NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Here's a new move that I invented by having a guy I just met at the park show me how.

I guess it's on some of the glowstick vids and is popular in the glow crowd.

It's a bit tough to explain but I did want to start a thead because I hadn't seen it before and was wondering whatelse could be done with it.

A tracer is:
A recoil wrap that doesn't recoil and is dragged around a body part.

Knee tracer:
Let's start from a reverse butterfly. Stick out your right knee bent infront of you. Wrap the right poi around your right kneecap but don't recoil it... just let it die. Now move your hand around your knee the other way so the glowstick traces around you knee being dragged by the hand. Now flick it off when youre done and you should be in some 'weave' variant.

Also can be done elbow and neck.

Enjoy. (And props the the guy who taught me!)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
I hate to be always referring to my vid, but traces are nothing new, and were first done by the chicago glowstringers and if you want to see some tracer action go download the TT video in the video forum section..

And if you REALLY think you "invented" that move..man, you are insane.

toodles

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
shok - read that first line more carefully and notice the wink smiley signalling a small taking of the proverbial piss.
but yes, he is insane

anyhoo, much respect for that video - the mind games stuff i'd only ever seen a little of before and i love the catch-release-catch ones.
tis nice to see some glow spinners with nice tight technical moves (lots of wicked waistwrap and btl stuff there ) as well as the standard glowsticktastic wrap combos.

if you could though, to make it a bit more obvious, could you give us a few times at which we can see some tracers on the tt video please (something like "at 3 minutes 12 seconds there is an elbow tracer")?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Shoc, I gave you full credit in my own sarcastic way. Indeed, read the rest of my first sentence (or the last sentence!) I didn't know what they were called.

I really just wanted to start a thread since I think tracers have not yet jumped from the Glowstick crowd to the Poi crowd. I hadn't seen anything like it in the poi crowd yet.

I have not, nor will ever, invent any poi move. I am a copycat, wanna be, weekend warrior, old man, who wasn't ever and will never be.

I know that HoP is a little different than some raver communities (maybe not yours but some) in that we're pretty open with our moves. I was hoping that someone could expand on tracers and give us some more ideas on where/how/when they could be done.

That was actually the real reason for me posting in the first place.

Is there any way you could expand on the genre which is indeed old but 'new here'?

All props to the klub kids.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
Lol, Sorry for having jumped on you like that. I misread the post, its just I kinda get frustrated when people claim to invent moves, but after rereading your post I realized you werent really inferring that.

So anyways, yes you are correct on what a tracer is in your explanation, and Fuze, Lil Ditty, and Matrix do a lot of them in the video. The only problem I see, is that they are impossible to do with heavy poi and especially fire poi. It has always been considered a Glowstick move. But if you can pull them off with your poi set, then thats awesome, but I find it hard and dangerous lol.

I'll write a more detailed explanation on how to do them later, I have to go to class now. Damn college courses....

peace

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
hmmm
I'm gonna have to try that.. I just started getting into weird wrappage like taking a one handed butterfly and letting it wrap all the way around the other arm, and then recoil.. I happen to like that one because its fun to walk up to people and tell them to stick their arm out and watch them get lost in the spiral... I'm hoping to get my one-hand BF sideways so I can have them sitck both arms out and bounce the BF back and forth off each arm..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
sounds cool.. i dont really understand from the explanation though, and i feel dumb, but i cant seem to find any "tt" video in the videos section of the site.
: :

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Impossible with fire poi?
Nah! I see this as a great way of cutting down the amount of time spent shaving legs.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
not impossible, just pull harder. and don't use abrasive chains. mmm, friction.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Works well with fire. It reads as a wrap of slightly different flavor.

You rock Shok.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
quote:
...and i feel dumb, but i cant seem to find any "tt" video in the videos section of the site.
: :
Don't feel dumb ... I looked for that too it's refering to Tekno Turtles (I think), very cool vid.

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!