Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Hello people, been a long time.Has any-one here ever come across the Rainbow Family, or been to a gathering?Just wondering,Tim /|\

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Bumping this to events and gatherings Timmy, and for the record...I have never heard of it!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Er, no sorry. Never heard of them either! Maybe you could explain...Princess xx

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Explaination:The Rainbow Family.....er, where to begin?!I know that's it's me copping out, but check https://www.welcomehome.org
or https://rainbow.spiralwave.co.uk/
to see what it's all about.Do you have a belly button? Then you're a rainbow too!Love and blessings to all,Tim/|\[This message has been edited by Timmy (edited 20 October 2001).]

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Hi TimmyI've never been to a Rainbow gathering, but I met a few guys in on me travels who were Rainbow 'members.' IMO A lot of their beliefs make sense, but some ideas I found bizarre and contradictory to other beliefs they have.Good idea, but when you try to add structure to any org like this - things tend to go pear shaped. IMOM
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I've heard of the rainbow getherings. Never been to one. Some of the people that go to Burningman go to that too, and some of them I met showed me pics of the last rainbow gathering they had been to. It looked pretty groovy in its own way, but I have to admit that the stories didn't really make me want to go. BTW Pele, it's none of my business, but this topic makes as much sense in "social disscusion" as Burningman discussion threads do, and they don't get moved.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I met a couple of rainbows at a party in Atlanta this summer. Very cool people, but very enigmatic. The one who hung out with us for the longest said they were from everywhere and nowhere. The entire group of them wandered around all night sucker-dosing party kids with the most powerful LSD that I have ever come across. (Technically speaking, they were filling people's mouths with it and refusing payment!) I'll let you know if the chick (the only name we ever had for her is "Rainbow") calls us again.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I've been to a couple National Rainbow Gatherings here in the USA, they occur all over the world. The nationals usually attract about 25,000-30,000 people "squatting" somewhere in the forest for a week up to 2 months. Of course the government and law enforcement, are never too keen on this. With the vast numbers of people set up in the remote area of land... there tactics to remove us,usually become passive or at least co operative as they see theres no shaken us. Peace, Love, and anarchy.They've been occuring long before my time (early 70's) and probably will continue for many,many years. During the festivites, it becomes very much like a primitive village. No barter is the only form of exchange, money is COMPLETELY shunned here. Kitchens set up all over the forest to feed everyone, from food donations & magic hat. Wild chaotic drum circles all night into each new day, Rainbow decisions are made at council, water is carried from streams & boiled, latrines are dug...Teepees set up, everything and everyone can be found here. Its a spirtual rite, and a religious fit. Everythings very, very much communal from eating to doing your business.Okay, I'm tired. More later if anyone wants to know.=]

smileemember
40 posts

Posted:
Hidey Ho, Rainbow!, I have been to a few nationals, and a few regionals. I always had a killer time! I have to say, my favorite camp is "Fairy Camp" their mostly gay, but hederal sexuals aren't shunned. Boy, they really know how to have a good time! Our fire pit was dug in the shape of a giant phallus, we called it the cock-pit! It was pretty funny. Alot of people who hear "rainbow" think of the gay flag, and automatically assume that it's a gay event- wich is not the case at all. Fairy Camp is just one camp out of 1000's of people and camps. There's "Lovin' Ovens" who build ovens out of stone and mud and bake all kind of stuff from pizza and bread to cup-cakes, one year they made fairy camp a killer choclate ganja cake with cocunate frosing, and a whole oz of B.C. nuggetz for one of the fairy's birthday. "Popcorn Palace" pops popcorn over the open fire and makes all kinds of caramel corn, choclate corn ect.. by the ton! There's kiddy camp where alot of the families go who have kids, I can go on and on for ever! For those who don't know, regional gatherings are the smaller form of the natioal gathering, there's one about every month somewhere in the U.S., i don't know about the rest of the country. You can go from gathering to gathering and live out in the national forest forever-literally! Nationals come once a year arond the 4th of July. There's a website that will tell you all the details, but I can't think of it right off the top of my head, if you hunt around you'll probibally find it. Maby I'll see some people form HOP at the next nationals- I'll be lookind for you guys spinning down in the main medow!Later, Smilee

later - Smilee

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Apparently next year's (2002) international gathering is going to be in Brazil. More info to follow....Any-one up for that? smile