Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > EARTHDANCE - global dance event 12th/13th Oct

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
What is Earthdance?Earthdance is a collective of international party promoters, artists, musicians and supporters of electronic dance music. Every year on the same day the collective hold parties around the world to raise awareness and funds for world peace. The climax of the event is a synchronized dancefloor linkup when every DJ in every city plays the same track - the "Prayer for Peace" at the same time. In 2001 the fifth annual Earthdance will be held on Saturday 13 October, with 100 cities in 45 countries uniting as one global dancefloor.The Wick Effect will be performing at the Sydney Event along side another fire performance group the FireFlies.Visit https://www.earthdance.org
for global listings. https://www.earthdance.com.au
will provide Australians with regional gathering details.United as one we Dance------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Gonna be a great party and a great cause. All proceeds are donated to charity.At a certain time one song is played at every party in every country at exactly the same time to mark global unity.Pretty cool eh ------------------Frenzie - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net**Updates to page coming shortly**

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
no NY site....grrr.......

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
not that I know a whole lot about US East Coast geography, but surely at least one of these parties is accessible from New York?It will be an amazing event, as it has been every other year. the global link up and the song for peace are really powerful and spiritual.Even if you gotta hire a car and gather some friends, it will be well worth your efforts.USA listings:USA - Appleton, WisconsinUSA - AshevilleUSA -Austin USA -Baltimore USA - Carbondale, Southern IllinoisUSA - Cleveland, Ohio USA - Dallas, Tx USA -Colorado Springs USA - Evansville USA - Hawaii ­ Maui (tbc)USA - LA USA - Miami (tbc)USA - Mount Shasta USA -Northampton, MAUSA - Orlando USA - Philadelphia USA - Pittsburgh USA - PortlandUSA - San Diego USA - San Francisco USA - Santa CruzUSA - Santa FeUSA - Santa RosaUSA - Seattle/Portland USA - Tampa, FlUSA - Tucson, AzUSA - Washington, DC links to specific cities from here:https://www.earthdance.org/ed_PATH1/main_frame_venues.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Hmmm..there isn't one in NYC? Very odd. Well, where pj and I live, Baltimore, is only about 2.5 hours by train from Manhattan, and there's one listed here, although it's the first I've heard of it. That doesn't mean much, though, since I'm not exactly in touch with the dance party thing. But hey, if you were to pop down here for some sightseeing I'm sure we could somehow make it worth your while; if not with a killer dance party then at least with a night in the park with some fire & drums!-prote

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
That sounds like a great idea..if ever we need world peace it is now..kinda confused on how all the DJs play the same song at the same time in different continents.. what about time zones.. it would be the middle of the night in some places and the middle of the day in others..------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
you got it! the song is played during the day here in Oz.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
i just found out about this thing today!!! theres gonna be one here in calgary!(canada) im so totally happy...what for fun

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Its gonna be great, its a 2 night 2 day party here in Australia and its out in the bush. Going to be excellent and Flash and I and Heva are performing there as well!!!

ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Im definately going to the one in amsterdammy fav group HuxFlux will be performingwow, will be so cool.

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
I'm in New York that weekend, and no NYC party!!! Although from what I hear from friends out there the major banned partying and fun years ago.If anyone in NYC knows of an Earthdance event please let me know!

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Sunshinemember
8 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know anything about where the Sydney earthdance is gonna be held?? I really need to know! It sounds mad!! Pls help!

Fire is Life~*

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
checkout earthdance.org this is one of the many parties

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
checkout earthdance.org this is one of the many parties flash fire i am so happy to see this tacked on the board i was about to! this is the most of an event grinWuGgaRoO i think you should explain in the nickname area and also i'm not missing it for the world seriously. if anyone in the area wants to make a carpool i'm down and i have a car. i work till 4pm sat and we could make it all the way to ashville! philli's more like it though!carpool people email mesara

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Sunshine, wont know until the day, all ive heard is that its north of sydney...they had to change the venue at last minute cause of council bullshit.------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
South Africans, get your arses down to the Earthdance celebrations @ the River Sands Farm, Fourways, Johannesburg.'Hybrid' - offspring of the union between fire and drums - will be performing on Saturday eve, 13th October.Don't miss it - it's gonna be a blast!------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
For all you firey people attending the Sydney Earthdance party....I'm about to post a thread in the Relay forum. I'm hoping that Earthdance will be a fabulously firey gathering. Hey... an opportunity to use the relay toys kindly donated by Malcolm and Adam Rice.See you all there. Finn smile

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Re: Sydney EarthdanceThe venue has been announced - we will be partying at Woodstock, near Cowra, about 4 hrs south west of Sydney.Check the local website for full details, and don't forget your camping gear!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
STOP PRESS!!!location has changed, AGAIN... please inform all people going to this event that it will no longer be at Cowra. We don't want people driving 4.5hrs for nothing!Check the website for updates and be sure to call 1900963300 before you leave Sydney.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Excuse my ignorance, but why does the venue keep changing? If this is such an organised event, why is it that you don't know until the day where it will be? That makes it really hard to plan for, especially if you need to organise transport etc.For those that go, why is it so?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i am gonna be at earth dance in Los Angelas, so just look for me in spirit around the globe wherever you are.

anyone got a light?

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
It's because the powers that be don't like dance culture and the events associated with it.Often an event organiser can have permission for a venue/site granted, only to have this decision overturned at the last minute.Development applications (DA) are required to be lodged with the local council before any large event. They are very rarely approved for dance parties. Often, when they are approved, government agencies like the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) override the DA and refuse to allow the event to go ahead at that site.Often police will intervene and refuse to allow the event to go ahead at that site because of the possibility of illicit drugs being consumed/sold at the event.... or sometimes because of the possibility of complaints from nearby residents about noise etc.Often an arrangement will be made with a local property owner. A deal is made and then days, sometimes hours before the party is due to start, the property owner gets cold feet and pulls out.This has led to a situation where promoters and event organisers have been forced into holding events illegally - ie. without permission from local authorities.It's not ideal. Most promoters would prefer to do things legally... but, in the interest of keeping the scene vibrant and true to it's roots, many have gone underground.Illegal party = less chance of being shutdown by the authorities.Most small parties are illegal.With larger parties like Earthdance, it's much harder to do things illegally.... hence the change of venues.Still.... John, the promoter of the event is working frantically at the moment to secure another venue and ensure that Earthdance goes ahead.He has personally guaranteed that it will. I believe him. He has dedicated several months of his life and many thousands of dollars to Earthdance, so that we can gather together in the name of world peace this weekend. Now more than ever, we really need to 'give peace a dance'Finn smile

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Aha, that makes sense. Bit of a shame though - when a bit of tolerance and acceptance is all that's required. Rock on coolade

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Tolerance and Acceptance are not high on The Man's list of social priorities. Anyone living in Australia thinking we are 'doing ok' on the Tolerance front have got about a kilometre thick wool bandage pulled over their eyes...The Man hates any social movement which may change The Way Things Are...cuz change requires a re-allocation of power, and the Establishment may not have as much afterward.For a country with one of the richest multi-cultural heritages in the world, its a really unfunny joke.Josh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
damn the mansave the earthdance!(pick the movie I have mis-quoted and you'll get a brownie point)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Empire Records doll. Now would these be "Special Brownies"? Gwar! Gwar!

Fear the evil monkey!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
o rexy, you're so sexy... smilespecial brownie full of extra goodness for you!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey the sydney venue is now getting closer to sydney, from 4 hrs drive to 1.5 hrs. It'll only take one more venue change and it'll be in martin place! But I wish they'd post the location now.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hello everybodyI'm began poi for one month and would like to meet people in Paris (France) to play in parks or parties...please contact me at this emailjoelle.capitaine@libertysurf.frlove&light for all

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Wee I'm gonna be at this at the P.A convention. Another fire guy I'm not gonna mention his name for certain reasons. Is gonna give me aride out there with him. He's got permission from the promoters to bring his fire toys and fuel. I disagree with everything he's done to do it there but it's his dealings. I'm gonna bring along my simplest set of chains. that clip onto my belt and fit in my pocket so I can run and hide when bad things happen. I'll be whippin around glowsticks most of the night and prolly won't be doing much fire there. See you all on the worldwide dance floor.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey alright I,m glad that all of you are as exited about earthdance as me.I'll be in Portland! keep dace alive PEACE-LOVE-UNITY-RESPECT@#*PLUR*#@

Page: