mr. weatherman ruined the spinning. you have fun anyway though?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Wimps!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Lucky I didn't go then ain't it? Missed the NTA party too.

Naymind Headcharge soon, with OS1 doing a brand new set. So it's all good.

Meh

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys but the rain kinda put me off getting a train from Lincoln to Sheffield, but I thought about you

PK any chance I can have your mobile number? I wanted to contact you to tell you I wouldn't be coming....than remembered I didn't have your number.

Bam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Ros, even if I don't make it to Sheffield for a June PIP, you WILL come and dance around like a fairy with me when your exams have finished. Yup yup yup. We need to practice the running round in circles thing for the next PIP so we can show off............ (?)
Love you!
Dibs xxx

ANY DATES YET BY THE WAY?

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

3,638 posts

Posted:
Dibs - I have but three words: YAY YAY YAY

I am so very definitely going to come and run round in circles with you. Shall we teach Lolli too? wahoo!

Tracermember
2 posts

Posted:
Sheffield poi in the park what a joke no organisation or consideration what so ever. There website states they are there from 5pm and everyone lights up around dusk about 10pm so anytime between these times shouldn’t be counted late. If these people were at someone's house why didn’t they go to the park regular to tell any other people who might turn up it had been cancelled, and why it had been cancelled.

I don't know who mentioned the weather conditions but when we arrived in Sheffield around 9pm after travelling 140 miles to get there it hadn’t been raining for a couple of hours if at all. As for the gale force winds when we got to the park there was only a slight wind i managed to do a 30 min fire display with no problems so please don't blame the weather if you said you were at the firework display that happened about 4/5 miles away from the park at 10 o’clock that night it wouldn’t be acceptable but it would of sounded better.

By 11pm came there were only four of us in the park me and my fire safety person and 2 duck’s I don’t know about the ducks, but both of us were totally pissed off and left.

This isn't the original message I was going to post @ 2 o’clock the night I got home, as for my fire safety person all I can say Sheffield pip are lucky he isn’t on-line. we will never go again

I don’t know why but the board wont allow me to logic in my original membership.
Tracer aka David Casey

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Pillock.

Meh

3,638 posts

Posted:
now now.......

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I didn't want to go to your stinking poi in the stupid park anyway and you all smell and your website it poopy......

and I was too grumpy to sign in properly and/or remember my password - that's all your fault too

and I put a comma where there shouldn't be in UK.....

I'm off to sulk with my safety now.

Meh

Tracermember
2 posts

Posted:
“PILLOCK”
Proves what contempt and lack of consideration you have to anyone who goes out of their way to try and get to a poi meeting. If you and your attitude are an example of the kind of people we would have met, I am glad that there was no one there when we turned up. Maybe you are in the minority, I hope you are, but who knows! Your response does nothing to inspire anyone else to go to any poi meetings, especially if they have to travel any distance to get there. That one comment just shows what kind of narrow minded person you are.

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
dearest tracer,

sorry to hear of your misfortune on saturday, it was unfortunate that you did not think to get any contact details of any of the sheffield folks before such a long distance journey. whilst i was there the spinning was going strong and as always the people were great and in good form!

take care now,

x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
No. I wasn't there Tracer. Hence my earlier posts about not being there. If you had bothered to read the rest of the thread then you might have known that.

Personally I go out of my way every month to attend PIP. I travel 110 miles. It costs me a good deal of money, that I can ill afford to waste, on the train.
I have missed 2 events - the first due to a breakdown in communications and the last due to my having to stay and help my slightly dotty father fit his new kitchen.
I also travelled all the way down to London for the last one - a journey of several hundred miles.

I always set off early and get to Sheffield in plenty of time. I do not turn up 2 hours before it finishes (a full 4 hours late).

If you bothered to read around this site you would see how well respected, loved and certainly not narrow minded I am. You, on the other hand, have shown yourself to be an ill mannered, quick tempered lout.

A lesser person would've simply returned to the PIP site, found out mr PK's email address and sent him a brusk, firm and slightly shouty email voicing their concerns. Whereas you spat out your dummy and had a big public sulk.

A few other points from your original post that led me towards my statement of your dwelling in Pillockdom:
quote:
By 11pm came there were only four of us in the park me and my fire safety person and 2 duck’s I don’t know about the ducks, but both of us were totally pissed off and left.
That doesn't make any sense. So what if you're angry when you're typing? It's no excuse for writing gibberish. I've been extremely annoyed throughout the entirity of this post and haven't lost my grip on reality.

What you maybe should've said was By 11pm there were two of us and two ducks. I don't know about the ducks, but both of us were totally pissed off. We left.

quote:
me and my fire safety person
No one talks like that. Why cant you say me and my mate? Friend even? Aquaintance, if you must. What you have wriiten (in my personal opinion) makes you sound like an arrogant, pretentious, show off. Not the kind of person I would even want to talk to at any poi meet. You could've put friend/fire safety and come across as more human.

quote:
it hadn’t been raining for a couple of hours if at all. As for the gale force winds when we got to the park there was only a slight wind
You are basing this on the knowledge available when you were there yourself. You have no idea what the weather was like 4 hours previously.
Also, the "gale force winds" thing is taken from the post of Noona who, to be perfectly fair, isn't the sanest bunny at the picnic. If you'd read her intro you would notice that she mentions that she loves cake in excess of 12 times. She is (perhaps) prone to exaggeration and sillyness.
Whilst I doubt that there were in fact gale force winds. I would imagine that for proffessionals such as PK and Kato to call off the event then the weather must've been fairly inclement indeed. I am basing this statement on the fact that they have held PIP in the snow on previous occasions.

quote:
i managed to do a 30 min fire display with no problems
What you're saying is you lit up and span for 30 minutes. Don't try and sound impressive. You just come off as pretentious (again )

quote:
if you said you were at the firework display that happened about 4/5 miles away from the park at 10 o’clock that night it wouldn’t be acceptable but it would of sounded better.
What the shitty death are you on about? This is a completely irrelevant statement.

quote:
This isn't the original message I was going to post @ 2 o’clock the night I got home, as for my fire safety person all I can say Sheffield pip are lucky he isn’t on-line.
Why? What was he going to do? Would he, perchance, write a big sulky post and then get shirty when someone responded to it in the same vain? Or is that just you?

quote:
I don’t know why but the board wont allow me to logic in my original membership.
I'm sorry. I didn't realise you were a visitor from a different planet. In that case I take back every I wrote previously.

Perhaps if you'd tried entering your password. "logic in my origianl membership" for f*ck's sake. (And he wonders why he gets called a pillock).

quote:
If these people were at someone's house why didn’t they go to the park regular to tell any other people who might turn up it had been cancelled, and why it had been cancelled.
Perhaps they didn't fancy walkiing back from Kato's house in the bad weather when they had nice warm fluffy house to stay in.

Do you know how far it is from the park to Kato's house?
No.
Because you are not one of his friends. The people gathered there were his friends. I would imagine that other people simply went home. Or didn't turn up (due to the pissy weather) in the first place.

-

And now to your second post.

I called you a pillock. Me. This is my personal opinion based on the facts in hand. I in no way represent PIP or it's organisation _ possibly due to the fact that i live so very far away from it. I, also, in no way speak for, or represent, the organisers of the aforementioned event. I was acting alone.
If you were offended by my use of the word then perhaps you should first examine your actions carefully before you write another retort.

quote:
Your response does nothing to inspire anyone else to go to any poi meetings, especially if they have to travel any distance to get there.
Tough. As I said I don't speak for the organisers of it. I'm just an individual who happens to have a major problem with your attitude.
Also, I am well known for saying exactly what i think on these boards. hence my assigning you to a life of pillockhood.

Normally my posts are a mass of sillyness. Not often to i get incensed so much. Thank you Mr Tracer for inciting my ire so much and incurring my wrath. It has been most refreshing. I can't wait to be insulted by your next post.

Love and hugs
C@ntus

Next time email the organisers if you're unhappy about an event. Don't whine about it in public

[ 29 May 2002, 07:44: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAH
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHA! HA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HA!

(I do appologise for that little outburst)

[ 30 May 2002, 10:04: Message edited by: Noona ]

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
and you seemed like such a gentle soul, Cantus

x

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
what the fuck
lmao @ cantus... if the cup half full or half empty? i dont know.

Well due to the facts of having no email telling me that "you and your fire safty guy" were even gonna travel from where ever it is that is 140 miles away, we have no idea as to send mail to regarding event cancelations, seeming though the event did happen at 5pm where there was simon, rachel, spiral, kato, myself, 3 ball dave and a few others all risking the shite rain for a spin then you should have got in contact with myself beforhand, thats "your problem" not mine.
due to the fact of being hired to launch the NY Sushi bigbang 7 party at 9pm in sheffield city center, i would have been around all night and due to the small crowd anyway we all thought necesary to call it a day.
As you call my events unorganised and so on... where are the other events? and ones organised by "you"??? did you even make it to clapham common? probably not.
seems to me that i should be calling you a wanker, one word that spings to mind, but i'm not going to bother, you aint worth it.
And agreeing with cantus, if you ever did come to an event/poi meet "friendly gathering". that you would have no friends because you would be very rude to others and certainly be a little bigheaded and think your the best. We would all laugh.
oi cantus we have our own RAVERSURGE in the UK hahah remember that one? i do very well.

hey cantus i wonder if this is the cunt that keeps sending us all viruses? i've now had 3 in 2 weeks, hence my lack of postings and updates to the pip site.
well i am still recovering from the NTA party and pretty fuct still so i am gonna stop now.
hoping that this twat see's some sence and makes apologies to us all for his arogance and ill manors.
Maybe we might welcome you to PIP8? but then again may be not.

tara fer now

pk aka poi in the park, event coordinator.

feels the wrath of KATO coming on ere soon.

oh and bring on your fire safty guy, lets here what he has to say!!! i can not wait.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Whilst cantus beat me to the guns on this one (PK an me got there the same time!), for once, the humble quiet one known simply as 'spiral' would have to retort on the matter, as I don't think cantus explained everything. Why am I so lucky I wasn't online when your saftey person was? I don't like being threatened thank you very much. Most posts on this board include where the person who posted the message is from, and I know most of us Sheffield crowd have our email addresses in our profiles. Surely it would have been a reasonably wise idea to say email someone a couple of days in advance and ask fo a phone number? Usually PK leaves a contact number somewhere when he advertises PIP. I can understand how it would make you angry, but shooting your mouth off in public is no way to go about it. Maybe if you hadn't have behaved this way you might have got an apology. You still might, but not off me, or C@ntus. Never have I seen him so angry. And one last point, u say you are never coming to a sheffield PIP again. GOOD. all I can say is if your post is anything to go by you can F*ck off to the hole you crawled out of, because you most certainly wont be welcome here. That goes to you and your safety too, and if we do perchance ever meet, perhaps your safety would like to try and do what he wanted to do if he caught me online.

For once I am not sending love and light with a post, Infact, I'm going to go and have a wardance

[ 29 May 2002, 12:51: Message edited by: Spiral ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
and as far as i am awear my phone number is on the site too along with being posted on the london tread too.

King LouieJungle V.I.P.
19 posts

Posted:

ello ello ello. What have we 'ere.
Its all goes tits up the belly.

Now then, I've met that nice mr Cantus and he's alright.
And I've met that nice mr PK , and he's alright too, and he kinda does a lot of good wurk to make poi events happen.
And I haven't met our Mr Tracer , but he's a fire spinner so he must be alright too.

I can see that if you drove for a couple of hours, to an event and it was cancelled, then you got a reason to be slightly irate. But not with anyone else, its just a mix-up, it happens.

As far as i can see, mr PK didn't have no way to tell you it was cancelled, and given the weather it would have been worth phone-icating him or any of the sheffield lot just to check its all happening.

chill, mancub make this thread all fluffy again. Its meant to be about poi, youknow, they're kinda fun.
So lets post a few smiles and get back to swinging
and trees and stuff.
And no more of this monekey business

Cousin Louie _____________________________________
Can Anyone tell me the secret of mans red fire?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Noona, darling, can you edit that post and put some spaces in the 'HA's as it's making the page very long and stretchy. Thanks!

As Louie says, shit happens. Call next time.

Also, Poi in the Park, and other such events are informal. If somebody says 'Hey, everyone who wants to, come along and spin in the park at the same time!' then they're not promising good company, guaranteed numbers, lessons, freebies, etc... These are free events that consist of exactly what people bring to them. If people don't turn up then that's up to them.

You can't really get that pissed off with an informal, free event put together by someone who isn't getting anything but thanks (usually) for thier efforts.

Mercury&Solacemember
12 posts

Posted:
I am Sratos from Athens and i am in Sheffield....I would really like to meet any of you people cause i am spinning on my own. I am not really good at it but i think i discovered something really good called poi.......Anyway if you would like and you could be bothered send me an email........Thanks alot
Mercury&Solace

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
HURRAH! nice people to spin with! check your mail, contact details enclosed

(you see tracer, thats all it takes!)

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Hey I think we redressed the balance. We were spinning in the rain yesterday! me Kato, Dizzybird, $y, Phil, and Walking Corpse all spun in the rain for an hour or 2 under my window,listening to the audible delights of FSOL and astral projection, and of course the wonderful popping song by cowcube!

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
yeah liam/spiral it was lovely, we will have to invite more people to come and spin!

anyone going to the park on sunday?

see dearest tracer, sheffield people are nice and do not deserve abuse we just enjoy the good things in life!

x

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
la de da de da....

* whistles loudly and changes the subject*

erm.. so is anyone going to Headcharge on Friday then?

I'm so lame I know!

Page: ......