Page:
FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Well as the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer, Wednesday nights in Camperdown park should start ramping up again!Come down to the park from about 7pm, bring your toys, some fuel and have a twirl!We're always looking for some drummers to come along and play along with us, so if anyone knows, or is in a drumming circle that may be interested ... let them know to come down smile------------------Frenzie - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net**Updates to page coming shortly**

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Depends on the week, we've had 30 people there some nights and others not so many

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ARgh all of the New years confest (@Deniliquin) we were banned from fire twirling!!! at Confest!!?! oh the humanity!This fire ban situation in NSW is getting a bit! It have better clear up b4 easter confest cos all the twirlers will head elsewhere.This message has been edited by bender

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Tonight will be the last night that the relay gear is in sydney, so if ya wanna play with it/see it/participate then come down!

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Im not going this week cause its my birthday and im going out to dinner instead!YAY

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
ive been meaning to come for about 2 months now, but have been too lazy to leave my suburb (even though i live in darlington!)that being said, i'll probably be coming down either this week or next week, and i was wondering which part of the park you twirl in? (the cemetery side where the play equip is or the big open area) .. hmm... on second thoughts you probably don't need to answer that one! winksee you all tomorrow (probably!)------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Its the side near the playground, Australia Street side!

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
Sorry.. wasn't there.. went to see Circus Oz instead.. smileI'll be there next week.. promise! smile------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
lol, i wasnt there either, a friend came round just as i was about to leave and wanted to chat and stuff ... then it was about 10 when she left and it was windy and wet and cold... *grin*

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
Hehe.. I was going to come after the circus, but as you said, windy/rainy etc, so I didn't think anybody'd be there.. What time does it usually go until? And do you all ever spin on other nights around this area, all my spinning friends have either moved away or lost interest, so I'm looking for more people to spin with!------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
and here's an odd coincidence..I was at a mates place last night having a nice quiet Friday night (as you do)..I started talking to this guy I didn't know before.. lets just call him "Geoff", and he mentioned that his girlfriend played with fire... sound familiar Frenzie? winkWell, it spun me out anyway... smile------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Yeah he told me he met you ... i was at home sleeping!Um, the night goes til fairly late, as late as people are wanting to stay really!

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
excellent.. well, I'll see you all tomorrow then...------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
damn weather!from near perfect to constant rain!I do like rain though, and the weather, but it isnt conducive to twirling!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
When the rain stops I will be there. Just a newbie & so looking for poi/staff friends (obviously a sad lonely nigel as well). I would love this weather if I could stay in bed all day with some hot chocolate & a book. But alas, it is not to be...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
well, the weather was pretty good for the week up at byron (sorry shanna wink) but if its good next wednesday, ill be back this wednesday!i might even do some spinning (instead of sitting around the whole time!)------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
It does get very social and minimal fire action, but its good to just get up and have a spin and get people started!ill be ordering fire water in the next few weeks, so let me know how much you are after!Hopefully this week the rain will hold off and be nice for us!Looking forward to another spin, might take the video camera down there as well and get some of us on video to have a look at!

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
Ugh.. I knew I'd forget something... I've got my first paid performance on Friday night, and I forgot to get fuel... any idea where I can get Lamp Oil around the city area?That being said, I'll work out how much firewater I need and either email you or tell you on Wednesday...The only thing I have with spinning on Wednesday nights is that you're all so much better than me, so I feel a bit self-conscious being the only one up... But if I'm going to do more performances, I should get used to it! smile...please weather... please!!

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I actually hate getting up and spinning in front of people, its getting easier and easier and Ive always tried to use wednesdays as practice for shows, get up in front of people and have a play.But i much prefer to be hidden in a corner and spinning by myself...

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
i usually try to spin in as much darkness as possible, cause that way i can't see anyone watching.. but after doing a performance for a friend of my little brother (at her school, with about 150 15/16yr olds watching in pretty good light) i've had to be a bit more confident..and they want me to spin at dusk on friday night, so i cant escape...thats it! im just going to spin in front of you all! in the lightest part of the park! and draw as much attention to myself as i can! screw what you think of it! wink------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
you'll be fighting FlashFire for that spot :P

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
hehe.. well, if neither you or her show up again, i'll have the spot to myself just like last week! winkwell??? what's your excuse??? ------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

nexus_sunmember
47 posts

Posted:
We've had the same bad wet weather experience this month but keep in mind that everyone's welcome to come down to Glebe for a twirl & social on Thursday nights around 830/9pm. At least it give us all a couple of twirling oppotunites a week.More info through the club link at www.fireartfanatics.comnexus_sun

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
IF the weather holds out today, I'll pop down to say g'day and have twirl. That's a big IF though, looking out my window at the moment......

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Yeah weather didnt look too promising this morning!Ive order firewater Cryogenic, so yeah, if ya need some for friday, let me know, email me is best frenzie@hotmail.com. It should reach me by friday hopefully!

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
hehe.. you're a week late for the Friday I needed fuel, but Im doing another show with Morgan and 2 others this Friday, so we might need fuel.. He's pretty much organising it though, so I'll ask him...

Bouncemember
37 posts

Posted:
just a few questions for other sydney twirlers...*other than newtown on wednesdays and glebe on thursdays, are there any other times and places in sydney to meet? (work makes it difficult to go to either)and *other than glebe markets, is there any way of getting firewater for cheaper than $10 a bottle? (can't seem to get onto juggleart's website)any help is much appriciated

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey Bounce, If you are anywhere around Artarmon or North Sydney, send me a mail: rozibabe2@angelfire.com.Vaguely looking for someone to practice with & try new moves...R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
www.juggleart.comphone: 03 9417 7772fax: 03 9417 7878email: juggle@ozemail.com.auotherwise i buy 20 litres and if you wanted some and can get to Newtown whenever, bring a container and its $4.80/litre

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Ill bring the firewater down to the park tonight, if you want some, bring a kero container or something similar to fill it up and $4.80 smile

Bouncemember
37 posts

Posted:
bugger! i didn't check the board until today (thursday) - thanks for the offer, i'll let u know if i'm able to make it next week (13th)*Elissa

Page: