Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Playa del Fuego, Oct 19-21 in Delaware

Login/Join to Participate

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody, a bunch of us mid-atlantic east coast types are getting together yet another "beach" burn (beach is in quotes cuz it's not really on a beach anymore)..kind of a small offshoot of Burning Man. Read https://www.playadelfuego.org
for all the details, or contact me if you have any questions.protozoa (at) tux (dot) orgThere will be many firey folks of all slants there and I'm thinking of getting a little poi workshop together.Check it out; they've always been good!-prote

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Bummer, I'd be down but that's our school's "homecoming" dance and football game. I gotta chaparone. I was thinking of asking flashfire to go with me if I get up the courage... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
::looks bashful, yet approachable - twirls hair around finger and thinks to herself "this hair thing is becoming a bad habit. I must look like a brainless bimbo when I do it. O well - I just hope I get a date for homecoming"::

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK, what the heck, meet you Friday by the bonfire-pep rally at 8? Don't be late! You'd better not stand me up cuz' I'll just be heartbroken...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

suzmember
12 posts

Posted:
Hey prote.Don't think we have met, but you will find a whole group of fire lovin freaks from Wisconsin, Illinois, and Ohio heading out there. I look forward to meeting and spinning a little (maybe I will actually learn something for a change).See you out there, I'll be the star girl (and hopefully that will be enough of a description).Suz

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Suz,No, I don't believe you and I have met but I think we'll be working the gate together, no? I didn't know you were a fire player too! Hooraaay!-prote

firefabulonmember
12 posts

Posted:
Talia and I will be representin' the Motor City---it should be fun!!! We will be in practice for our Halloween show!

suzmember
12 posts

Posted:
prote--woking the gate which night? as you can tell I obviously haven't hooked up your sn with your rn... I was tinking that we make knagi help watch the gate, make him actually commit that is, if he is gonna be hanging out anyways.I am really looking forard to this. Not too sure I want to spin fire though (ack!). Mainly because I sure hate sleeping in kero slime all night. Perhaps spin on Saturday night only... I know, I am a wus to worry about smelling like fuel all weekend. However I am sure some of my van mates might appreciate my conservative approach on the 16 hour ride home.... oh wait, nevermind, two of them are also fire spinners and will be reeking too. Great... we are gonna have the whole van stinking of kero the whole way home...iiiick!I look forward to meeting you, firefabulon, and Talia too!Suz

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I'm lookin forward to meetin you guys here. I'm off of work for the next two weeks and I think the time is gonna drag out. Least I'll have more then enough time to hone my skillz I'm with suz on the slime part. Last weekend event I went to I auctually showered! I don't think I can take being covered all weekend anymore. I have glowy things I'll be whippin around friday.I'll also have a big goofy lookin flaming top hat on during the day and should be easy to spot. Any chance of a nice smelling van ride home is shot. Do you know how many soaked wicks are gonna be in that van?? Counting our clothes I'd have to imagine more then enough to make that van reak for weeks. Hehe wonder what the rental company will say when they get it back smile Commit? But what if I get so detached from the world that I can't function? I wanna aim for that level of not being able to talk anymore. Where it just becomes best to keep your mouth closed and enjoy the surroundings, cuz you know anything that comes out will make 0sense. Think at that point exchanging a ticket for someone's money would be beyond my abilitys.Proto what move are you currently tryin to get? I wanna have an idea of where I gotta be in the next two weeks. Do you think there will be some staff ppl here? The wicks on mine are just about dead and the thing is pretty bulky to bring out if there's gonna be some others alrdy there I can leave it at home.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Wow is all i can really say. That was a great experiance. Really different from us ohio hippy burners that have never been to a burning man, some have never even been to a burn event. I'm kinda thinkin ohio is odd in that phsyco way. Hehe you know there's a guy out here that even I tell to becareful grinSorry you couldn't get your workshop up and runnin proto I would have loved to bouce ideas off you. I'm sure we could have come up with some stuff to really rock. Perhaps next year? I was kinda annoyed that most of the spinners there thought I was out to prove something when it was all just about fun and pushin the limits of fire control. Why did the spinning just stop after the fire got going? I'm not really understanding why everyone wasn't going all night.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Knagi: I can't speak for all the other fire spinners but as for myself I quit after a while just cuz my arms were tired. Plus, there were a lot of people there I hadn't seen in so long, and lots of other stuff to attend to. No hard feelings, I hope. smile The poi workshop WILL go off next time.Anyway, Knagi, I was totally floored by both your skill and your gear. It was great getting to meet you finally and Suz as well, as well as many others from the eastern US in such a great place. I hope you took the time to enjoy the many non-fire-spinning aspects of the event.

suzmember
12 posts

Posted:
non-fire aspects rocked! Unfortunaly, I didn't get into the spinning mood until too late in the evening, and by then it was kinda finished. Next time I think I would like to do a bit more spinning with others to learn a few things. But I was having so much fun I didn't really care one way or the other.It was great meeting you prote, and others who I can't connect names and faces with right now. Will have to hook up again at the next event. Even with the way too long drive, I think that I am still willing to do it again next spring. And Knagi... hopefully you will want me to stop in Ohio again to take you with me.I had fun and am off to do my final catch up on sleep.Suz