poi toymember
9 posts

Posted:
Hi there!
While trying to learn a 5beat weave I stumbeled on sumthing tottaly different (lol) but I don’t have a clue what im doing…so I thought here would be the best place to ask!
Basically (well this will prbs make no sence tho!) I start off doing a 3 beat reverse weave, then bring it to a forwards weave to one side without moving my feet (just my tourso) then back to a reverse weave, do a beat in front of me in butterfly plan then do the same on my otherside (lost yet?). after doing this for a while I managed to squeeze in extra beast on either side.
A friend veideoed me doing this and in slow mo we counted 5 beats with my left and 6 with my left…what am I doing????

Another thing to add i geuss is that im doing this without any wraps at all. dunno if that helps tho!

thanks alot

[ 26. September 2003, 22:04: Message edited by: poi toy ]

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Sounds similer to part of a 'full fountain', which would be 12 beats while in wall plane, with the back of your wrist facing forwards for the low BTB circles.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

poi toymember
9 posts

Posted:
Safe bud,
jus did a search on the fountain an its all clear(ish) now .
which brings me to my next question...What does a 12 beat weave with no wraps look like??

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
12 beat weave with no wraps is impossible I believe... most I've seen without wraps is 7, and even that is ugly.

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
i think you are just doing a 5 bt weave in a wall plane with some wonkey ass shit on the side, lets have that vid, if you please.

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Another little confirmation:

What you were doing is called a ____ POINT weave instead of a ____ BEAT weave (replace ___ with however many beats you do). The regular 3 beat weave has 2 points, one on your left and one on your right. While doing spinning moves, changing planes from wheel to wall and back again, it's hard to count points, let alone beats, but basically all the moves where you twist your upper body is changing points, changing hand position and still gaining beats is usually gaining beats.

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
What is a point (as opposed to a beat)?

E pluribus unum, baby.

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Beats move within points... a fountain is basically a 4 point weave.

poi toymember
9 posts

Posted:
im working on getting myself and a few freinds up online with some videos an pics an stuff but i gotta make the site first which will prb take me sum while.