KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hi FolksI've just been told that World Juggling Day is on June 16th. I am thinking of organizing something to mark the occasion - ultimately an outdoor dance party on the beach or up the mountains, with lots of Poi and juggling performances. If that doesn't work out maybe I will organize a performance at a plaza in the City Centre and try and rope some musicians into accompanying us.Is World Juggling Day celebrated near you and if so, how is the occasion marked? All ideas are welcome please.If you have any good ideas that you are willing to be let poached 'twould be much appreciated.Cheers ?`?@Kat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
O.KI haven't got any response so far - is nobody doing anything for World Jugglind Day!!!Anyhow - Contacting anyone in Japan or anyone going to be in Japan on June 16th. Myself and Chooch are thinking about organizing something but there is the risk of rain to worry about and we want to know if there are any spinners / jugglers interested.If you are interested in coming to Akita and celebrating with fire poi/glowsticks/clubs/balls whatever! mail me at carey-k@pref.akita.jpWould love to hear some feedback from some other's. It would be really nice if we could organise something as both myself and Chooch are the only Poi heads in Akita and we will both be leaving this summer.Kat

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
how much would a plane ticket to japan from florida cost??? my heart lives in japan though ive never been there. thinking about it... {shivers!} spinning on a mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
never heard of juggling day but now im gunna do something big on that day with a bunch of friends

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Ok,so WJD 2001 in Akita is definitely going ahead! We think we are going combine it with a dance party for the evening but the plan is: A stand set up showing people how to make poi and juggling balls. People get to keep what they make and play with them.A few jugglers and poi'ers will be on hand to give lessons and 2 of the guys are going to play with staff.- Then when it starts to get dark,those of us with fire toys will light up, the music will begin and we'll get everyone to dance, juggle and poi the night away.I have a lot of planning to do,but it should be great.Of course, if it rains, we are screwed.Shibaki San - Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.Tickets to Japan and travel within Japan are *expensive*, anywhere from $700 or so upwards !!!!!! But it is truly worth the trip. From June, you can fly to Seoul and from Seoul to Akita. Check out Avia travel www.aviatravel.com and Sta Travel www.statravel.com as they might have good rates. If you do make it over, you are very welcome to crash on a futon in my place.Those of you who aren't contemplating coming to Japan, get together with other spinners/staffers/jugglers if you can and have fun, whether it be on top of a mountain or in your local park.To register for World Juggling Day check out the following site: https://wjd.juggle.org/

- W B Yeats

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Wow Kat, that is very kind of you. I have a friend in Japan right now. Hes an exchange student but is coming back in May. I am still novice at Poi, but perhaps by June I will be graduated to fire! I will definitely look into ticket prices though. My ancestors call me there. I cant imagine anything more breathtaking than taking in the absolute beauty of Japan from so high above. Thinking of it right now, I lost my body back somewhere in America!------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
I think we should do something similar ...sort of like an Earthdance around the world, but have a juggling day around the world. Im gonna look into getting the juggling club at my old uni keen (if they not already) and have a huge day!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
i used 2 live in japan

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey for all the jugglers out there,check out www.juggling.orgI think these guys sort of run juggling day stuff and put links up to your juggling day event....

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
There's a World Juggling Day website at https://wjd.juggle.org/
with, currently, events planned in 25 countries.Apparently there's an event in the planning stage for Akita, Poi included. Or is that you?mikeyB

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hi MikeyBYep that's me. Myself and 5 friends are going to organise something in Akita. Still haven't decided the location but will probably have dj's and 'how to' stands.Should be cool, just hope it doesn't rain.

- W B Yeats

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Well the time is nearly upon us. If anyone in Sydney would like to do something, let me know! If we can get some interest we may very well be able to organise something special!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Ok, I've been needing an excuse to plan a mid-atlantic poifest, and this is now officially it. I was talking with a DJ friend at our spin jam session this evening and not only is he willing to spin, he is fully equipped for mobile (in the woods/on the beach) PA including generator. I'm pretty sure I can get at least one other kickin' DJ out as well. And I've now got two great spots to make this happen. If you can make it to Baltimore, MD on this weekend, be sure to mark the date on your calendar. And stay tuned for details...-p.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
World Juggling Day?@?H“c?@Akita Festivities
Non-Https Image Link
Venue: Senshu park (the green below the castle tower) Admission: Free?@?`?@ bring your own beer,sake and snacks Bring: Drums,guitars, ukulele's,alcohol,juggling balls, fun toys, poi,glowsticks,etc.Kathryn will provide a tank of kerosene for the fire freaks. Time: June 16th (Saturday?j 3pm - 8pm Nijikai:Bashimichi, hipster dj's Fujii et al rocking the house with funky tunes. Note: Cancelled in the event of torrential rain. Current weather forecasts cloudy with a 40% chance of rain. ------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

- W B Yeats

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
https://ca.geocities.com/kathryncarey/poi.html------------------"London
is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

- W B Yeats