• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > I'm sure this has been done, but...

Login/Join to Participate

SpinningOnyx

Total posts: 1
Posted:By accident i discovered a new move (at least, new to me). i was practicing with glowsticks, doing an air wrap with the three-beat weave (the glowsticks wrap around each other on the crossover) and i missed...it made this really cool 5-beat (2:3) pattern. what happens is you do the regular three beat on one side, let's say the right side, and then before you bring your right hand over to the other side, you do an extra spin with your left hand on the INSIDE of your right arm, and then bring your right arm over to the left. if this is another move that already has a name or something, tell me, and then i'll go hide in a corner

Delete Topic

Rev
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Rev

Bastard Newbie Messiah

Total posts: 1269
Posted:sounds to me like you did a 5 bt weave.. but thecoming inside sounds like this thing ( I know this is the wrong term) I call a seprated weave.,.. where I do the 5 bt weave but I keep them seperated so that they the left poi comes inside the right arm and then outside the right arm when on the right side... and you are doign the seperateion (which comes at the end of the 3 bt.. and then doing one beat seperated and then twisting it back up in the normal 5 bt fashion.. but that's all I can gather from your descrip..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Delete

JinX

mushroom collector

Total posts: 208
Posted:are both poi coming in or only one? if both are coming in it may just be a buzzsaw from 3 beat weave but it only buzzsaws for one beat therefore 5 beats.

there is a better discription here somewhere

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Delete

Rev
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Rev

Bastard Newbie Messiah

Total posts: 1269
Posted:That's why I said a sepration.. a seperation allows one to bring a poi insside and one outside.. and still end up with 5 beats...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Delete