AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Magick Happens is a 3 day Pagan festival held in Sydney's Town Hall showcasing Pagan workshops, performances and wares.I'll be giving elementary fire dancing techniques workshops over the three days, as well as performing on the stage at various points over the three days.It will run from Friday 20th July to Sunday 22nd July.More information can be found at:https://www.magickhappens.com.au(Program will be updated in a day or so)Ade

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Sounds great Ade. Can't wait to check it out.Finn smile

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
and for Brisbane people...I'll be running Fire Dancing Workshops at the Brisbane "Magic Happens" from 12-14th August... Phoenix Fire Tribe will also be performing at the feast on the Saturday night.You can link to the Brisbane page off the main Magic Happens site (above) or email me directly and I can give you more info...Bec

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Thanks to Ade the Wick Effect will be performing at Magick Happens in Sydney on Sunday.Finn smile

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
The program has now been updated, and lists the times for workshops and performances by Ade (using the stage name 'Brachychiton' this time) and the Wick Effect smileAde

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
How did the Sydney "Magic Happens" go? We've got the Brisbane version to come in a couple of weeks and I know it'll be completely different, but would love some feedback...We're performing, workshopping and also running a stall selling fire gear and would appreciate and information/suggestions based on your experience of this weekend...Thanks,Bec

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Hey Bec,Magick Happens was great. The numbers were down on previous ones, but I think there was a lot on in Sydney over the weekend. There were a number of highlights of the weekend, including:+ Performing on the steps of Town Hall with both Ribbon and Fire Poi (having the cars beep and people yelling at me as they go by was pretty cool)+ Being filmed for a documentary playing with fire on the steps of Town Hall+ Giving 3 workshops for people who were very keen to learn more (we had a ball)+ Having the Wick Effect perform on Sunday, and having them attend the Sunday workshop to give their thoughts and perspectives (thanks guys)+ Twirling to the drumming sounds of Tarek - that was a buzz+ Getting lots of lovely comments on my new snake tattoo smileBec, as we couldn't have fire inside the town hall, performances were limited to ribbon type stuff. Consequently, a couple of people wanted to know where they could get some non fire alternatives (if you have any to sell it might be good).Also your staff twirling book would be good to have for sale. Lists of groups that people can tap into might also be useful.For the worshop - I had 1.5 hours, and spent about 45 mins on theory and discusison, and the rest of the time learning basic poi and staff moves.So Bec, good luck, have fun, it's a great weeked.Flash, Frenzie or Finn might have other thoughts to add....Feel free to ask anything else you might wat to know about the weekend.Ade

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
This may seem like a stupid question but what exactly is Magick Happens?

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Thanks Ade,sounds like you had a great time...what were the numbers like for your workshops? i know they have capped it at 50, but I am hoping they won't get anywhere near that large... unless it's a very big space!Yes, we'll definitely have the book for sale and lots of info on moonfest and other local twirling gatherings etc - we're fortunate in that they're having a special event on the Saturday night that we can use our fire for - so any local people that haven't seen us perform yet come along! Endangered Sanity, just follow the link at the top of this thread for more info... I don't know much more than what is on their website - so I hope there will be a reasonable turnout... I haven't seen much promotion, but am doing my own to try to get the awareness out there...I think it's basically a festival celebrating pagan, witchy, faerie (and maybe a bit of new-agey) stuff - we'll be performing with fire on the Saturday night and doing some drumming/percussion stage sets over the weekend... it only costs $5.50 to get in which is really reasonable, as there is heaps of entertainment, stalls and workshops are only $10 each... email me if you want more specific infomoonfest@bigpond.com

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Bec, Workshops are capped at 50, but because people have to pay, you shouldn't get more than 15 or so. You can tell the workshop booking people to limit it. I did, and made the groups far more interactive and fun.Sounds like you're well organised.ade[This message has been edited by Ade (edited 24 July 2001).]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey Ade Thanks so much for the weekend! I had a great time performing and participating in your workshop.It was such a shame we couldn't have fire, but I'm sure my arms are now much stronger after using those ribbon staves I made...talk about drag!Your workshop was great and I honestly think that had I been a newbie I would have gained much from it smile From an experienced perspective it also gave me a better idea of teaching people myself. It was well structured and friendly, with small enough numbers to be very interactive and allow time for one-on-one attention.It was great to meet you. no doubt we will be playing with fire together in the near future!blessed be!------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Thanks Flash, see you one Wednesday for sure blushAde

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
Bit late post, but anyway... I caught the Sunday arvo performance and WOW!Major props to all who performed, it was amazing even without fire. Those ribbon-staves were something. =D