Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I received the translation from a quote from Nelson Mandela by one of my "soulmates" today. I know it is not very poi-related, rather fire, light and shine-related winkplease forgive me Pele and Flash. I just love the quote and thought maybe it will also find echo in some of you...shine onCassandra“Our deepest fear is not that we are too weak. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful in a way we cannot even imagine. It is the light inside us – not the darkness – that frightens us the most.We ask ourselves – what right do I have to be brilliant, beautiful, talented and loveable?As a matter of fact, what right do you have not to be?There is nothing enlightened in putting yourself down so that other people would not feel insecure. The more we let ourselves shine, we give, without noticing it, the right for others to do the same. The more we get free from our fears, our presence will free others from fear.”Nelson Mandela.

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

FireDragonmember
4 posts

Posted:
"Shine on you crazy diamond"Pink Floyd.

Shine on you crazy diamondPink Floyd

GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
What a lovely quote!! Make the most of your talents! I agree! Nice one Cassandra!! winkKeep Smiling gringoldenKrispy

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Hey cassandra!!!This is very cool.Check the situation. My wife had just called me. She is a floral manager for a grocery store. She has only been a manager for about 2 yrs. (fairly new) Shes awesome! She is the best designer that they have out of all their stores. She knows how to manage her dept. People that have been managers for yrs call her for advice and also to ask how to do paperwork and how to cut thier grosses and getthier numbers. Anyway, the VP of floral operations called her and told her that they have a merchandizer position open. They are essentially the boss of a group of managers. They help them set up their deptments, they help them when their sales are down with action plans..yadda yadda yadda...The VP tells her that she needs her to put in her application by Friday, because they will need someone by next week. Well she calls me all excited. But Her one major flaw is self confidence. She feels shes too young, and that she cant do it. Basically scared, flettered, but scared. She gets a call and puts me on hold. Im waiting, and i pull up HOP, and i read your post.When she comes back on the phone, i read the qoute toher, and she LOVED IT! And it made her feeel that she has the skills and gave her the confidence to go for it!!I told her it was a sign. IF (when) she gets this job, she will get a 10,000 dollar a yr raise, and we are in desparate need of some financial stability right now.So how does it feel Cassandra? How does it feel to be part of a sign that initated the turning point in someone's life?Thankyou... =) grin grin grin grin grin grinShe so has this job!! I am gitty. You see, non-topic related posts should not be frowned upon as much as they are on this board.Again thank you.Super'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
First of all, I feel the need to point out that the first rule states that "Threads must stay on topic. Please may sure your reply is relavent and on topic"This is not saying all threads on the board need to be about poi or spinning but that responses within a thread should keep to that topic.That being said.....Thank you Cassandra.I have spent several of the past few days engulfed in a quiet contemplation as to whether or no I really should be persuing the path I am on. I have felt lately that I am a completely inadequate performer, and following that measure, an inadequate person.It's one of the reasons I have been somewhat silent in all my communiques.It doesn't change my feelings entirely but it helps. Thank you.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
the quote definitely makes me feel less guilty about being a cool person, thats for sure.-------------------nee

-nee

4,224 posts

Posted:
Fire dragon, than YOU for shining in people's lives like that ...Golden Krispy, I am really glad you liked it smileSuperman, I am so very happy, I mean *really* happy that this could have helped your lovely princess. Life is full of this little magic happening and giving us a lift... Truth is, when I received this quote from my friend I was feeling rather bad about myself and it really made me feel more peacefull and smiling, so I thought maybe it will find echo and make other people smile too. So again, Superman, I am really happy but most of all I think your wife is lucky because she gets her energy from the love and support YOU give her smile After all you are not just anyone, you are... Superman winkPele, I'd give a lot to see you perform and I'd also be happy to meet you as a person and I know I am not the only one. However I beleive those little (I say Little....) doubts are not only healthy for artists but also create some new dynamics, new creative waves to surf on (gee... that Beach boy metaphore really sucks... sorry !). Anyway, thank YOu Pele !!!Courtnee, you make me laugh. happy for you that you are not the type who needs these kind of little things to give you confidence... Keep cool as you are smileShine onCassandra

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Pele, flashfire, I'm sorry, but I have just been sweet talked out of your lives and into Cassandra's. You sure know how to cheer a person up cassandra. That is such a powerful quote. I'm defitaly going to print it and put it up on my wall now.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Thanks Cassandra,That is one of my favourite quotes. I read it from time to time to reinspire me.Finn smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Cassandra,A truly lovely quote, I don't know how my quote collection was ever complete without it. It sure rings true.Time to go throw Space Brothers/Shine on the deck...Matt

4,224 posts

Posted:
A "little angel" from this board wink just gave the exact quote from Mandela since mine, as I had said, was just a translation back into english of the original quote.... so here goes the original version. I just don't like the fact that it mentions god, but that's just me I guess.Shine onCassandraOur deepest fear is not that we are indaquate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.We ask ourselves, who am i to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?Acutally who are you not to be? (...) Your playing small doesnt serve the world.Theres nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people wont feel insecure around you.We were born to manifest the glory of god that is within us.Its not just in some of us, Its in everyone.And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give people permissionto do the same.As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberatesother[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 30 August 2001).]

4,224 posts

Posted:
Just thought that I could bump this one up since I was chatting about it with om yesterday

And the more I read that quote, the more I smile and the more it makes sense

SHINE ON, beautiful people
Cassandra

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
People often feel guilty for being talented in some area or other. Its a shame since they wind up hiding such gifts away rather than sharing them with others or even seeing their own self-importance.

This quote is very timely, Cassandra Mama.

You have a beautiful soul.

Raphael

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Hey cassandra mama, Beautiful guote.

and Hi Raphael too

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Hi to you too, Ros

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Thats Beautifull.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
who is ken kesey?, surely the answer is 42...
please correct my badly informed ramblings...

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heya cass, thanks for sharing his 'deepest fear' theme! ambition, success is threatening in the epectation that follows i guess! from his '94 Inaugural speech, the verbatim goes:
quote:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and faboulous?' Actually, who are not to be? You are a child of God. Yor playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing so enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of god which is within us. It is not in just some of us, it is in all of us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others.
wow 1 month and not a single star wars quote
/trembles

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
I tink me'z gonna call you KQ fr0om now on Bendah

Az abouve, So below...

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
yeh..so will i!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Im emailing that quote to my sister....

She works three jobs, Regional Manager of Scripture Union, an organisation that runs Youth Camps and helps young adults learn how to lead within their communities. She works as the Northern Territory's Liason for World Vision, and on weekends she chops fruit, to make fruit leather.

A year ago when she was asked to take on the job of Manager at SU, she didnt think she had the goods, but took the job because there was no one else. Its not a job that pays regularaly, or even a decent amount. I think this quote might remind her that she's in that position because someone big and almighty wants her to be there `

Thanks Cassandra, its a beautiful quote.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Thanks hon! Eaxtly right!
Hope you enjoy the present I left you

4,224 posts

Posted:
Dom, sweetie, i'll be having them "Conversations with God" and think of you, thank you for that beautiful present !!!!!!!!!

Flynt, glad you saw that, but do let that apply to yourself and realize how YOU SHINE too !!!!

shine on
Cassandra

4,224 posts

Posted:
BUMP
bumping this one up to make people smile and especially our Turquoise Princess

shine on
Cass

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
thanks for that Cass it's a lovely quote
hug for you for bumping it up

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
's to everyone. Thanxs Cass, a great quote from a great man.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
i still love this quote
i printed it out this time.....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Thats an amazing quote. I've been felling pretty crappy all day (anxiety and depressing and stuff), and it took my loving darling KaZeKo like 40 minutes to make me feel better again (Thanks babe). And this quote is so true, when ever I'm depressed or having self esteme issues (Yes a guy with self esteme issues) I'm going to think of this quote. It kicked up my self esteme as soon as I read it. It's going to be my new motto.

Thankyou for sharing that with us Cass

Now the only thing I'm anxious about is I can't wait to go to the rave on Sat. w00t!

[ 17. April 2003, 15:25: Message edited by: DJ Dimples aka DJ Reegz aka Frost ]

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Just when I needed it. Thank you beautiful.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

iopmember
35 posts

Posted:
This is the fluffiest thread that i have read in a long time wow

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you!

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Danae,

You rock!

Raph

Page: