bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
hello all brisbonians. i would love to meet some of you guys, and i'm passing through brisbo soon, so hey, lets.I've looked at the meet others thing but there are lots of you, so i thought i'd ask on here, wanna poi?draevon, you guys still going sundays?and is moon fest gonna be on soon??cheers y'allbobrob grin

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
hey bobrobit would be cool to get together sometime. how soon are you coming to bris?

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
hey ES, i should be there in a few days, if i can get my arse in gear. you guys got a regular fire night or anything?

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
hello.. it dawned on me we (me and twirling buddy) have not met either of you guys. It's a shame there's 'politics' occasionally between some ppls that twirl and dont wanna be friendly - makes us wonder why cause we like learning AND sharing... if you guys are looking on meeting up and the more the merrier onewheeledweirdo and I love twirling and meeting other people. (even if you do have wrists made from rubber - no discrimination wink ) is lismore dry yet? it was looking a bit wet last time I was in those parts smile------------------The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Hey, I live on the north side of brisbane and I don't really have any decent form of transport so I'm a bit limited. But I get on holidays in a counple of weeks, and I would be interested to meet up with you guys sometime then.Simon.

AmberGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
hii live on the sunny coast.if you guys are gonna have a meet up in brissie i'd love to go.so whens it gonna be?

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
sweeeeeeeet grinthis is gonna be good, but... i've just found out that a friend of mine from back home is staying somewhere in the area and i'm desperately trying to get in touch with him, so i might be staying in (still slightly soggy thanx splat) lismore for a few more days.then, when i do drive to brisbers, i can pick up people along the way in my van, bringing everyone together in a blissful poi union. smilehow many people are interested in planning a bit of a gathering? and when are you free to party??tell yer matesbobrob(moonfest?????)

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
that all sounds pretty cool ... me and my mate live on the northside too (if kelvin grove counts)... in a few weeks we shall be relocating ourselves to ferny grove.. (grove after grove?!?) and are keen for whenever and whatever..bearing in mind of course that our mode of transport is by bicycle.. (we've been just about all over SE Qld and up to Gympie on em!) It would be awesome if it could be on a night other than Friday or Saturday (due to work) but am flexible and so is work smile I know a few ppl who are always up for it so I'll tell them about it as soon as the elusive 'when' is spoken of ... ------------------The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
re moonfest...we're doing a bit of a hibernation thing during winter (I know it's a bit wussy - winter isn't really that cold in Brisbane) - so I'm afraid moon fest won't be on again til September...If you'd like info on fire-related gatherings around Brisbane though, check out the moon fest webpagehttps://communities.msn.com/moonfestor email me with the dates you'll be around and we can organise somethingmoon_fest@hotmail.comA few things coming up kind of soon are*Winter Solstice gathering at Northey St Cityfarm - huge bonfire and always people playing fire - 23rd (?) June - I'll check that...*Cooran Guran Music Making Fire Festival (not quite Brisbane, but close)*United Fire Tribe meeting at the end of the month...and there's sure to be more organised more spontaneously, I'll try to put up the details in subsequent posts...sorry about moon fest... you'll have to visit in September for the big Spring one!

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Splat, you guys are moving to ferny grove? Sweetness! I live in ferny hills, which is less than 5 mins away from ferny grove. And I would be free any time any day from wednesday the 20th to monday the 9th (school holidays grin

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
sweeet mate! I'll let ya know when we've moved there... I hear the air is slightly greener and cleaner out that way. (I've been living in the city for the past 18 months frown )

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
hey again, me + friend should be arriving in brisbane on wednesday at some point. would then onwards be good for anyone? hope the weather's nice grin

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
We are free pretty much all nights (bar fri/sat/sun ... how bad do you wanna do it on one of those nights? smileThe weather has been beautiful so far - I love Brisbane cause it doesn't actually have a proper winter time smile

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Hi all, so I'm in Brisse for prolly 1-2 weeks & was wondering if there are any get togethers going on or perhaps we could reignite one? Just spent a monthish in Byron & it has rekindled my itchy spinning feet/fingers. tc l8rs

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

HOP Newsletter