Twilightmember
4 posts

Posted:
This is a notice to let everyone know that Incension is now holding weekly practices from 6-11 every Tuesday. Around 10 or 11 each practice, Incension and anyone who cares to join them will also be doing a lit practice/performance at a park about two blocks down from there.

For directions to this event, which is being held in the southbay area in California, please email me:

Twilight@darkmail.com

We recommend that you bring your own set of practice poi or fire poi, however if you don't have this, show up with a pair of socks and two shoelaces...
We have some spare practice poi as well, but these are lent out on a first come, first serve basis...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Workshops~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At various practice sessions, we may also hold workshops with guest teachers/demonstrations. Here is the list of workshops that we are currently looking to put together:

+fire breathing
+wick making
+staff dancing
+body movement
+fire eating
+fire safety
+fuel selection
+poi making
+staff making

We will do our best to give you advance notice of these workshops, along with a list of supplies you may need for some of the more craft oriented workshops. Ones that require special materials will also include a few links for you to do some online shopping. Yes, we know that kevlar wicking is a bitch to get!

If you have any suggestions for other workshops or any workshop you'd like to see us hold, please send me an email, and i'll see what I can do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Photography~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, we would like to inform you that Incension has two professional and experienced fire photographers who would love to do further photo shoots. SO, if you are interested in getting individual or group photos of any fire related activity, I would be more than willing to forward an inquiries along those lines. Our two photographers:

Sheeva Sharifi
StealingTime Studios
Examples of her work can be seen at the following link:

https://www.geocities.com/lui_raven_fan/

Theresa Fremon
Unfortunately Theresa does not have any online examples of her work, however if you are interested in seeing some of her work, please let me know and I will forward you a JPEG.

Both of these photographers have their own unique style, and will be appearing at various practice sessions, SO if you are interested in getting to know either of them, ask around at the practice.

Incension will also sometimes get inquiries for various muli media projects such as documentaries, etc. that are looking for firedancers. We will be sure to post these opportunities on future emails as they are recieved. If you have such a project that you need firedancers for, email me privately.

~~~~~~~~~~~Other Locations~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am aware that some of you are located in some places that may be difficult to get to. The main reason why this location was chosen is because i have gotten a great deal of complaints that not enough firedancing activities are being held in the South Bay. I would be willing to hold a practice session in another locations, however I'm not quite sure where the most need for one is, or a good location for holding one.....If any of you have suggestions along these lines, let me know, and I'll look into it.

Christie
Incension
twilight@darkmail.com