Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Any body know if theres anygathering going on in Australia in January??

Login/Join to Participate

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
Hey there.. my name is "Sorcha" im from canada it appears that i will be flying out to austrailia to check some stuff out in January or early February, as im finishing school in December ((YAY!!)) I think it would be great if there was some stuff going on providing I can get my fire toys through customs.. if any body has any good ideas message me or e-mail me whateverICQ 9880310E-mail anointed_Cherub@hotmail.com

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
What kind of gathering are you after?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
well, January and February are the best outdoor times in Australia. In january, you've got Confest over New Years; this is a massive "hippy" event with more fire dancers gathered together than I have seen before. This is located near the border between NSW and VIC.The week after New year's we have the Dawning - amazing outdoor dance festival. Located somewhere in coastal northern NSW.2 weeks after that we've got the Rainbow Serpent Festival - another outdoor dance event. This festival has been hailed the best of the best outdoor parties around. Location is somewhere in VIC I think.disclaimer: could be wrong with dates/locations.Aside from those big parties, there is always something virtually every weekend in summer, and Australian outdoor parties are synonomous with firedancing.ENJOY!!------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
groovy!now i just have to persuead my silly friends that this is definatly something they want to go to... thankx for the info..------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Send food, not bombs.

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
If you come down to Melbourne me and my friends will probley be twirling every weekend and when ever posible during the holidays.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Year, Confest over new year is wild. We'll be running Flashpoint beach parties down here in Melbourne over summer. St. Kilda Festival in Feb and Moomba if your still around in March. Oh, almost forgot the Fringe Festival and the traditional after party in the gardens, Earthcore and Rainbow Serpant.Plenty for twirlers me thinks.C'ya, Chris @ Fireworks.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
If you want Pagan gatherings then the Church of All Worlds Pagan Summer Gathering is on the mid north NSW coast, and Gateway 2002 is in Canberra, which is an eclectic Pagan Festival. Fire twirling is very popular at Pagan gatherings. Can't wait for Beltane this year!Email me if you want details.Ade

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
Melbourne.. ok.the pagan festivals sound great.. im pretty much up for anything. my goal is to find some more experianced spinners/staff personsand attempt to learn some thing.. i can for the life of me learn off the net i have to have some one show me then i have to do it.as much as id love to bring my computer outside or rather spin in the house without breaking things.. winkid really love some e-mails and stuff so i can get to know people a bit better before i jsut show up and say "hey you!! yeah you!! best teach me!!" smile------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Send food, not bombs.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
the dawning is in banalbo, near byron bay, the next rainbow serpent is surposed to be in cairns. confest is in deniliquin and their is a million things in betweenenjoy

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'm pretty sure Kate and I will be at Confest over new years, and I know we will be at rainbow Serpent (just outside of Ballerat (150ks west of melbourne) Victoria on jan 26th-28th I think)...dunno if we can teach you anything, but I bet we can help you learn something smileJosh