Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
I'm back in Britain! What a nightmare the last 2 weeks in the 'states was - I hope no one else got stuck like me because it was no fun at all. Anyways, I'm going to Headcharge this friday at the Arches, Sheffield so if anyone wants to go I'm looking forward to spinning again and would love some company.Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
Im sorry to hear your visit was a nightmare.hope it wont stop you from coming back smile

I smell something burning.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Hey Jo, what did you make your poi's out of in the first portion of your spin on the circles of light video?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hi Jo,I shall most certainly be at Headcharge. It's the first one i've been to for ages (as I missed the Lakeside one). And I'm really looking forward to it. And i'm gonna try out my new invention (briefly b4 the bouncers confiscate it)Hopefully I'll see you there (i have sparkly dreads)------------------C@ntus

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I don't know if Headcharge is an event or a gathering but I figured this thread belongs here! Have fun guys...Jo, I wish I coulda hooked up with you when you were here and I promise, the US is not always so stick up the assish.....well, okay so it is but not this bad! winkGlad you made it back safe. Still want to be a fireman?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

spikeyrichBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
Hi Jo, welcome back to blighty!Im trying to get a Sheffield group together, we are planning to meet at the forum bar, 2pm on saturday 27th(the day after Headcharge so i dont know what state you might be in!?)but if you are up for it i would love to see you there.I am hoping to be able to scrape together enough cash to make it to Headcharge, hope so! I will have blond spikey hair and my name is rich(hence the on-screen name!)c u soon?

as you think so you are, as you imagine so you become.

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
jo...do you go out much in leeds...or do you generally go out in sheffield..??just curiousgoafire

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,Shiznot & Pele: fear not! I had a wonderful time in the US of A and I'm going to start saving for next year's BM as soon as I have a job. And yes, Pele, I may well be a fireman! I think I'll 'forget' to mention my previous job in the interview....Phunky: They are actually gloclubs. You can get all that good stuff from www.globall.com - they are expensive as hell but their warrenty is very good. For example, I broke one of mine by being stupid 3 days before a performance and they fixed it (free) and got it back to me in time.Cantus and spikeyrich: Glad you're going. I'll be wearing a white t shirt and (if I can find my f-ing poi) I'll be playing on and off throughout the night so we should find each other no problem. I can't wait to see your 'invention' Cantus?.?...Goafire: I go out in Leeds too but I prefer the scene in Sheffield. Less beer boys and more friendly people. cheaper drinks too. Where do you go in Leeds?Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Headcharge was cool. And I met a nice young lady.....My invention was well received by the proles but, unfortunately, sneered at by the poi-ers. I kept trying to explain in was just in the prototype stages but to little or no avail.....I can't wait for Halloween Headcharge. The mighty OS1 are playing and the promoters have asked me to do some artwork so I'm over the moon.I hope you all have your costumes ready.Whilst we're on the subject, why were there no spinners and twirlers at Havok (at the arches) last friday? Or, for that matter, very many people at all. I got there at 3am and it was empty. Spent most of the rest of the night chatting up to the girl in the cloakroom frown ------------------C@ntus

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Headcharge Halloween Ball is looming (The Arches, Walker Street, Sheffield, Friday 26th October)Further to my above post I am not providing artwork frown But if Planet Zogg last week was anything to go by there should be loads of spinners &twirlers. And, hopefully, I'm being supplied with some staffs to play with smile------------------C@ntus

Meh