ChloeBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
hi. I'm moving up to Bristol in the next couple of days and was wondering if any bristolians could tell me what the fire scene is like around bristol..strangely enough smile? Is there anywhere that firepeople tend to go to do their stuff? and do many people fire busk around bristol?My plan was to maybe get a job somehow spinning fire or uv poi, if you have any suggestions i would appreaciate them. Ultimately i would love to get a fire troupe together (there seems to be a fair number of fire people in bristol on the meet others list) or join one.Anycow, any info would be helpful. Cheers.Chloe-We are the dancing flames, we are the process, the circles, the movement and the change. We are the dancing flames.-

Chloe.
-I'm dancing through the fire just to catch a flame-
Paul Weller

Ithacamember
45 posts

Posted:
lo chloe,I have been getting some peeps together in Bath, about 10 mins from Bristol. Check:www.poishop.f2s.com/poievents.html#fireparkMostly begginers but few good people. I am interested in some trips to Bristol as I have easy access on Mon and Wed evenings. Give me a mail if you are interested in hooking up.------------------check my pics etc at www.poishop.f2s.com------------------ intend to live forever, or at least die trying." Voltaire

------------------
errrm I intend to live forever, or at least die trying.
Voltaire

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
I live in Stroud and would love to get together in Bristol. Im not professional but I can twirl a fairly good dance. Let me know if u get it together.

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
hmm, very little of poi in the region of Bristol which is gay, as it is wher ei call home... frown

never ever EVER, poke me with that thing.

just my little joke. As always.

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The...Joker

hmm, very little of poi in the region of Bristol which is gay, as it is wher ei call home... frown

What are you on about ....[Old link]

more poi there than you can throw at any one time or there is Fumbles in Weston -Super-Mare which is a lovely friendly club.

And if you fancy performing at clubs drop me a line at infoATlucifers-lounge.com

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:

That's not a complant i've heard before most people can't get any from the damm poi swinging hippies wink

Written by:

My plan was to maybe get a job somehow spinning fire or uv poi,

it would be nice, if you find a way let me know smile

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:

Gay. That means happy, merry and cheerful, right? In an ironic sense. As in wicked means good...
I mean you wouldn't be using a slang word for people's sexual orientation as an insult, would you?
nah. Couldn't be.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:

confused ubblol rolleyes

There are TONS of spinners in Bristol, in fact some of the best spinners I know are from Bristol. It's probably got the highest concentration of spinners in England outside London. You can't bloody move for them sometimes!! Wait till it's sunny, spin on College Green and you're bound to have some randomly come over to you.

I take it you never go to circus soc or to any other spinning meets then Joker??

By the way ithaca, the link to www.poishop.f2s.com doesn't seem to work smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Gay. That means happy, merry and cheerful, right? In an ironic sense. As in wicked means good...
I mean you wouldn't be using a slang word for people's sexual orientation as an insult, would you?
nah. Couldn't be.

[Old link] smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
hang on a tic, ide love to be proved wrong, tell me where they all hide then, cuz ide love to meet up with some spinners without travelling out to much, as my second car is currently nursing some pretty severe wounds.

maybe a map with little X's on it?

never ever EVER, poke me with that thing.

just my little joke. As always.

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
St. Andrews Park, most Wednesdays during the summer although best to check the Bristol thread on the day as it is weather dependent.

https://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=...5&ay=174995

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Help needed getting form Bristol - to Sunrise festival 16/06
I have tickets!!
Greetings to all
Im sure many of you know Gabe from these pages. She's a wonderfull angel of assistance and a good friend.
She is arriving in the UK on the 16th June and I am due to be picking her up from Bristol airport at midday.
However I have a booking at the Islae of Wight festival, that kind of turns this into a 100 mile round trip.
I am wondering if anyone would be able to pick her up and bring her to Sunrise festival, to play with all her friends!!
I actually have some spare tickets for sunrise, so could make it worth someones while.
please PM me if its at all possible
Thanks in advance

Feel the Flame
Phirenix