Posted:
hey everyone. im pretty new to poi and can do some basic stuff (weave, 5 beat weave, butterfly and alot of its variations, etc.) but what i am having alot of problems with is the reverse weave. i keep screwing it up cuz im so used to not doing the weave reversed. any tips to help me master the reverse weave?

-Ah Canada. the land of four A's-There's only three a's in canada-...THE LIES!!!!THE LIES!!!!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
its exactly the same, but backwards, and upside down, the hand cross underneith instead on ontop.

Use a stick.

If your new, ill give you one more peaice of advice that should last you many months:

use the search function up there. *points*

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I learned it this way, and have successfully had 6 people learn reverse weave from me this way:

Do a forwards weave, and as your right hand crosses over to your left side, "follow" the poi and turn 180 degrees. You'll hit yourself quite a few times before you get it, but one of the times you'll do it and it'll just click. Then work on doing it without going from forward to reverse.

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
try doing it while looking in a mirror.it takes a few to get used to looking at everything backwards
but it help me get alot of my btb stuff being able to watch the poi.

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
i'd have to agree with the "do the forward weave and just turn a 180 " method.
It worked for me and one of my friends.
-- jon

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I had so much trouble with this one. Ive been spinning for a few months and it has completely eluded me! Until this week!!!

I agree with the turn method, much easier than just starting from reverse spinning.
Do exactly what Millenium said but dont quite turn the whole way around, just a few degrees less (so your left poi should be going under your right arm) and then it should all just follow. (im a leftie so trying to turn everything backwards )
But of course first practice both movements with only one poi until you can get it without thinking about it, then try the turn!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
From personal experience i was trying for so long to do backward weave then started doing 180 turns and everything just slides in to place

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

Jillmember
6 posts

Posted:
Well, i have discovered (sorry if i am late on this, i haven't read all the previous posts) that you can uses poles and hand rails to change the direction of your swinging. Just swing the poi around a rail or pole and when they are wrapped around, pull to reverse swinging, just like wraps.

I couldn't love you more.

(b)twirler)member
3 posts

Posted:
one i like is ill reverse it on my legs (wearing long jeans of corse) and go from the reverse and do a 180 to the front position. from there another 180 back to the reverse.

be who you are and say what you mean because those who mind dont matter and those who dont mind matter.