Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
HiI am interested in recruiting poi and staff spinners to start a fire troup in the great uk capital. If you have the skills necessary and are interested please either post here or email me.I need to know soon, as I am sorting out insurance and need to know how many people to provide cover for.I look forward to hearing from youJez

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
hi !my poi master, a kiwi rainbow girl happens to live in London for the moment. Her name is Kat and I gave her your email so she might contact you. She is one hell of a spinner, lucky you !SHine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
hey that sounds sweet, To get like a poi clan going, but it would better in the US.Just an opinion.Later

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
id be up for that...but...i live in leeds.... frown but goodluck with it neway...*smiles*goafire

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Cassandra - I look forward to hearing from your friend she is more than welcome in our troup especially if she is as good as you say she is smileKosmik - If I lived in the US I would, why don't you organize one for yourself you will have plenty of people interested I am sure.GOA - I am trying to get an open type insurance so that anyone who just turns up and performs with us will be insured. So if ever you are in London give me a look and I will love to have you make a guest appearance!!Also I am still looking for more people so come on guys do not be shy, I know there are loads of you in London. If you do not think you are good enough it does not matter still contact me anyway!Thanx in advanceJez

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Jez,When and where, think I may need a few more lifetimes of practice, but wouldn't mind coming down, to meet, greet and learn..M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
HiI'm in London aswell. I am not very good, but I would like to perform to fun, love fire and am always raring to go. If you are having a meet you can contact me at kathryncarey@lycos.comKat ------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

mischivixmember
15 posts

Posted:
Hay JezAwesome idea smileIm'in London (used to go to Tue Drome) have only been doing fire Poi for a couple of months (normal POI for longer) but im learning fast and love it. Would love to be involved, just let me know what to do and i'll be there.HazeX

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Sounds like a grand plan, I live in Tunbridge Wells, which isn't a million miles away from london, I've been doing poi for about a year, and I'm quite good, BTB stuff still does my head in tho!!! Drop me a line at gavin@mazcat.freeserve.co.uk

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
not too close to london but do come down from time to time...dont really think i'm up to it at the moment, but would love to pop along and meet others, find out some more...

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

eyemonkeymember
22 posts

Posted:
i'm interested too. It would be a laugh i rekon. I've got some performing experience at things like the edinburgh festival and other things. I'm okay at poi and staff. some behinf the back stuff going on too.Drop me a line at eyemonkey@hotmail.com cheers.------------------peace out,EyEMonKeY

peace out,EyEMonKeY

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well, If all you guys get together, let me know..Id love to come and watch u do yer thang! Im really interested in getting started.Could anyone tell me if they know of a mail order poi supplier in the u.k....(I live in N.W Scotland)Cheers, Have fun......and who knows after a bit of (or a lot of) practise, I might be joining you!

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
HiI am putting forward the date of Sat 6th October for our first meeting. This will be in St James Park at 1:00pm. I will be in the first bit of field you see as you enter St James from trafalgar square. So you can recognise me I will be spinning my practise poi and I will have my staff with me. If you cannot make it please tell me.Please bring your equipment with you, but as you can guess we will not be able to do fire in St James park, if there is enough people interested we can move on later to do fire elsewhere.Please also start thinking of ideas to put to the group and we can make it a very productive day.One last thing if the weather is bad still turn up as I will arrange a dry place to go.Can't wait to see you allDaveP.S. If any new people who have not contacted me already want to go please e-mail me first so that I know who to expect.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
I'm quite interested, and although I will be not one mintues walk away from st james' at that time... I can't go right then... maybe.could someone email me a mobile # so i could find out where things are happening at a given time? I might get a very short amount of time off during which i would be able to visit briefly...darkstarangel@hotmail.com

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Just wondering if you all met yesterday and how it went !Let me know if you will be getting together next weekend!Love and happi spinninAngie x------------------"If you alway do what youve always done, youll always get what youve always got".....by 'someone wiser than me'

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
angie - we did meet up check out the thread called fire weavers (The name of our new troupe)

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Will you be doing it again? I'd love to meet. By the way im 14 and not the tallest of people so id just be practicising not actually doing gigs and stuff like that... How do you say that without intruding? Feel free to say no.[This message has been edited by Tlight (edited 10 October 2001).]

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Cosmember
3 posts

Posted:
So Jez, do you have to be good for this troupe? Or do you accept novices... and if so, am I too late? Have been looking for something like your gathering for a few months.. but I don't thnk I want to perform exactly.. more for myself you know? Give us a mail if you get a chance... I am in Tooting so not far to go at all! (cosmeister@lycos.co.uk)

Cosmember
3 posts

Posted:
So Jez, do you have to be good for this troupe? Or do you accept novices... and if so, am I too late? Have been looking for something like your gathering for a few months.. but I don't thnk I want to perform exactly.. more for myself you know? Give us a mail if you get a chance... I am in Tooting so not far to go at all! (cosmeister@lycos.co.uk)

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Cos - We do have quite a few social spin meets so if you want to turn up to one. I will put you on my mailing list and inform you when the next one is.

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
hi jez,im kind of in the same situation as cos, I'm not ready for performance yet but would love to catch up with you guys and have a spin! i haven't lit up yet but im planning to soon and would like to hear about your meetings. cool

stay smilin

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Me too! I've only just got back on-line, and I find this going on! Great!!When's the next meet?Tim xxx

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
wicked. now i wish i was still living in london. Im in Gloucestershire so its easy to get to london on the weekends and i have places to stay. Ive performed in front of small audiences before (fire poi) and would love to join u. only thing is - r u practising in te week and doing choregraphed moves or what?

Shadowblademember
57 posts

Posted:
oh you guys that keep thretening to come along should do it.Its so much fun.plus you get to met new people and put a face to a name.keep a look out for our next meetingxxx

Cosmember
3 posts

Posted:
Jez - YEAH! put me on your mailing list... I'm up for the social spinz!

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Jez - If you do an open, social spin can you let me know, would be very cool!Domdom@alternativa.co.uk

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are