xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hello, most of you have been using fire for a long time now.Your first time, were you confident and not that nervous. Do you think you were not as good as you could have been because you were nervous or scared.Well let me know, thanx.Fire_Sista

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Lol, my first time... i remember it well. I was confident until the wicks were lit and then i started freaking. They were home made wicks and we didn't know how big to make them so lookin back the wicks i used for my first time were the size of like a football. They made the loudest sound and i shit my pants when ever i spun them.*WHOOOSH* *WHOOOOOOOOSH* "HOLY shit! *WHOOOOSH* heh."i was so scared i actually screwed up on the weave (i spun fire like 2 weeks after i started spinning) and the chains got wrapped around my arm. I have 2 chain looking scars on my left arm now because of it. Oh well, all in good fun... though that was funny, my friend got his pants on fire, he hit himself on the leg and he was wearing nylon pants so it easily caught on fire. At first he didn't realize it so he was just cooking for a couple of seconds until i told him he was on fire. He panicked and tried to snuff it out with the other leg... so the fire spread to his other leg LOL... he finally just ripped of his pants (they were tearaways) and we put it out then.gawd, the first time spinning fire, the memories smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey there Fire Sista, here's a few links for you to get answersThis first one answers your question:https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000972.htmlThis one offers up many helpful tips on your first light:https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000424.html------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
"At first he didn't realize it so he was just cooking for a couple of seconds until i told him he was on fire."BWaahahaha ahahahah that is classic phunky!! grin [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">"S"------------------[/image]He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
When I first lit up, after practicing for a few months, I was totally confident.Then i spun the staff once and the same thing got to me.The WHOOSH WHOOSH noise so close to my face scared me half to death that I dropped the staff and ran away...LOL must have looked so idiotic to anyone watching. No-one was, which was another idiotic thing, no safety!Now i love the noise, its the main reason I'm still doing fire, it's awesome!------------------Charleshttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Gawwwd, you lot have scared me half to death, saying you messed up some stuff.I can't wait until I start. I'll try to do it well, thanx guys. By the way I love your story phunky very funny.peace outSista

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I didn't get over the drop and run away fear of it till one of my chains acidently wraped around my hand when I was trying to spin it out. Just a quick 3 or 4 twists around my hand I remember thinking I was gonna burn myself so bad in the split second It took to wrap around. But the wick simply bouced off my palm and continued to unwrap in the other direction.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
My first time doing fire was only like a month ago. ive been twirling glowsticks for a pretty long time though, so i knew what i was doing. it was awesome. the loud *whoosh* around my body was the only thing that made me nervous, now ive come to love it. i was on a high the first time i twirled fire.. (then again it was probably the fumes)