Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > NYC, Friday, Aug. 31; Zuni in the park...

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
What?Zuni, poi, other daytime outdoor spinning/twirling stuff.Where?Washington Square Park in Downtown NYC. [Located on W 4th a bit west of Broadway.]When?3pm, Friday, Aug. 31. [This Friday!]Who?Right now it's Gabi and me and whoever the heck else shows up! Newbies and vets welcome!How?N/R/6 to 8th st/NYU/Astor PlaceA/B/C/D/E/F/Q to W 4th (no wait, the B/D/Q are on crack these days... but the others should work.)What if it rains?Er... Dunno. I'll probably still go if it's showers on and off...How will I find you once I'm in the park?I will attach fluorescent weights with tails to strings and swing them around my body in circular motions somewhere near the fountain. (It's a smallish park).Who else is in?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Yeah dude I'll be in,,, however 2 thigns get in my way,,1) My mom ,, even though i'm 18 she can be a real snot about letting me go out, cause i look younger than 182) I promised my friend that if he was going to Sound Factory i'd go, I've never been and i'd like to actually experience it for myself so i can judge whether it really all it's cracked up to be.Ummmm ,, it's ok if i'm a glow stick kid right? i mean your not gonna harass me er nuthin for it right?? hehe j/k I'm sure you guys wouldn't do that

We are defined by the choices we make

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Off topic schpiel:holy crap batman! I can't believe the directions to the park. The obviously were lacking creativity the day they named all those streets.Some of the streets around here have great names : Sugarloaf Crescent, Francis Greenway Drive, The Serpentine, Galston Gorge...Beats west 84th Street!and while I'm on the subject of place names I want to know if there really is a place in Alabama called Cuntlick, or whether it's one of those lovely urban myths...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Sounds pretty cool. One tough question for yah, how long were you planning on playing in the park? [Unfortunately I doubt I can get out of work till around 7 even if it is a holiday weekend frown ]

klubkidnycmember
25 posts

Posted:
yeah boyeee!!! that's kool....i hope i can make it.....cuz you know that job shit gets in the way of all the important shit in life..you know how that goes..but i hope i can get there...naganootch----soundfactory fridays aren't all that saturdays are much better...but your only 18 sooo...... guess thats out of the question.....it gets kinda crowded..not too much room to spin.....but u might enjoy it.....let me know how it went......

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
A little off topic, but if your looking for fun this weekend on Sunday there is a party at Club Exit. Kinda pricey, but its a BIG party.

I smell something burning.

klubkidnycmember
25 posts

Posted:
the party is not at exit....it's been changed...it's at the world on 43rd and b'way.....just thought i'd tell ya.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
NYC Juggler, I'm not sure how long we'll stay. I guess it depends on who shows and what the weather feels like doing.As for Flash Fire, as usual you are wrong. wink In a city as large as NYC I'd MUCH rather have 10 numbered avenues and 250 numbered blocks to deal with. I can get to any of the 2500+ intersections on the grid without asking directions. If you're on the corner of West 8th St. and 6th Ave. and I'm on the corner of 14th street and 2nd ave, I can get to you without needing directions. Especially with the largest underground transportation network in the planet. Perhaps in a town like Sydney, where you only have one or two stoplights, it's easier to get around. :P Though, you do need know your numbers all the way up to 250 to navigate here which you may find confusing. winkDon't dis my city, woman. We eat tourists like you for brunch.[This message has been edited by NYC (edited 31 August 2001).]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
klubkidnyc, I checked with the promoter... he was not aware of this change in plans.the party is called Eletric Circus.

I smell something burning.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
rofl @ NYC...cos I have no knowledge of your city or its inhabitants I can only assume that it's just the way they show it on Seinfeld. wink I can just imagine you being like George. winkAnd all the blokes out here are just like the crocodile hunter. too right, fair dinkum, no wukkin furries mate.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
1:15 am and I'm just getting back. Yet another wonderful day of meeting strangers and making friends thanks to the existance of this wonderful site.We ended up wandering up to Union Square in the evening and lighting up with the drummers, break dancers and other hooligans. What a great Friday night.I'll try to organize something like this again in a few weeks so those that couldn't make it can join our new NYCHOP club.Much love to my new friends. Hope to see you all soon!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]