• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > any london fire gatherings for guy fawkes/bonfire night?

Login/Join to Participate

miss_rummage
SILVER Member since Aug 2001

miss_rummage

Total posts: 63
Posted:hi guys,
Non-Https Image Link
just wondering if anyone knows of any fire gatherings for bonfire night?there must be a few out there and i would be keen to hear of any that are in london or at least an hour or so away.sweet!thanks in advance

stay smilin

Delete Topic

Dm

Dm

AlterEgo

Total posts: 128
Posted:I haven't heard of anything at all. Previous years I haven't been spinning, and normally go to a last minute choice. I spend a lot of my summers in Malta, where they really know about fireworks, so a lame UK display in the cold never appeals that much!Maybe we could persuade some bonfire event to provide an area for a random bunch of twirlers. Or organise our own meet in a London park on Sunday/Monday evening? Somewhere where we're unlikely to get too bothered.Anyone have ideas for an event or place (like Blackheath?).Dom

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Delete

miss_rummage
SILVER Member since Aug 2001

miss_rummage

Total posts: 63
Posted:where will all the fire peoples of london be? hmmmm I wonder...It would be cool to find out whats happening, maybe i will do some searching today...and dom wheres blackheath by the way?<cealaigh>

stay smilin

Delete

Dm

Dm

AlterEgo

Total posts: 128
Posted:Apparently Brockwell park (Brixton) or Blackheath (Greenwich way) have free events on. A friend of mine reckons fire twirling shouldn't be a problem.If I find out any more details I'll post, or if anyone else has details or ideas, keep 'em coming!

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Delete