Coopermember
14 posts

Posted:
Hello all, I am just seeing if any of you will be in Thailand this summer? I am going to be there from the 13th of this month untill the 21st of August. So if any of you are in the neighborhood we should get together, maybe party, or even spin alittle! I think I will be coming back with both of my middle finger missing do to the constant wear and tear I will be putting on them. I thought I had a compulsive spinning disorder here, I don't even want to think how often they will be in my hands when I get there. Or if anyone has been there I would also love to here the world of wisdom your experience has taught you!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I will be in Thailand from approx. the 24th of July until the 8th of August. Maybe we can meet up for the Full moon party on the 4th and spin some fire.------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Coopermember
14 posts

Posted:
That sounds good! I will be there on the 15th, and I will be able to keep contact with you through email, so here is mine. (soulsurfer_22@hotmail.com) I can't wait to get there, my buddy is there and he says there is some incredable spinners there. What do you spin? How long, that kind of stuff? I spin glow sticks mostly, I have spun fire about 20 times only. I have my own set and I will be bringing them along with lots of extra wick to make new ones and also for other people too. Cooper[This message has been edited by Cooper (edited 08 June 2001).]

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hi CooperIf my flight to India doesn't work out I might be in Thailand from July 23rd till the 20th of August.I spin fire and comet poi and have spun glowsticks a couple of times. I've also heard there are some incredible spinners in Thailand and I can't wait to get some advice & help (I am entirely H.O.P taught, and great as the site is it's quite hard to viusalize a lot of the moves with.) I started poi a little over a year ago, and lit up for the first time in March, although I'm embarrassed to say I'm still not very good. After the long winter though I have started practising and I'm starting to feel more comfortable with fire poi now. I can't wait to get to Thailand where I can practice daily and spin with other poiers.My email is kathryncarey@lycos.com or kat@gaijin.co.jp. I'll be checking both of those addresses when I'm in Thailand.------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Now you guys be very very sure to keep us appraised of the best spots to go for twirling mentoring, performance etc etc...I may get up to Thailand next year, and I'm interested in traveller twirling advice. smileSeeya,Josh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Coolest place for spinning I saw there was Kho Phan Gha and its full moon party, but for sure, just about any place with some travelers will do.

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Sure, Had Rin on Koh Pagnan. Full moon party, I did that and it was perhaps the best ever grin grin grinAxis.

Coopermember
14 posts

Posted:
Kat: I am leaving for Thailand tomorrow and will arrive on the 15th. If you do come I would love to spin with a fellow spinner. You can get ahold of me with the email I had posted earlier. Hope to see you soon! Or anyone else going to Thailand....Cooper

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
When I get settled in Thailand I'll mail you and hopefully we can meet up somewhere. I will most likely be on Koh Pha ngan studying Thai massage.Till then, enjoy!Kat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

- W B Yeats

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
There is an excellent fire poi teacher (he charges $) on Haad Thien beach on Koh Pangan. He stays @ Haad Thien resort. Just ask around for Fire Tim. If you see him, tell him Chris from Seattle says hi. He can teach just about anyone. He also makes some really nice fire poi.