Forums > Social Chat > Contact Juggling, I am in love....

Login/Join to Participate

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hi there !I fell in love this summer with contact juggling. Ever seen this breathtaking art , especially when done with a cristal ball rolling all over your body like a waterfall ??? I just feel it would look great combined with poi. Well, for that I'd have to a. learn to actuallly contact juggle andb. find out a way to combine both in my dancing ...All of you, fire people, any idea on how to put fire into such a ball in order to contact juggle with fire ???mmmmm, I am dreaming. smileMagic is everywhere...shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Cassandra, check out https://www.contactjuggling.com/Nomad

4,224 posts

Posted:
Thanks Nomad, allready did. Interesting but not as clear and easy to surf on as the HOP ...And again can't see the videos there I AM SO FRUSTRATED frownshine oncassandra

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Welcome to a whole new world, Cassandra.Contact is one of the most breathtaking, magical and difficult of the manipulation arts.It's great fun to learn and has a good tactile feel that is similar to getting a light massage.There's plenty of books and resources available, although it's best to practice with thuds (soft, beanbag style round juggling balls) to begin with.The most famous contact juggler is Michael Moschen, he's got some unbelievable videos and performances to keep an eye out for.Keep up the practice, it's well worth the effort...------------------Charleshttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
There is a lot of basic info on contact juggling at this site: https://perso.club-internet.fr/darla/english/papillon.html

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Contact juggling is featured in the movie "Labirynth" (has David Bowie in it too, who is supposedly doing the contact juggling, but really isn't). I have been trying to learn this skill for about 10 years now, but only half-heartedly and only good enough to get a few smiles when I'm shooting pool (billiard balls are an excellent for this).renegadejuggler.com had some juggling balls with wicks in the middle once upon a time that I was thinking about trying with contact juggling, but I think the went under as their url doesn't work anymore. frown

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
hah, so much for my powers of memory.It is https://www.renegadejuggling.comDon't
I feel silly now after months of thinking they were closed down!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

4,224 posts

Posted:
Thank you very much. I am happy and not really surprised to see that others here have fallen in love too.Thanks for the site, Vanize, I'll check it all out. It might even be usefull for a few friends. Stone, THANK YOU, these videos which I finally can watch are good for basics... exactly what I need.Charles, trust me, I'll keep up the effort, I am a stubborn donkey when I fall in love winkHas anyone seen it combined with poi or somehing else ?shine onCass

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
The page all the hardcore contact jugglers I know rolleyes seem to use isHere shockedenjoy.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi
[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 21 August 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

4,224 posts

Posted:
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGarbo, you rock winkshine onmuch lovecassandra