Page:
shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
ok i have searched and i cant determine if there is any difference between hyper loops and air wraps. it sounds like the same trick to me. is it?

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
Same trick.

401 posts

Posted:
thx, for a second there i thought i was gonna have to learn sumthin else

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
if you realy want to know, there are different deffinitions depending on who is talking. In other words, nobody can agree on a standard definition....

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I always defined them as airwraps tangle and untangle in the same spot. Hyperloops tangle on one side and untangle on the other (buzzsaw hyp, hyp weave).

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Excellent question. I was taught in London by some of the kids that named em' that a hyperloop has your hands above each other (vertically) and an airwrap has the hands next to each other (horizontally.)

But this post makes both me, and the London kids sound eliteist so I'll back pedal...

"Gee, I don't know, it's random, names are stupid anyway, I just type random letters into my keyboard for each move and then call people names when they don't understand me. How do you do a behind the back fdhkdsafhewryafhewihodhafdihrewhiuhfdahlhuewiuhfewuhfehlfhfahafeufehufeahlfdlnfdhlfhufewhuifahulfehulfeahuifeahuilfeauilflhuifdsauhilfdsuhilfdsuhl?"

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
airwraps are where you mess up

hyperloops are where you mess up, but try and make it look like you meant to do it

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
ok, if you want to get all latin-ish....this is where I am coming from.

Hyper: means several things depending on the word that comes after it but generaly a good meaning is FASTER. Which is what the poi heads do when you enter into a "hyperloop"

that is: the chains cross at the midway point and the poi complete a rotation in less time. Thus... "hyper" meaning faster and "loop" meaning circle. Its latin baby, learn the language.

Airwrap can have two different meanings, but generaly the one I perfer is the one where the chains wrap near the handles. then unwrap on the opposite side of the body.

(I have seen the word airwrap applied to a hyperloop type thing that happens from a windmill yet occures at the 1/3 point, closer to heads than handles.)

OK so this is my official opinion.

The English (as far as I can tell) started using a chain wrap and calling it the hyperloop, first.

Theirs' involved one chain wraping at mid chain and the other at the handle....

However, I took their lopsided "hyperloop", and made it symetrical, then both chains wrapped at mid chain and this made sence to call it a hyperloop because "hyper" means faster, and that is what the poi did... go faster.

Airwrap made sence for the handle sided chain wraps, because a wrap (or thru wrap) is almost the same except the chain touches the wrist instead of the other chain. So, by this method, airwraps were just a slight variation on the standard wrist (or arm) wrap.

Hyperloops used a latin root and so along with it came the latin meaning. Which of course I have been using for many many moons... being a scientist and all, we are forced to learn and use it.

So... does this begin to make sence

I will not argue who developed what first. But I do belive I have thought of and can do more mid chain wraps than anybody else...right now.... I could be wrong, but the video evidence points to ME ME ME. Surely there are a few people who can do more (ARASHI....?) But nobody who can do more has put them on video. So...

I un-ashamedly belive that I am right and everybody else is wrong....

Just joking....

Anyways, I belive my nomenclature makes more sence from a gramatical and root-word-structure point of view.

Their nomenclature only makes sence from a "I named it" point of view.

It is like calling a move by an artistic name, example "Chase deez nutzles" vs. the technical (mathmatical) name "same time between the legs alternate low chase" or something like that....

Anyways, if my vote counts for anything, I vote we make hand positions void and focus on the poi.

Hand positions are less relevant, a three beat weave can be done with many different hand positions (I have video evidence of this as well). But the poi heads must be doing the same thing with all of them.

Same with a hyperloops, airwraps, etc. A slight change in hand possition and the move still works the same. But change the path or wrap point and the POI move changes more dramaticaly.

I realy want to comet o a general agreement about this.

As far as I can tell "airwrap" has been in use for over three years, and it describes the act of wraping the chains together close to the poi handles. It is a slight variation on the five, or six or seven,(etc) beat wrist wrap weave.

"hyperloop" is a newer term, but the LATIN root sugests a circle which moves faster, and that is what happens with "mid chain on chain wraps"

Calling them Airwrap and hyperloop based on hand possition seems totaly wrong to me.

My personal favorite is arashi's term "Gordian Knots" (did I spell that right?)

so by my deffinition, you could have a over/under (O/U) half hyperloop weave. which is what I would call the move glass does on his first video (the contact staff one)

O/U describes the hand positions, hyperloop describes the location of the wrap point (half because one poi wraps at the handle and one at mid chain) and weave because it was from a weave he did it.

I think this is the best technical description, but it is also the most mathmatical description... I think...

so, I do a lot of side by side, (full) hyperloop weaves. and sbs hyperloop buterflys.

can we have a vote?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
btw, I don't want to sound like an elitest @ hole. but I think my names are the best....

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I had been confused by all this too. I think someone posted the tendancy to have your hands in a certain position when doing airwraps/hyperloops to make each easiest, maybe this is what caused confusion.

On the whole I agree with that and it is what I thought things were until someone said that airwraps always unwrap in the same place (ie only the one third the way down one)

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
the confusion has arisen because these moves have developed so much in the last year and choosing names had to be done as and when the moves were discovered.
since different people discovered the same things around the same time but all over the shop, they got a bunch of different names.

to add my little bit here, the origins of the names for me were:

i think tony touch (oj) mentioned 'airwrap' to me originally, referring to the by the hands string tangles to add beats to a weave.

then i saw glass' video and the jedi set thread introduced me to 'hyperloops'.
glass did state that his hyperloops were poor on that video and the move was actually a mid string tangle - still, i think we got the idea as the new timing was the key.
it was also suggested back then that hyperloops are a special kind of airwrap (ie. hyperloops are in the airwrap family).

finally someone showed me a basic airwrap (what dan referred to as 'a hyperloop type thing that happens from a windmill yet occures at the 1/3 point, closer to heads than handles' - nice name by the way dan ).

so the way i think of it is:

airwrap - is a family of moves, defined by the fact that in all airwraps, there is a string tangle.

hyperloop - a set of moves in the airwrap family with the tangle halfway down the string and the tangled poi being transferred across the body to untangle.

i would agree now that hand position is irrelevant to names but do have an effect on how difficult the move is; o/u hyperloops are easier than sbs ones, buzzsawed hyperloops are easier sbs than o/u and basic (static) airwraps are easiest sbs.

(and just as an aside, i saw blookat and dom doing double static airwraps at the weekend. seriously head twisty!)

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

Dan man, your taking credit for making then go mid chain? :burnyburny: And I recon if we had a loop-off between you bluecat and dom (with maybe me and glass on the sidelines heckling) it would be very close.

I agree with colman, its a whole family the airwrap family, but i think we kneed a word to differentiate between ones that unwind because it crosses the body and thouse that only cross relative to the strings. although this may be a false distinction Im not good enough to apreachate.

That was my oar...

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
@ the loop-off

I'm going for same thing.

i used to think they were different(airwraps happen in same place, hyperloops movef from one side to another.) but then i learnt them properly and they are the same thing just with differing degrees of handmovement.

where they tangle on the chain has no bearing on what move it is tho....

tom i think you need to change your def tho. cause they cross relative to the hands, not the strings...(show ya later )

for dan

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
eeerm. should have edited but obviously i wanted the extra post

tom i agree we still need the distinction but look at the lastlineof the above post...

xR

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

401 posts

Posted:
whats in a name anyway
a loop by any other name would smell as sweet
there fun and i guess thats all that matters

thanks for info ppls appreciate it

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Bluecat, you're right of course, the possition of the wrap on the chain has :EDIT: LITTLE bearing with most moves. However, some cna only be done from teh mid-chain point. If you don't belive me, check the hyperlopops tutorial again, the corkscrew character that begins as a butterfly can only be done at mid chain or near the head. but not at the handles because of the dynamics involved.... (can't does not equal imposible, just unlikely)

Another point, I recently discoverd that you can enter a "weave hyperloop" and exit it on the same side, after going to the opposite side.

In other words, enter on left, move to right, then back to left for the exit. Or oyu can enter on left and exit on right.

SO... I am glad we can discuss this....

Oh yea nix?, I am not claiming to have been the sole inventor of dual mid chain wraps, but I am the first person I saw do them symetricaly. (side by side hands, unlike glass who did O/U)

For the record, glass is the first I saw do them at mid chain. But the close handle chain wraps I have been doing sionce the begining..

[ 02. October 2003, 15:21: Message edited by: DJ Dantana ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
so....

there are many types of chain-on-chain-wraps.

there are different ones based on hand possition.
the hands can be O/U or SbS, or at other variouse positions.

there are differnt ones based on where the chains touch eachother. Thje chains can touch close to the handles, in the middle or near the heads. or any combination.

The chain on chain wraps can be done from weaves, butteflys, corkscrews, or other planes.

The wraps can enter and exit on the same side of on opposite sides of the body.

there are also chain on chain wraps that have a "recoil wrap" somewhere. That is the chains wrap on eachother and then one or both wrap on a part of the body.

on a side note: (I personaly have seen four different mcomcw that utilized the corkscrew character. One begins as a butterfly. one begins as a corkscrew. one begins as a corkscrew but moves like a sideways weave mid-chain on mid-chain wrap. one is to hard to explain....)

anyways, these are things we agree on.

What we disagree on is what to call the variouse elements in variouse combinations.

We must come up with a uniform naming system. I will be the first to voluntier that I will change the way I name stuff... if neccisary.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
in the meen time, I will offer some humble sugestions.

for hand possitions involving mostly weaves and butterflys.

O/U = over under

SbS = side by side

For the possition of the wrap on the chain.

mc = mid chain

head = a wrap near the poi head

handle = wrap near the handle

so, we have hand possition and possition along the chain.

then we simply call it by the closes poi move.

Next we must name how it exits.

ss = same side

op = oposite side

dc = double cross, where the poi enter on one side cross over then cross back over again to unwrap.
so....

side by side, mid-chain, oposite side exit, buzzsaw weave is the one I do a lot. most of you have seen it.

you will notice I discarded the "hyperloop, airwrap" terms.

I would still like to call the mid-chain-wraps as "hyperloops"

and the handle wraps as "chain wraps"

and the head wraps as "air-wraps".

what do you guys think?

We could then simply describe them by the hand possition O/U verses SBS

and the poi move (butterfly, weave, corkscrew, windmill, buzzsaw)

well? any takers?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
quote:
I recently discoverd that you can enter a "weave hyperloop" and exit it on the same side, after going to the opposite side.

don't stop there. You can do things like: wrap on left, go to centre, back to left, 180 turn to centre, left, centre, 180 turn back, and right to unwrap. Corkscrew can bounce above and below your hands still wrapped. etc... As long as the tangles/untangles match then anything's possible, but you have to keep adding momentum, which can make it look sloppy or odd.

richee does a lot of this kinda stuff and I reckon it looks pretty impressive.

And no, we don't have video.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
ITs cool, no video needed. I understand. IThe corkscrew bouce is a cool one, it is one of the first I learned.

@ loop off.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
forgot to mention you can add a head wrap at the end of the corkscrew bounce.

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Dantana:
ITs cool, no video needed. I understand.
Hey! What about the rest of us who sort of understand but aren't quite sure wether we understand it right or not... we need a video

Pleeeeeease! pretty pleeeeeease!

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
bump...

come on guys, lets hear some votes for naming these bad boys

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

shadow stepping:
don't learn either, there are far more simple elegant and beautiful things to do with poi.
ok.
how do we say....
A large amount of "terminological inaccuracies" are posted on the subject.
and most of what is written on this board and most of what is written in this thread is innacurate.
(even some of the stuff I posted over a year ago, when Was trying to make sense of what this area of poi was. I made this mistake only once of posting a move on hop without fully understanding it, and for that I'm sorry I haven't done it since)

shaddow stepping: I suggest you explore this area of poi for yourself, and find the possibilities that you like.
If you can climb up the pillar and drink the water at the top, you can have the answer, but be warned, there is a cat that will try to stop you drinking it, and many who will offer helpful advice that you should go another way.

For me I found the most important things to be found on HOP were with the people who were experimenting and discussing quietly a few steps out of the light, rather than those shouting by the fireside.
Unfortunately it seems to be a failing in me that I can't explain moves to you in a way that you can understand, so with regret, after many attempts I gave up trying to describe moves to you, many months ago.

But still it seems that you don't understand the difference between an airwrap and a hyperloop.
I'll repeat that, judging by everything that you have written, and
given that it seems that considering yourself to be an expert on the subject, you do not know what the fundamental diffence between a hyperloop and an airwrap is.
and thats a pity,
as you type so much advice on the subject, and this verbosity has contributed greatly to the confused situation we are in now.

Sorry for saying rude things like "you're wrong" terible hop etiquette, but i'm a bit too ill at the moment and sadly no energy for pleasentries.
Hope you don't take it too personally. or are a least smart enough to ignore this old pom.

If the geek who named hyperloops didn't understand latin then its unlikely that the name has latin origins!.
oh, and hyper- (as a prefix) means: over or beyond. apparently it comes from the greek huper-
(source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)

back to hyperloops:
I have described with words too many moves on HOP.

the same question will come up over and over.
I reckon that there is no point in describing more water. you want to know about the water, go dig out "teaching moves...or the longest post ever" in the helps sections.

I have no intention of explaining the differences between them again....
but here are clues and then those who are exploring can cut their own path, and maybe you will pass me sitting on the way, and they won't need an explaination. but maybe you can fill in some gaps for me.
clues for the clueless:
airwrap (fundamental family member) 2 circles in the wrap, The hands stay still through the move.

the main member of the hyperloop family is a 3 circle hyperloop at the middle of bith chains.
compare cross follow (3 circle weave) with 2 circle weave. if you just say weave you mean 3 circle, it should be the same in hyperloops, but most peeps inaccurtate on this.
almost all of those that you see are 2 circle hyperloops (which are one step different from a hyperloop (3circle) and 2 steps different from an airwrap hence it keeps the hyperloop name, just...

what you do before and after the hyperloop doesn't make any difference, if you want to do them out of weaves or windmills or waist wraps.
groovy, nice variations.
I reckon, just stick either of them in anywhere you can do a separation with you poi, to get the chains to cross.

Sorry, to the miffed,
Yawns. hope I haven't sent you all to sleep with another epic.
now where did I leave those acrylics

[ 08. October 2003, 11:52: Message edited by: Glåss ]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Roaring cheers from the old skool spinners who have moved on to other things.

Roaring cheers from the newbies like myself who so rarely get a glimpse.

Roaring cheers from those of us desperately trying to make sense of it all in a vacuum.

I was wondering where the hell you were glass?!?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
confusing things as usual.

Over; above; beyond: hypercharge.
Excessive; excessively: hypercritical.
Existing in more than three dimensions: hyperspace.
Linked or arranged nonsequentially: hypertext.

Main Entry: hy·per
Pronunciation: 'hI-p&r
Function: adjective
Etymology: short for hyperactive
Date: 1971
1 : HIGH-STRUNG, EXCITABLE; also : highly excited
2 : extremely active

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
What up glass?

First of all, much respect

I know you have spent endless hours writing about this stuff, all for nothing. To understand why, please read further.

And don't take this badly, I am simply being honest about how I feel.

*edit: you see above sentence? It was in there the first time. I wasn't trying to be confrontational.*

Your crew are not the only ones who came up with this stuff, nor do you all have the sole right to name it. *edit: airwrap was a term already in use befor you used it:*

If text based descriptions were any good, you wouldn't be confusing the hell out of so many people (people like me) with endless babble.

*edit:babble-as in the "tower of babble", someone saying something which someone else cannot understand, ever:*

You said it yourself. This is a new realm of possibilities. What makes you think you own this realm? *edit:sorry, what I ment to say was "You do not own it" but I can see how that would seem confrontational, sorry no offence intended:

If you would get off you ass (that is ARSE) and post a video with more than one type of "hyperloop" in it....then MAYBE "your" naming system would be accepted and used. As it is you have sat on your (I've heard some girls say "sexy" ) posterior (while typing at the computer) and left all the real teaching to me. Thus contributing to this mess.

*edit: just venting some "post tramatic" tension after reading 20 hours of "babble" which only gave me a headache. Where as one VIDEO would have saved my head from hours of torment. *

Yes, I am a major contributer to this mix up. Sorry for inventing so many new moves all by myself. (end sarcasm) But it is also YOUR fault for not inventing and publishing on video the moves and the terms.

99% of people CANNOT learn a move based on text description. And it is hard as hell to write it in the first place. Which means you have wasted much of your time and mine.

*edit: sorry, "wasted" is a little harsh, surely I learned something, what it is I cannot say. and your lecturing did cause me to learn something, just (apparently) not what you were trying to teach me.*

I was forced to give up read text descriptions a long time ago. Guess that means I haven't been reading MOST this "help" you have been giving people. Text based simply gives me a headache and 9.7565475 times out of 10 I end up learning nothing from it, sorry but it is true.

you put me through hell reading all that text "crap" , (you too arashi, much respect) and most of the time I simply had to go and play by myself and discover it all by accident and "trial and error" (99.99% error).

You think I learned ALL my stuff from you? WRONG! I learned ONE thing from you, that is "atempting to wrap the chain closer to the middle". I thank you for teaching me that.

UK boys have published (on video) aproximatly three styles of "chain on chain" wraps. Guess that gives them the sole right to name then. (end sarcasm)

I, however, have pulished more types in my FIRST video than the whole UK group has shown on ALL their vieos. Add to that multiple camera angles, in addition to text based description. If that makes me an expert then so be it, Jedi. I never said I was THE expert. I simply stated a fact... I have posted numerouse styles of "chain on chain wraps" and you (and your boyz)have NOT even come close to doing that.

Oh, and your naming system sucks and has no link to other, well established, poi terminology. Despite that fact I am still willing to work with you on it. If you would work with me.

*edit: should have mentioned "work with me by making some videos....and lableing the moves for everybody to see clearly*

If you have read my above posts and still think I don't know what the hell you are talking about, then maybe that should tell you something about your text description techniques.

sorry to be so honest.

I realy do want to have a standard deffinition. I am even willing to use some of your terms, but you cannot maintain that your system is the only valid naming system. Especialy when you have not made any VALID teaching attempt. Text descriptions only teach 0.01% of the population and that is NO GOOD.

I even went to great lengths to publish (look above) a comprehensive description of the basic technical (mathmatical) nature of the components of these moves, AND linked it with standard poi terms.

Please, make a video of everything you can do, then name the moves so we can all SEE THEM. Then MAYBE I will try to use some of your terms. If not, your past efforts at text description will continue to torture the masses for years to come.

But never assume you have the sole right to name them.

Love you man, , try to NOT take offence, as none was intended.

[ 08. October 2003, 16:39: Message edited by: DJ Dantana ]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
PS, NYC, what are your talking about "vacume"?!?!? Are you unable to download and view the numerouse videos I have created?

I know most of them are nolonger available online through my site, but I know they are out there in web land.

Must I make the "ultimate" 2xchain wrap video?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Dantana:
PS, NYC, what are your talking about "vacume"?!?!? Are you unable to download and view the numerouse videos I have created?

Must I make the "ultimate" 2xchain wrap video?

I am unable to download and view the numerous videos you have created. Yes.

Please make the ultimate 2xchain wrap video.

Then send me the video though the mail.

And yo, I see your point Dan, but you gotta see glass' also. Which I think you're missing.

My feeling is that your crew, dan, invented many moves without outside influence. Bravo. Somehow, the term 'hyperloop' was stumbled upon, not fully understood, and assigned meaning in your world. The problem with that is that it ALREADY HAD meaning previously. The word got out, but the meaning got lost. I don't think you can reassign meanings of words that have already been defined. And if one is going to invent moves, they should be named things that haven't already been defined.

That's my two cents. And I'm sure it could only do more harm than good.

Also, I'm fairly certain you're picking up a vibe from glass which simply isn't there. There aren't any 'crews' or attitude at all. Just some guys sitting in a park playing.

Peace and respect. One of these days I gotta learn this whole 'poi' thing. It sounds fun.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
As an unbiased third party observer, I'd have to say you're being a bit confrontational Dan. You're an amazing spinner, I myself have learned a TON from your videos, but with your spinning abilities you might want to hone in on and polish your tolerance for different opinions. A bunch of stuff about how you contributed more hyperloops than the 'UK boyz' (sweet, does this mean my fellow spinners and I are Yankee Boyz sinc we live in the US?) doesn't really mean much, as his argument is not that they have contributed more than you, but they have named and classified air wraps before you did with hyperloops. If my company makes more milk bottles than everyone else in the world combined, that doesn't give me the right to rename milk to hyperwater, even if I film the bottles from multiple angles.

All I'm saying, and sorry if I'm intruding, is that you might need to lay off a bit... Glass is simply saying you might be out of place renaming moves which are already established and named, as you could very well be adding to the confusion. I myself have called them hyperloops, only because the first time I saw them the person doing them told me they were hyperloops.

On a side note: I still can't do a single airwrap/hyperloop/whatever-the-hell we're gonna call them. I need someone to teach me in person, verbal descriptions and even videos aren't enough

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
No, no no, I DO see glass's point. He's right...

Glass, please don't take any of this in a bad way. I realy do have tons of respect for you. I think you are one of the most amazing spinners I have ever seen (although a lot of what you do is non-spinning spinning... I thin kyou know what I mean.... (cyclic deconstructionism)

And, from everything I can see you are a pretty cool dude to hang out with, always helpfull.

In fact I agree with most of what you say. Unfortunatly it was not just me who was (IS) confused as to what the heck you were talking about. But I saw what you called a "hyperloop" and I thought the defining characteristic was that the chains were wraping at the halfway point (well at least one of them was) Rather than the hand possition. That same video introduced me to a lot of new contact staff. Then I went and made some videos and then it all went bad from the confusion viewpoint.

Anyways, should I go through hop and fix all the threads I have participated? I will if I have to...damage control...? And what about all the other people's posts with inacurate information. As I recall there are other people besides me who thought airwraps and hyperloops were the same as I thought when you were first describing them to me. People like coleman I think, and a few canadians.

Anywas, I'm not trying to be confrontational. But you need to see my point, and that is... if you are going to be discovering new classes of moves and naming them, you need to (please???) make videos of them once in a great while. And our current situation is partialy the result...

I also do not know how far back the "airwrap" term goes, but I have been here three years, and I KNOW there are other people here who call the diferently than you do, and well befor you mentioned it to me.

Remember, I used think I was the "wrap master funk" and I knew what a wrap was, and I actually did discover a "handle chain on chain wrap" befor discovered HOP. I think I am not the only one, as that name makes a lot of sence, and that is a move which most people discover realatively soon.

Page: