Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
Well just a little post to let ppl know that Tarzan, myself and Fire_Hazard did our first public fire show yesterday for halloween!!! Woohoo. It was almost cancelled due to winds and rain.. but cleared up nicely later and we started a little bit late. It was at a friends restaurant called Inferno (aptly named).It was totally awesome!!! everyone was right on thier game and even tho we didn`t really have any choreographed moves we got a lot of compliments and even a tip (money) from one of the tables.Also afterwards people came up to us asking for business cards and do we do functions and such. Was such an amazing night!!! Hectic fun was had by all... so now we have a fire troop and we looking for a name!!I`ll email some of the pics to malcom and hopefully he`ll put them up if anyone is interested!!!So just a shout out to Tarzan and Fire_Hazard for a really cool evening!!ThanksYOU GUYS ROCK!!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Congrats, Chakan (and Tarzan and Fire_Hazard). It's such a buzz to finihs your first performance and get all those unexpected comments.Welcome to the professional word of playing for money (yay u).I expect to see a lot more posts from all of you guys now (finger wagging happily) wink as now you're seasoned performers...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Tarzanmember
9 posts

Posted:
thanks Charles. we'll keep u "posted".Incidently, if anyone has any ideas for names, they'll be greatly appreciated. I just keep coming up with really corny ones eg, "meta-ballistics", or "the kin of Promethius". yep yep, I know,they suck, and hence we need the help.Also we are aren't sure how much to charge people for a display. how much is the usual?ChriS

This leads to bedwetting?
sheets well spent.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
A good, recent thread on charging is below...Forget my post on it, but read Pele's and the others after that.https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001271.htmlIt's got a wealth of different options but I think a combination of Pele's system with a minimum fee in case its too low...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Hey well done Chakan, Fire_hazard and Tarzan! My first (paid) performance was on Saturday. It was such a buzz! I used beaming balls (LED) rather than fire as it was inside a nightclub but still can't get over the fact that I got paid for going clubbing. Good luck with any future performances, maybe one day we'll share the stage! Later,Sunbeam'Come on baby light my fire' - The Doors

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny