BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Ok, so i can do a buzzsaw pretty well and can incorporate it into the weave (whats that called btw?) and im sorta stuck! What else can you do or go into from a buzzsaw? Ive been experimenting but it doesnt seem to work!

Any help would be appreciate,
Ta muchly

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Can a fountainyish type move where you move across into a rvs buzzsaw and back to forward again. Go high on one side and low on the other. You can isolate it too if you can...I can't really...

You can stall one of the poi and then you're into a butterfly buzzsaw. There's loads of variations on that then...including butterfly hyperloops.
Some of this came from here and there's more stuff too.

You can go into flowers from either of the above buzzsaws....

I'm sure there's loads more stuff too...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
. . . not to forget the horizontal buzzsaw and its variations. Try to incorporate a buzzsaw into a corkscrew

Have fun

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I'm a buzzsaw fiend for the last few months. if you get really good with what poibox mentioned, and can move in and out of the corkscrew (with shortened chains) and into the horizontal buzzsaw semi continuously (putting irregular beats hear and there) while throwing in some speed variations between the hands so that sometimes the poi are 180 deg. apart and sometimes together and sometimes one at double speed (during the buz part) - it can look really trippy.

also very popular with audiences is a buzzsaw or a butterfly buzzsaw combined with a deep back bend.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Funny, this is exactly what I've been working on for the last few days.

It was explained to me by one of my poi yoda's (Dai!) that weaves, windmills and the like are all 'outside' moves, done on both sides of the arms. Whereas buzzsaws and variants are all 'inside' moves. Up until a month or two ago, I didn't do ANY inside moves and have since become obsessed with them. It took an old guy like me a while to learn buzzsaws forward and backwards.

While in London someone said you can go from forward buzzsaw to reverse with only one 'outside' pass. I've found you can do it without any outside passes.

You've also got a 'watermill' which is the natural move separating a forward and reverse buzzsaw. A watermill is an upside down windmill done between the legs, though it can be done without going btl.

Once you can do a buzzsaw fountain, you can move the buzzsaw anywhere: Behind you, to one side back over your head... whatever.

From that, you can isolate them at any point. Then hyperloop, butterfly buzzsaw everything, isolate butterfly buzzsaws... the possibilities are many.

Of course, I can't DO any of them. Heck, I can barely reverse buzzsaw. But that's my 'all talk' style.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
It must be something in the air lately, because I'm also in love with buzzsaws nowadays. I thought they were spiff when I was just doing them with backbends and slipping them into the middle of weaves (Beth, I'd call that a buzzsaw weave, maybe?)... and then I finally managed to get them horizontal and spin with them as if they were cutting me in half at the waist, and to fountain them, and now I can't stop trying to do all that other stuff with 'em, too.

E pluribus unum, baby.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
You're doing better than me with the buzzsaw!

All I seem to be able to achieve is hitting myself on the chin!!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Take a break and spin them backwards, then you'll hit yourself on the top of the head.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
see if i could do a fountain id be ok! havent quite got that down yet Been waaaaaay too cold to do any serious practicing Least i can do little buzzsaw moves inside yay for having high ceilings!!

Thanks all for your help, im getting there!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I tried spinning backwards!!

Glowsticks in the eyes *really* hurt!

Still perserverance!!!!

one day maybe!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I also do a combination butterfly/butterfly buzzsaw spin. start with a butterfly, turn 90 deg into a butterfly buzzsaw, another 90 into reverse butterfly, keep going another 90 through another butterbuzz, and finally back into the forward butterfly - one beat on each. I can go round and round like this forever, it just feels so good! but eventually I get concerned about the people watching getting bored so I move on to something else.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh werd! Nice Van!

I love when you start a new family of moves and you get to see it totally unfold infront of you.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
birdsanctuary - perhaps you simply need to shorten your chains a bit more.

E pluribus unum, baby.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Yeah the inside turns from fwd-rev for butterflies look really nice, especially with quite long poi.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
This is a nice buzz saw move;
so you are in fwd Buzz, bring it up and over your head going into a back bend with saw still at your face. then bring the saw down in front, like sawing down your body bending forwards the saw goes between your legs and you do a Front Summersalt. still in buzz saw but now on ground you can do any number of floor routeen stuff (with your short wraped cains).
Or you can keep doing summersalts, but getting right back up and under legs agian and again.

Grass is nice for this move, hard floors hurt

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yo vanize, Big ups yo! I played with transitions from TTN into buzzsaw butterflies and it's so easy I can't believe I did't think of it sooner (well, like I said, buzzsaws are new to me so I'll give myself a break.)

It's really nice to be able to hit a beat of buzzsaw-butterfly at 90degrees between forward TTN and reverse.

FUN FUN!!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]