Page:
ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
sooo...this came out of the cross-continent thread, and some other whacked out ideas...but:i have 150 acres, a river, and a big house in vermont. it's the perfect place for a spin party. we have fire parties almost every weekend already among the 6 of us who spin together, so hey - what's 20 more or so? wink i think we could accomodate about 30 before it got really cramped...spinning in the snow is a total trip, and removes a LOT of the safety concerns, so personally i'm all for doing it before spring. also, that will be better for pele and others who will start faire performing then...so...anyone agree? smile-katja

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
Has anyone mentioned the Music yet? My SO will probably want to come, but he doesn't play with fire... He does however enjoy very much, banging on his Djimbe. Anyone else drum? Can anyone else bring a drum (er?) Just a thought. Pele - Batavia is looking much more doable than all the way up to VT, but then where to put the SO becomes a peculiar problem. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being tied to a roof-rack, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal...

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
yes, music!i'm all for anyone bringing anything they want to play, instrument or recorded. as for drums, i don't drum well, but peregrine and i both belly dance, so if there's drumming at the bonfire, there will definitely be appreciation!i was thinking that i'll set out a separate table for cds where everyone could have their own "pile"...it'll help stuff not get spread out all over the place and hopefully help us keep track of whose is whose...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I think the different musics thing is a great idea, since I know I don't spin to half the music that's been mentioned here on the boards but it'd be a hoot to try!!!!! grinJesse...Head up this way with the SO, we can tie him and my SO to the back of the car and let them clunk around like tin cans??? No really, c'mon this way...it'll work out. 'Sides, it'll give my SO someone non-fire to talk to!!!!! smile He'll love that.I'll bring my munchkin's little drum and such, tho there is no garuntee he'll play...he's sooooo moody rolleyes! I have no idea where he gets it from! winkI also want to say that I have "talked" with Adam who is donating a set of fire poi to the cause. Isn't that awesome? My understanding is they are going to break it in down his way, then we get it, then it goes on from there wherever it's travels take it. He is inlcuding a book for us to write in as well. How cool is that??!!!!I tell you I am getting sooo "fired" up! Okay, bad pun I know but I couldn't resist!
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 22 February 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
woowoo!cool adam!

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
yeah so i am making a drum this weekend so that should be happy. wont know how to play it though...!so excited! can we have this thing NOW? smilePeregrine

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
One of my friend told me about this great week-end you guys are planning in Vermont. I am from France and I just started practicing Poi. I live in New York City and I would love to meet you all and learn from you.I'm not sure about things work though. I wouldn't want to intrude. My e-mail is helenesafir@yahoo.com. Thank you so much in advance.Helene

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
hi, helene!you are absolutely welcome!!!if you don't have a car, you can take the train - just let me know what day you're coming and we'll pick you up in town! it'll be soooo much fun, and we're happy to have you!i can't wait!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Wow! This is getting so cool. At any rate...anyone have a video camera? Maybe we can send video in to Malcolm?I am sooooo excited.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
I think we do have someone coming with a video set up...so yeah we definitely have to send something to malcom...and anyday now i will stop being ridiculously busy and get done with a webpage for this thing...watch this space...Peregrine

cassmember
1 post

Posted:
Your property sounds excellent. If I wasnt on the other side of the world I would be there. We just dont have gatherings like that here.( I'm in Sth Australia)What is meatloaf?!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
RE Sth Australian gatherings... I'd like there to be gatherings...I'm trying!come to the fire twirling meetup on thursday night and we can swap info...I'd really like to get a big enough group together that we could get a real fire twirling party to happen!Josh

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
comments for everyone!!don't worry malcom and aussies - we have several video cameras, and one guy is even coming to film us documentary style! we'll send that along, and then you can be here, virtually at least!as for meatloaf...it's ground beef, onion, and some sauce (some people use steak sauce, others ketchup), and some brown sugar. you form it into a baking dish and bake it till it's done...good ole' americana cuisine!

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
or, if youre in australia, its tomato sauce, not ketchup.... smilewould really like to be an expat in oz againPere

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Humm just cruising though old threads here. Did you guys have a kick ass time the whole thing just dies. Could we assemble another one befor the weather gets gross?

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Page: