Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hello !First of all, please bear with my english : I am a French frog !!!!Sadly enough , it seems that in Paris / France, Poiz and staffs are not that common... Any tips on where to go ?Also : does anyone know about poiz in Madrid / Spain ?sunny regards to all of you beautifull spinners !

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hi cassandra same thing here ;0)Right, there are almost no poiers in our country it's a shame but Hey, it's good for us we're respected ;-) ;-) ;-)Talking about spain I saw last year a group of Poiers near San Sebastian in Spain so you could find a few of them if you search...------------------o]-[DasK]-[o read the trendy lil' citation you prefer instead of this please

o]-[DasK]-[o

4,224 posts

Posted:
Hey Hey Hey ... am I not the only French frog ?Just checked your "fraichu" site ... nice one. wherabout do you live ?thanks for the tips about spain, I am going to Madrid and hope I'll find what I want maybe in the circus school in casa de campo. anyone heard of it ?

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Thanks the site is still in its pre-demo version but... grinI come from Brittany (BZH) In fact I live in Brest... a funky and rainy lil'town near the seaI will reply here to the other topic you launch... there are 2 moderators here and they don't accept people chattin' around on their forums so first rule is email when you want to chat with someone 2nd rule is smile PLUR smile Others are on the top of your screen when you write a message.While speaking about French poi does anyone know if there is something like a poi club/convention/meeting or something like that in france ??? personnaly I know no spinners in brittany so it's was a bit difficult to start. Help would have been...er... helpfull grinWe don't even have a french site speaking about poi a shame !!!PS: But It Will Change this (like Garbo said once I'll be THE change)------------------o]-[DasK]-[o read the trendy lil' citation you prefer instead of this please

o]-[DasK]-[o

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Salut! smileIt's good to see that there are some fellow poi spinners in France. I am from Paris originally. I've lived in Boston for 3 years now but i'll move back probably some time next year. Hopefully the poi scene will have picked up by then (or maybe it's better that it doesn't because, as Dask said, we then remain a rarity).I only spoke to one guy who does poi in France and he said it was limited to the rave scene ("les teufeurs"). I'd love to spin fire in certain places of Paris, say under the bridges of the Seine...Nomad

4,224 posts

Posted:
I enjoyed some beautiful fire sessions with a friend from India on the Pont Neuf at night ... Beautiful !!!I heard some people do it in St Michel too... anyway... we need some action in the city of light. Being a rarity is not the most exciting thing for me, I'd rather have some nice dynamic with other poyers...Cassandra

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hi there,Nomad: as you said before the only few poiers I've seen in France are from the free-party scene.I come from this scene too as I think cassandra do BUTsadly this scene is dying right now in France there's a new law to forbid free-parties since a few weeks now.IMHO The (small) french poi scene will suffer from this law frown------------------o]-[DasK]-[o read the trendy lil' citation you prefer instead of this please

o]-[DasK]-[o

Dimitrimember
26 posts

Posted:
I've been to Paris a couple of times and have discovered a place where jugglers go to hang out and practice. Its in a park in Le Halle(I can't remember the exact spelling-but its north of Pont Neuf). They practice right next to the Merry-go-round. I hope this helps.-Dimitri

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Do poi spinners go there too?Personnally, i'd like to spin fire on top of Montmartre or under the "Arche de la Defense" if it could ever be dark.Nomad

4,224 posts

Posted:
You are right Dimitri, there is some nice spot in Les Halles, but I've never seen spinners so far ... I'll just go and open the spinner section of the place winkOtehr than that, there is also along the seine river by the quai st bernard near the institut du monde arabe a very nice spot for spinning, I go there sometimes - weather permitting- and saw some performers / jogglers as well. The pont des arts is not bad either.Nomad, you are right, finding a dark enough place in Paris , city of light is indeed a problem !!! However, it is just such a good feeling that ... well.. I just do it wherever and despite the light.Went to the Bois de Boulogne last week end and had a cool session, "taught" to some friends who had never spun , all in the sun and with a group of excellent drummers as a background music : heaven !!!Paris feels a bit lonely sometimes and I'm eager to meet some of my fellow spinner ... so whoever is coming to Paris ... please let me know !!!! smileshine onCassandra

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi Cassandra!I don't know anybody who spins poi in Paris but I konw a juggling shop. There may be stuff and material for poi also. I am not sure but it's a beautiful shop anyway. So it's called Acroballes 156, Rue de Faubourg Poisonniere 10eme. Pres du gare du nord..If it interests you..bye

4,224 posts

Posted:
Thanks, Bou, I happen to know the shop and the owner as well. It is a very very good shop but still with not so much about Poi. Anyway, very nice place,thanksShine onCassandra

4,224 posts

Posted:
FYI, I had a CRAZY NIGHT last saturday. Went again to the QUAI ST BERNARD in Paris, at the foot of the Institut du Monde Arabe, by the Seine river....Thought I'd spin some fire with a few friends BUT, suddenly, as if summer had made them all appear out of nowhere, I heard drummers , saw a crowd and saw spinners, firedancers, fire jugglers, fire eaters /breathers ... AMAZING... just a spontaneous gathering. So We joined the party and had an amazing time. thought I'd let you know that there is some nice spinning in Paris after all... smile Dask, Nomad, Galaxy, Pele... just in case you plan to come to Paris ... winkSuch a great feeling !Shine onCassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 25 June 2001).]

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
That sounds pretty amazing Cassandra... SO you finally met other fire spinners uh? Do these people gather like that a lot? I know exactly where that is, i used to rollerskate there. Any problems lighting up?Nomad

4,224 posts

Posted:
C'est HALLUCINANT ! really breathtaking place .No problem lighting up whatsoever, kerdane is flowing everywhere ... NO PROBLEM, only good vibrations and fun. It was crowded you would not beleive, but there is something like a stage where only the spinners stand and we are spinning one after the other or in "duo" or "trio". the drummers where damn good too, they were so much paying attention to our rythm of dancing and following us, then they'd take the lead and we'd follow their crazy rythm... it was such an exchange... woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!! I think they do it throughout the summer everytime there is some nice weather on fridays and saturdays too. Again, real real nice ! You'd all love that for sure. i am going there again next Week end !!!Shine onCassandra

JeannieGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
This is a question to all the French twirlers: (or anyone who knows the answer!)My mom recently came back from a trip to France, and she told me about a town called "Blua". I'm sure that's spelled very wrong. That's my question. Does ANYBODY know what I'm talking about?? tongue "Bloo-ah", "Bleauagh", whatever. I'm butchering the beautiful french language. My father jokingly calls it "Blew-up". If you have any clue what town I mean, please tell me the correct way to spell it! Jeannie------------------"É preciso amar as pessoas como seNão houvesse amanhã." We must love as if there was no tomorrow.

É preciso amar as pessoas como se
Não houvesse amanhã.
We must love as if there was no tomorrow.

4,224 posts

Posted:
Jeannie, the city you are talking about is BLOIS I think... what do you guys reckon ? Nomad , Dask ? Shine onCassandra

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Indeed, Blois. I took a school trip there 15 years ago, can't remember it too well...Nomad

JeannieGOLD Member
18 posts

Posted:
Blois! That's it! Thank you very much!

É preciso amar as pessoas como se
Não houvesse amanhã.
We must love as if there was no tomorrow.

4,224 posts

Posted:
::bump::don't ask me why, but I just wanted to self-bump my own little thread. smileShine onCassandra
Non-Https Image Link

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Nice little thread cassandra smileI will hopefully be participating in the Paris Hitch (hitch hiking from Bath to Paris for charity) again this year. I am keen to do some spinning when I am there but we meet under the Eiffel Tower so I doubt Le Gendames (sp mistake probably - I know) would be too happy, so it would be nice to try and meet up and find somewhere that we could break out a little parrafin. If not I will have to make sure I pack the practice poi so that I can have a play under the tower grinPS nice Eiffel smilie in your sig grin ------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

4,224 posts

Posted:
Mark, as I allready told you offline, this *really* sounds great !!!! Maybe the gendarmes will indeed not be too much into us firedancing under the Eiffel Tower, but there are some other wonderful places for us to burn the night away !!!keep me posted , OK ?Just wondering : haven't read any post from Dask in quite a while : Dask, you still there, Monsieur ? smileShine onCassandra

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Meh

4,224 posts

Posted:
smileno further comments...Shine oncassandra

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
bonjour all smilemy german girlfriend and myself (here in u.k.) -plan on meeting eachother in different locations mid-distance between our respective countries - so paris is on our list smile - we we`re hoping to catch bjork`s concert in paris but we missed out on the tickets... so our meet is postponed a while...i`d love to meet up with some french spinners when we do meet - if possible - i`ll let you know in plenty of timehugs to all...------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i`ve been working around spain the last couple of years and yes there are some madrid based fire spinners - they tend to drift to ibiza/mallorca/tenerife for the summer crowds - but should be back now...i`ve some addresses or e-mails somewhere but next door burned down so a lot of my things are still boxed so i don`t know yet...if i come across anything i`ll post it on h.o.p.merry spinning all smilesee you in gaie paris (i hope) smile------------------swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

4,224 posts

Posted:
YAY ! more people, more energy and fire smilemake sure you or your gf drop me an email,OK ?And btw, Orange is definitely one of my favourite colours smileShine onCassandra

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
May be visiting Paris on 14/15/16. Don't know yet for sure, I'm very indecisive!

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

4,224 posts

Posted:
smilelet me know, Dom, Ok ?Shine onCassandra

4,224 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to say it was wonderfull meeting Dom (aka Alternativa) this week end in Paris.This Home Of Poi website isn't that bad after all and does have some real wonderfull people smileshine oncassandra

Page: