Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Guess I thought about it a bit late this year., but would anyone in sunny Sheffield be interested in doing some sort of sponsored poi-marathon / 12 or 24h non-stop spin type thing in aid of Children In Need in 2002 ?? Any ideas would be much appreciated.Keep it real....------------------Kato

Kato

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
hiya...id be up for that....i live in leeds but i can make it to wherever... smilegoafire

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Crickey.. I didnt expect a reply to that so soon..!! Thanx... Theres plenty of time to arrange this for next year, but on the face of it, I thought it could be a Sheffield City Center type thing with lots of people and publicity and stuff?? I will, at some point, make enquiries with the local council regarding legalities etc, (especially if fire is involved)..Thanxx again Goafire, and feel free to join in ye who seek all things good from thier spinning !!Keep it real...------------------Kato

Kato

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Does this mean that we have to spin for 12 hours constantly or can we overlap with smaller, maybe 30 min sessions if we have enough people? Is there a world record for this already?Sounds good so far Mushinkato, count me in for any staff/poi children in need stuff!Liam Tempest.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I can't do poi (yeah, yeah I know) but i'm ok with staff. Not sure about 12/24 hrs tho. I can do about 4 hours but i have to stop and giggle occasionally - not sure why just do. But it's no fun if you can't giggle sometimes now is it?Does it have to be children in need? I hate kids (joke). Can't we do homeless charities? Big Issue or something like that (not Shelter as I had a disagreement with Chris Holmes).Just a thought.

Meh

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Happy Friday peeps... Thanks for ongoing support etc etc... I had thought about some sort of relay type thing.. I wouldnt expect anyone to try and spin for that length of time..!! (although the longest I've gone for without stopping ,apart from a quick sip of water now and again, is about 6 hours of steady spinning)Poi, staff, cabbages, whatever..!!?? Doesnt matter really so long as there is a common theme of some sort.As for charities, I thought of CIN because it was the first one that sprung to mind.. probably because its one of the most highly publicised. If we manage to get a group of people who are serious about this, we could bring lots of ideas together and come up with a definitive plan.. at least by next summer when the weather would be a little fairer..??[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 08 December 2001).]

Kato