RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
ok.. so I'm doing a rev 5 bt weave because I'm practicing throws and catches, and at some point when the poi are on my left side the left poi (I think) manges to hit the top of my left bicep, and bounce back into an airwrap/hyperloop...

I don't know how I do it, but its happend about 6-7 times now.. It looks sweet, so if anyone can do this, please enlighten me as to how I'm doing it.. I'd love to be able to do it on purpose..

*update* I think that I'm bringing the left arm inside and letting the left poi hit and recoil to a forward direction, which strikes the incoming (reverse) right poi resulting in a reverse spinning airwrap/hyperloop?!?

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I have an aswer for u. When u wrap one poi from backward weave over your bicept u can get into Butterfly hyperloop and continue turn.

POI THEO(R)IST

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Its happened a few more time, and it might be the right poi off the left bicep, recoil into the left poi as it comes up...

*Growls really big*

I can't tell if its the left or the right that hits because it happens so fast, but in some ironic way its not a butterfly hyperloop, because they keep turning the same direction of the weave... I think the reason it doesn't butterfly like it should is because the recoil isn't strong and I think the recoiling poi changes direction when hit with the poi still in the weave.. but again I'm talking out my ass, because I have no clue what i'm doing..

it doesn't help that the hyperloop occurs higher then my bicep involving only a quarter of the string on each poi.. as opposed to a normal hyperloop that occurs in the middle..

uber-confusing..

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
well I dunno what I was doing, but I know that you can do a reverse weave, and let one poi hit your bicep.. as it recoils back the other way the next poi should hit the bicep.. this should cut off the string of the recoiling poi and cause them both to enter into a forward airwrap/hyperloop..

ok..maybe that's not a clear description.. basically wrap one poi off the bicep which will recoil it into a butterfly hyperloop, but instead of letting it butterfly, have the 2nd poi hit and recoil off the bicep and it will be a forward hyperloop.

ok.. maybe that was worse..

ah well..