Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > New Move!!! Split butterfly wrap!!

Login/Join to Participate

KorinFoxGOLD Member
24 posts

Posted:
Alright... im not sure if this is a new move or not... but I havent seen anyone do this... ok so it goes like this. If you do a split-time butterfly infront a normal one too, and you do a leg wrap with either leg, but on only one of the poi. Then because its split time, the other poi wraps around the leg, but at the same time as that the first poi wraps around the arm with the other poi. If anyone can understand this be welcome to respond... but I think basically its a leg and then arm/leg wrap combo for a split-time butterfly and then from there you can go into a weave... (thats why I like this wrap... nice transition from butterfly to weave...)

Vagueness defines everything...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Sounds nice but I wouldn't call it a new move.

If you like that one, you might enjoy looking at the list of wraps under the poi lessons section, there's loads of stuff in there, some similar to what your describing, like arm, arm, leg and such and such.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KorinFoxGOLD Member
24 posts

Posted:
actually I just looked through the section of wraps... its not in there!!!! I think thats because there are no wraps in there for split butterfly... its like a split butterfly 2 beat wrap combo...

Vagueness defines everything...

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I learned it from a couple of people out this way... so there are people around that do it.. although it might not be listed...

then again a lot of stuff doesn't come up in the search too..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I know it's not there, I was just suggesting that if you like wraps as you well seem to do then you might like to have a look through it.

There's clearly an infinite no of combo's...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by KorinFox:
actually I just looked through the section of wraps... its not in there!!!! I think thats because there are no wraps in there for split butterfly...
all butterflywraps can be done in split time too.....should be possible anyway ....
and when it comes to wraps the variations and combos are as many as you like..would be hard to make a definite list

I like Fire.. :)