audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Every Monday Fire at South Beach park. At the end of South Terrace. Near South Beach Fremantle. Monday. After sundown. All welcome. Meaning just rock up. All toys poi staff diablo unicycles clubs jugglers hula hoops musical instruments. It's Fremantle, anything goes. grin------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire[This message has been edited by audax (edited 05 December 2001).]

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
bump grinBeginners welcome, extra toys available for those without, just introduce yourself and ask. ...big staff, little staff, double staff, fire breathing, led poi, furry poi... shocked shocked shocked shocked------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Yeh yeh!! come along...Now I was there on Mon night...which one were you?? I was the guy with the funny lighty tube poi things...------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

adriftmember
5 posts

Posted:
hi u'all!! came down one monday night to see what was goin on but after a 20 min hike to find the damn place found out it was someones bday party (tho there was twirlers there) so we felt like we were intruding and just went home!! was wonderin if u guys go every monday and how many usually go?? would luv to come meet youse all!! smile

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Sorry to all who got confused about where/when. Some nights it's been windy and not so many people show up. Also one week we did move around the corner a bit. Oops! rolleyesClick on the little pencil and paper icon to email me with further questions/abuse etcWe set up near the kiosk at South Beach park literally next to the sand dunes. Not in the football oval. smileWe may not come down for Christmas eve but we will be back next year, especially as it gets less windy as it gets into the really hot bit of summer.Don't be shy, just say "can I have a go". Beginners wanted to further our cause of taking over the world with spinning objects. There are new people showing up every week so we are all learning new stuff all the time. Thanks to all who've been coming and making it special.Now, who's got the fire hacky?[This message has been edited by audax (edited 19 December 2001).]

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
i found it a leeeeetle intimidating, people didnt seem to talk to each other much.but, still heading down there next monday, this time with a buddy.anyone feel like investing time in teaching him staff moves (i know shite-all about staffs)

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Clare, I'm really sorry you felt that way and we'll try to be friendlier this time. You came on a busy night and we were talking to a lot of new people that night. It was great to see you do fire for the first time. Glad to hear you're coming back again. It's been a bit of a break since last time with Christmas eve then NYE both falling on a Monday, but we are expecting a lot of people this time including loads more staff twirlers and some spectators and hopefully musicians. More younger crew as well as old cynical fogies like me.Come along and tell us about your new years everyone.Matt

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Big one this MondayI found some more twirlers and met loads of interested randoms who were all invited.Also hoping for some people from SAmbanistas drummers and twirlers to come down.The crew that normally meet on full moons at Leighton beach are coming too. Maybe they'll discover that Monday is easier to work out than phases of the moon!Cheeky Monkey.Clare is promising some more four poi action. Isn't that right Clare? wink------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
On again! Yay!Thanks to all the new people who came last week. hello to the guy who thought he organised it. Hi, my names Matt.Hello to all those people I've told about this website. Hope to see you there.Big hello's to all the crew seen twirling at all the festivals and parties around at the moment. Wicked stuff.It's my birthday today. Yahoo

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

adriftmember
5 posts

Posted:
Happy Birthday!!good to hear someone so cheerful!!hehe grin

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
oo ye-ah! wont be down for 4/5 weeks (doin a 1st aid certificate) but hopefully by then ill have more poi for me, and therell be no more borrowing.....

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
oh, and happy birfday! how old does that make you now matt?

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
and again, my THIRD post in a row (i should read more carefully)youre gonna get sambanistas down there?! im so jealous that i missed that! i want sambanistas! twirling with them would be so much fun, id imaginethey better rock up more often.... they better be there to celebrate my 1st aid certificate grin

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Happy birthday Audax smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys, you're so nice. I'm 27 by the way and I got ID'd last night in the city. I didn't even argue I just wanted to see his face when he read the date!It's a shame not to see you down there clare, keep practising you're doing so well. A first aid certificate is a very good idea. I've got one myself. When they ask you why you're getting it it's fun explaining what your hobby is!Last Monday was a monster! We had so much fun down there. 6 drummers and plenty of twirlers. We use about 9 litres of fuel. We've been having BBQs at sunset as well which is really nice.See ya there! grin

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
hehe. saw you in the paper today.nice blue paint you had happening. no sarcasm intended

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Was it the new series of Secret Life Of Us? Was it South Park? confusedWhy did so many of you pike? There were heaps of new people down and a few drummers. ------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Heaps of new people last night. I put some notices up at a couple of the local backpackers hostels and plenty of them showed up. The drumming was wicked with about 6 or 7 drums and 3 or 4 new drummers. Thank you to everyone who brought fuel along. Some advice on buying fuel. Getting kero from the petrol station is much cheaper than buying it by the litre in shops. All you need is a fuel can. This only counts for normal kero. There is a Shell at the corner of hampton & South St nearby with a kero bowser.Otherwise for Citro, Lamp Oil, Odourless, shellite etc shop around. The prices vary incredibly from shop to shop. If a shop sells one thing cheaply, it's no garantee that it well sell the others cheaply too. Even if they are all the same brand. Try supermarkets, camping stores, bbq stores, hardware stores and petrol stations.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

SpykeBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info about the kero Matt, we will find that useful after we run out of this 20L we bought!The five of us that came down will come again next week and after telling our friends they should be coming to.To all those people who are a bit hesitant in coming, don't be, Matt came and introduced himself to us when we rocked up feeling all awkard.

'At this moment, you should be with us, feeling like we do, like you loved to, but never will again.'

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
2 words:FIRE FRISBEE!

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Wolfmember
1 post

Posted:
WOW very funky ive been looking for a group to start with and this would be fantastic. I want to learn about firebreathing and will make the trip down the road(i work at the esplanade hotel) on monday. Does anyone sell gear on monday nights?? cya soon smile

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Last night was very windy so not quite ideal, but we can shelter behind the kiosk which is where we used to be all the time. I was lucky enough to see the end of the buskers festival before coming along. It included some serious skills from fire guy, the flaming butterflies and others. Most of the 30 performers did fire juggling.
We do sell fire gear on Monday nights. Our gear comes with all the lessons you can absorb! Email me if you want, click the envelope icon above my message.

Does anyone have a diablo I could borrow?

[ 06 April 2002, 21:34: Message edited by: audax ]

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
We are still here, we are still going every Monday. For Crowdaphobes, there are a lot less people coming and more people doing than watching. yesterdays was a good one for new skills as loads of people learned something new. We have a new batch of wick and will have toys to sell soon if anyone's interested.
Does anyone have any ideas for what to do during winter? Is there any such thing as a public fire-ok covered place in Perth somewhere? We may have to move or just have random twirls whenever thw rain stops. It's not that bad yet though in 2 months it will be

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
This may be my last post on this thread. I'm going to Broome for winter. Jemma is going too and I assume PK is as well. We'll have a going away twirl some time soon.

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Please come this Monday as it will be my last twirl there before I go up north. I'd love to see eeryone from the last few months along

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

louisamember
2 posts

Posted:
matt, is that you? fire hack, fire frisbee, can only be one nutter like you (especially one going up to broome with jem and pk)
been twirling in london, but it gets bloody cold...i miss broome....who knows, might just see you there....

lou lou

------------------------
we are the people our parents warned us about

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
SERIOUS NOW!
Yes it's me, the proud inventor of the fire frisbee. How are you? I'm going back to Broome as soon as I get a lift. It's getting cold here so it's about time. Jemma & PK seem to be staying. Did you get in contact with twirlers up in norf London? Have you heard from Chris? What go on?

UYI wink OLDSKOOL