• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Streamer1122

Total posts: 1
Posted:OK you lot. I know that this may be stupid but everyone has to start somewere. Can anyone tell me moves, how to hold the glow stick, tricks ect for beginners, baring in mind i have never done ne thinglike this before. I have seen it done at Clubs and raves, and always admired and stood amasied at the sight of it, but could never do it. Can any one help me start.
Cheerz!

Delete Topic

DeepSoulSheep
GOLD Member since Sep 2002

DeepSoulSheep

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2617
Posted:Have you looked in the lessons section of this site. There's a link up top there....

Have a look and give it a try. If you've any questions once you've had a look then ask 'em. You can also search for specific moves once you know what they're called. This is usually a good idea cause there's loads of handy tips and stuff in the old threads considering you can ba pretty much guaranteed and problem your havings, been had by someone else before.

Only a personal thing but I don't know if glosticks are the easiest thing to learn with cause they're really light. Try make some poi out of long socks and juggling balls...

Hope that helps

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Delete

JinX

mushroom collector

Total posts: 208
Posted:quote:Originally posted by Baa Baa:

Only a personal thing but I don't know if glosticks are the easiest thing to learn with cause they're really light. Try make some poi out of long socks and juggling balls...
if you dont have juggling balls. tennis balls, or anything heavier should be fine.

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Delete

Deimos
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

Deimos

Cinnamon Girl

Total posts: 191
Posted:Sock poi are super to learn with, however when you want to crack out the glowsticks and hypnotize the silly ravers, then socks aren't really going to cut it. When I started spinning, I'd just tie a length of ribbon to each one. The weight and motion of the glowsticks are reeeeal different than socks so you have to adjust but it still looks pretty righteous.
I haven't visited it in a while, but there's a thread called "best strings for glowsticks" out there somewhere, could have some good pointers.

P*L*U*R

Delete

Atom
SILVER Member since Sep 2003

Total posts: 57
Posted:another thing, to make glo-stix heavier and easier to swing and twirl, on one end of the string, put 2 glo-stix on it, and the other end, just one, do it to both strings, it will add the extra weight and give you a handle so you won't get the wear and tear on the fingers from the string....

F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E
F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E F I R E

Delete

Spinner
BRONZE Member since Jun 2004

Spinner

stranger

Total posts: 24
Posted:Good idea!

Delete

Spinner
BRONZE Member since Jun 2004