Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > butterfly hyperloop wrap...thing

Login/Join to Participate

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:
ok, really cool thing i accedentaly just fouind out. i was doing the butterfly and my shit got all tangled and i turned out doing a buzzsaw hyperloop. i figued it out and what i actualy did was first wrap the chains then wraped my left poi around my right arm then turned 90 degrees to put me into the buzz saw hyperloop. it was really cool feeling so if anyone else has any of these hyperloop wrap things, combos i guess, tell me.

i like pie

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
i have one that happens when I mess up a one beat butterfly hyperloop, and one poi wraps on my wrist and the hyperloop magicaly unloops and stays a butterfly.

I honestly don't know how it stays a butterfly after the recoil, it should be a buzzsaw but it doesn't.... I don't have a high speed camera for slow motion, so may never know...

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Noir_deluxemember
58 posts

Posted:
Whats a hyperloop? And whats a buzzsaw? How do you do these amazing moves?

Noir_DDELUX

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:
i didnt know there was more than one beat to a butterfly. so...huh?

i like pie

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i believe '1 beat' refers to the nuber of beats made while the poi are tangled...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
dantana your recoiled wick must be flipping to the other side, making the whole airwrap reversed. instead of going inverted to unwrap. perhaps?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
you can stay in the tangle for ages and ages and ages flipping between same direction and butterfly, but it's kinda tricky to keep the momentum, i usually give up after three or four cause it gets a bit dull too .

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
maybe maybe....

yes, coleman, I am refering to the number of beats made while they are still tangled.

Arashi, only one poi is hitting, so by all rights it should become a weavish thing.... but it stays a forward butterfly.

Bluecat.... you number one bad!!!!

Noir_deluxemember
58 posts

Posted:
Hey seriously people. I'm bored with tricks and need to learn some new ones. If you could tell me what either a buzzsaw is or a hyperloop, and maybe how to do one, or the other. I hate to be all, ya know, Newbie, but i have noone to twirl with or show me (or tell me other than you people on this website!

Noir_DDELUX

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
If I was an arse I would say "there are many thread covering this, several are currently active... they even say "hyperloop" (or airwrap), just look one level up from this thread. Or you could try doing a search"

But, since I am not a complete asshole, here are some links...

https://www.flamingsphere.homestead.com/files/dantutorialsmall.wmv

https://video.fire-chains.com/hyperloops/DanHyperloops.avi

and a VERY short description

Buzzsaw

imagine holding a bicycle tire by the axle and let it spin inbetween your arms (one hand on each side of the axle). now substitute poi in each hand and make them split time.

Hyperloop

A general term describing the act of purposely making the chains cross and tangle and then untangle, all in one flud motion, utilizing the "thru wrap" method of unwraping them.
That is begin on one side and exit on the other side of your body.

Generaly hyperloops occure midway down the chains, but besides that are identical to "airwraps"

just watch the videos....

Check out these too, there are a few sporadic hyperloops and many buzzsaws

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000010;p=1

Is my good deed for today done?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
for dan for saying hyperloops and airwraps are the same thing.

also have a look here for some more vid stuff from me and pk....

have you got a wierd plane thing going on dan that lets you chage direction but cunningly keep going the same way...?

R

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i say hyperloops are a specific kind of airwrap.
but i can't even count so what do i know...

my first attempt at a butterfly hyperloop involved going outside, inside, outside.
the weird thing was i'd start in fwd bf on the right and exit in fwd bf on the left
no-one could explain it but that might be because i only ever did it neatly about twice in the month i was playing with it
gave up after that cos it confused me way too much.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
yes, there are some realy different hyperloops that are difficult to do, imagine, explain, repeat.... I only hope that one day we will be able to look back and laugh, saying, "remember when we didn't even know how to do a btb inverted tnt weave hyperloop"

I knew SOMEBODY would say something about my deffinition of hyperloops... (UK)

you see, nobody realy agrees on the naming of these style of moves.... It is like a different language...

personaly I think everybody elses nomenclature is silly , and only mine makes sence

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
hey Bluecat, man, I already listed that link.... Beat ya to it...

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:

i like pie

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:
btw how do you do a butterfly hyperloop...shouldnt it just tangle around each other without...something happening that...works...i dont know whats goin on, help

i like pie

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I think I've written a description rather recently, and there's been others before me.

Either
a) myself or someone else will write them out again
or b) you can go search for them

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
the "buttrfly hyperloop" could be better described as a "inside butterfly hyperloop" sort of like the buzzsaw except doing a butterfly. that is where it begins. Then you turn 180 and it comes untangled. there can be any number of beats on the outside inbetween the tangle and untangle.

apparently there is an "outside beggining" for it also, but I have never seen it.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Dan: I do mine that way, all in the wall plane.

Bluecat: you WHAT!!!! are you saying not only have you got hyp weave to butterfly trasition, but you do the two constantly? go home!

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
actually, when I first learned the butterfly hyperloop, I could consistently turn it into a weave as I exited it. I haven't done it that way for a long time. It is simply a matter of doing the hyperloop realy slow, then as they come undone pull one of the poi to change it's direction (just as it almost stalls from lack of momentum to bring it upwards) does that make any sence? sort of like a pendulum except you force the poi to change direction more quickly.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
dan,

thats pretty easy, but can you do weave hyperloop to butterfly?

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
with or without a (recoil)wrap?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
And Nix?, Don't think I didn't notice that funky arse hyperloop you did on COL4

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by [Nx?]:
Dan: I do mine that way, all in the wall plane.

Bluecat: you WHAT!!!! are you saying not only have you got hyp weave to butterfly trasition, but you do the two constantly? go home!

T

can't do them any more.

didn't poi @ bristle, just juggled really.

sorry

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
ok this is about the most relevent place that I can find.. I don't like starting new threads about things that I've read before but I'm not coming across it in the search.. I've been working on my butterfly weaving and I managed to do this butterfly buzzsaw thingy.. Its a work in progress... But I'm not sure I fully understand it yet... because I only get one poi to buzzsaw.. while doing the butterfly, my right arm goes over my left wrist, and instead of coming up on the outside of my right arm, it comes up between my arms... I only get it to undo itself on the other side half the time..

anyway.. I don't know what I'm doing.. but iuf anyone does, I could use a little help...

thx

edit: update.. when the poi comes up between my arms the way I twist my wrists results in a tangle that works itself out on the other side.. I'm assuming that this tangle is the same kind of tangel as a hyperloop tangle by the way it works itself out, but I ahven't worked with butterfly hyperloops (nor can I do one that I'm aware of..) but basically this tangle doesn't mess with the butterfly at all and by continuing to do the 5 bt butterfly weave (haven't tried this with lesser bts) it works itself out and I continue no problem..

[ 23. September 2003, 14:11: Message edited by: Rev ]

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:
could you possibly reverse the dirsection of a hyperloop by wraping both?

if anyone can do this please tell me how, cause it sounds imposible

i like pie

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
you can with weave based hyperloops.. I dunno about butterfly ones... but since the hyperloop involves chain to chain tangles, I guess I'm lost on your questiona bout tangling one or both..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
THE SHORT ANSWER IS YES, YOU CAN DO IT. Jedi white can do a butterfly hyperloop wrap that reverses and untangles. It is also possible to wrap only one and still come out of a butterfly hyperloop (I do it occationaly on accident).

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
It's pretty simple to do double wrist wraps during a butterfly hyperloop....
will change the direction from a inward BF to an outwards....it's also a nice combo to change the direction back and forth without leaving the hyperloop.....

I like Fire.. :)

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
nice