Backpacker2kmember
30 posts

Posted:
This may have been a topic before....but it could be cool one to share.O.K....Many of us on the board have quotes we use as a sort of stamp of identity....I've always found Pele's "Fire, Fire burning higher...." a good one. What do they mean, are they your own or did you quote them off some historic dude. I've been pondering one for myself but I can't think of any good ones..maybe you lot can help me..... something along the idea of travelling, colour, art and space

ABCDEFG...HIJKLMNOP...QRSTU and V..WXY and Zeeeee.Hey everybody look at me...now I know my ABC!

Backpacker2kmember
30 posts

Posted:
Shit....misquoted Pele......sorry mateHigher, Higher, burning fire......ahhh thats better. Twas a really long night and I've got one helluva hangover

ABCDEFG...HIJKLMNOP...QRSTU and V..WXY and Zeeeee.Hey everybody look at me...now I know my ABC!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I'm quite surprised no one has answered this - we all love an opportunity to talk about ourselves.My quote comes from Jim Morrison. I was fanatical about him and The Doors for several of my teenage years.My particular quote actually came from the movie - not sure whether he said it in real life, or whether he even penned it himself.But I like it, cos it sums me up fairly accurately (with regards to firedancing anyway!).------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
The Doors Rule! Need to go out and see if I can spin to them grin------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
The Doors are great. So many memories come back when I listen to their music.. smile

C'mon baby light my fire

beakermember
54 posts

Posted:
Now to see if my quote will actually appear this time------------------C'mon baby light my fire

C'mon baby light my fire

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey there Backpacker! Glad you like it. I love referring to the wisdom and humor of others!Anyway, mine comes from the movie "Legend" with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara, an 80's fantasy flick. In one section the goblins have stolen the horn off a unicorn and one of them was playing with it around a fire causing it to flare up and he was chanting and dancing to the particular phrase I chose.It definately reflects my attitude towards fire! smileFor the Pyromorph website I selected several different fire based quotes to introduce the pages. Over all the Pyromorph quote is "The Spirit Of Fire Is The Spirit Of Change...Let The Fire Change You". We even use the "let the fire change you" part on our t-shirts and such as part of our logo, since that is what pyromorph means anyway.Great question!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 21 August 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure where mine originated. But I heard it once and it's been one of my favorite quotes ever since. There's this sick sense of realism in my quote.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson