Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I received the translation from a quote from Nelson Mandela by one of my "soulmates" today. I know it is not very poi-related, rather fire, light and shine-related winkplease forgive me Pele and Flash. I just love the quote and thought maybe it will also find echo in some of you...shine onCassandra“Our deepest fear is not that we are too weak. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful in a way we cannot even imagine. It is the light inside us – not the darkness – that frightens us the most.We ask ourselves – what right do I have to be brilliant, beautiful, talented and loveable?As a matter of fact, what right do you have not to be?There is nothing enlightened in putting yourself down so that other people would not feel insecure. The more we let ourselves shine, we give, without noticing it, the right for others to do the same. The more we get free from our fears, our presence will free others from fear.”Nelson Mandela.

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

TurqoiseDreamermember
36 posts

Posted:
Thanks Cassandra...I am taking up belly dancing very soon......I needed a little more confidence...now not only am I going to shine...I'm going to shake my booty baby

Krystelmember
26 posts

Posted:
Beautiful quote Cass......THANKYOU!! so much for sharing!!!!.....i'm going to use this quote when i'm not feeling the best...SHINE ON to you to babe!!

Smile!

Why be a second rate version of somebody else when you can be a first rate version of yourself!

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Thank you Cass!

I've got this printed out ready to have painted on the wall of my healing room Beautiful. There's a bit of controversy over who actually said this, probably cos it is such a wonderful piece of writing. Everyone quotes Mandela (i kinda hope it is ) but it's supposedly from Marianne Willamson's book "only love is real". I'm gonna buy it and check for myself, lol.

Whoever said it, i don't care, it's the light it brings that matters. The first time a read this i nearly cried. It was at a festival and was up on a big board to promote a new centre that was being set up in the local community.

It's really crazy that you should post this Cass cos after recently reading that thread, i was going to post this quote and make the point that you my dear always shine and give every person your blessing and belief that they can do the same. It's up to them to decide how to respond to this intention. Unfortunately someone did respond from a place within that they probably aren't very happy in anyway.

Enuff ramblin's... i'm going to go and play in the sunshine!!!!

OOouuu happy happy days...

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

4,224 posts

Posted:
I am so happy that this finds echoe in your souls, my friends, to me this quote has changed so many things in my life on many levels and I read it every nce in a while to keep myself in check

surprised to hear about the author being controversial, but you are right indeed, the words are still the same meaningfull ones to me and many peple

I would add another one that helped me was something Charles posted a while ago : do no waste too much time wondering what othrs think of you cause they are allready buisy wondering what you think of them...

and you do not light to turn somebody s light off to shine yourself (pardon the english, just a quick translation from th French, anyon welcome to improve it, but you get the idea ? )

SHINE ON

OFF TO POI in te park with some lovely peeps
Cass

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Cass i just read this post (wipeing away a tear). It's wonderful . Nelson mandella is just so inspiring just by been him. I mean I has no hate cause of what happened. Or what he has done for his country.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

4,224 posts

Posted:
bump bump bump for my beautiful Tempest and anyone else in need of a bit of light ?

shine on
cass

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
x

4,224 posts

Posted:

4,224 posts

Posted:
bump again cause i needed taht quote today and thought maybe one of you might too ...

shine on
cass

Page: